Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVD Replacements

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-13, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DVD Replacements

Have you ever had to send in or send away for replacements of dvds that you bought and were damaged or incorrect somehow ? Have you had to replace a dvd more than once ? I got the 6 seasons of Corner gas. Three of the sets had discs where some episodes would skip or not even play at all. I had to send the three sets in 3 or 4 times to get sets that would play. Luckily, I didn't have to send in anything and risk it getting lost in the mail and not having it.
Old 11-06-13, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Re: DVD Replacements

The Gamera 3 Bluray had to be replaced 2-3 times. They kept messing up the subtitles on some of the extras.
Old 11-07-13, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

Yea, over the years I have had to return several DVDs and DVD Sets for replacement - it's a pain in the ass! The most recent was The Planet Earth set - took months to get 2 replacement discs - which do not look the same as the original ones and I therefore wonder if they are the same!

I have purchased 12 Simpson's DVD Sets and have had to exchange exactly 50% of them due to skipping or just plain refusing to play problems - must be pressed in some 3rd world country somewhere.

Some companies are very quick to help out with defective titles and others have no indication on their websites of how to get a disc replaced, who to e-mail, where to send a defective disc or anything else. The lack of Customer Service in such cases is absolutely maddening!
Old 11-07-13, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best customer service I've dealt with is VSC and Mill Creek. They replace dvds without many, if any, questions. Once, Mill Creek even sent me a free dvd set to apologise about having to replace my dvds.
Old 11-08-13, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Wow- too bad they don't apologise about their flawed Blu-Ray transfers (Camp Nowhere is in mono!)
Old 11-09-13, 06:46 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Had to send Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End (2-Disc Limited Edition) back for replacement because it hung up and pixilated BADLY right about in the middle of the movie for at least several minutes. Sucked because my wife and I were kicking back one evening and really getting into this movie when it just wouldn't play anymore. Replacement played fine.
Old 11-17-13, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
I had to send the three sets in 3 or 4 times to get sets that would play. Luckily, I didn't have to send in anything and risk it getting lost in the mail and not having it.
..quick question: did you have to send your originals off, or did you get them replaced just by asking...? I got confused reading, but these are the questions I like to know and file away for reference!