Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

iTunes digital vs Amazon download vs DVDs - using The Avengers as a test case

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-12, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iTunes digital vs Amazon download vs DVDs - using The Avengers as a test case

I've been trying to figure out how to make my current movie purchases. As a long time DVD buyer, I've been trying to figure out how to buy my movies going forward.

Not sure how to buy the Avengers.

I'll watch it the most on my Kindle.

Can buy it on iTunes and even get some - but apparently not all of the features. You get some deleted scenes. (Some of the deleted scenes? All of them?) I don't think you get the commentary. Which I'd love to listen to.

I love being able to watch movies on my kindle. Don't have to worry about finding the DVD or if it's scratched etc.

Am thinking about getting the Avenger's 4 disk combo from Amazon. (Although I don't want to listen to the music). Then have the option to watch it on my dvd player and on my iPad.

Or just get it on Amazon instant video.

Thoughts?
Old 09-22-12, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: iTunes digital vs Amazon download vs DVDs - using The Avengers as a test case

Do you want to own something or do you want to pay money and be at the whim of a company on if you can watch it or not? Companies, including Amazon, have pulled digital products back from people that "bought" them. I put bought in quotes because you aren't really buying anything. Online services have also shut down or changed in significant ways, meaning those that went digital are out of luck and wasted their money.

If you buy a physical product, it's there for you, no matter if your internet connection goes down or not. Plus it'll probably come with some digital code, so you can always put that on your device.