DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Season 1, Vol 1 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/601290-mighty-morphin-power-rangers-season-1-vol-1-a.html)

Dragon Tattoo 07-24-12 05:26 AM

Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Season 1, Vol 1

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather (Post 11319973)
I'm really hoping it will have the pilot with one of the actors being different.

The post directly above you states that that episode is included (The Lost Episode Hosted by Austin St. John and Walter Emmanuel Jones).

LosingMyMind 07-24-12 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11319992)
The post directly above you states that that episode is included (The Lost Episode Hosted by Austin St. John and Walter Emmanuel Jones).

The Lost Episode is the second pilot. Audri DuBois was in the first.

Dragon Tattoo 07-24-12 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 11320714)
The Lost Episode is the second pilot. Audri DuBois was in the first.

I'm wondering if you ever actually watched this...? Audri DuBois was in The Lost Episode that was hosted by Austin and Walter. It aired on TV. I actually saw it when I was a kid and have it on VHS tape.

Just go to the Wiki if you still don't get it:
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Episode

Or go to Youtube and look at the promos which very obviously have DuBois playing Trini.

mhg83 08-01-12 09:11 PM

This gets shipped this week correct?

LosingMyMind 08-01-12 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 11331852)
This gets shipped this week correct?

Ships the week of August 6.

LosingMyMind 08-03-12 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 11305450)
The MMPR set is now available to pre-order on shout's website:
http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257946

Temporarily sold out and shout has pulled the order page until they have more stock :up:

Spottedfeather 08-03-12 09:54 PM

Can't wait for this. When I was a kid (Well, 13), Power Rangers was my favourite show. I can't wait to watch the dvds. Hopefully, they'll do another set with the next 7 seasons.

LosingMyMind 08-08-12 01:11 AM

Because of the week delay, Time Life is giving everyone who pre-ordered before the revised ship date an upgrade to expedited shipping.

mhg83 08-08-12 01:14 PM

Morphtastic!

Mike86 08-09-12 09:32 PM

So I didn't realize until reading the review on here that the individual volumes weren't going to have the extras at all. That was part of the appeal for me to want to buy these. I don't really want to have to buy the whole damn box set for it either as I really only like Mighty Morphin and In Space.

LosingMyMind 08-09-12 10:25 PM

Sets are shipping out Friday with overnight delivery for the pre-orders. Can't wait!

mhg83 08-10-12 06:04 PM

I got a confirmation e-mail that it's been shipped but the expected delivery date is monday. So no overnight? It's shipping from kentucky which is about 6 hours from me in illinois. So good chance i get it tomorrow? I hope :)

Spottedfeather 08-10-12 07:51 PM

Mine is supposed to be here by Monday.

Spottedfeather 08-13-12 03:53 PM

My sets just got here. I haven't watched them yet, though. But the packaging is great. Not quite as sparkly as the JEM sets Shout Factory did, the boxes are still incredible quality. I'm a bit disappointed by the "exclusive Power Rangers figure" that comes with the set. From the pictures online, I was thinking it would a lot bigger than it actually is. I was expecting something like the large PR figures that came out years ago. Not quite as big as a barbie/gi Joe, but bigger than the little 80s gi Joes. The figure is actually only slightly bigger than an 80s gi joe. It does look cool, though.

mhg83 08-13-12 04:52 PM

Got my set early morning. The toy is okay but i never wanted it anyways. Watched a few episodes and i find the Bulk and Skull stuff the best part. They're also better actors than the rangers :lol:

Also Amy Jo Johnson is still :drool:

Spottedfeather 08-14-12 03:18 PM

Well, I've watched the first 10 or 11 episodes, and I have to say the quality is great. Definitely a LOT better than what you would have seen on tv in 1992. With 10 episodes on each disc, I would have thought there'd be a lot of compression. But I haven't seen any artifacts. At least, not that I noticed. The audio is standard stereo. A bit hollow sounding, but the All Channel Stereo setting on my surround sound makes it sound a lot better. I'm sure it would sound just fine through tv speakers, though.

LosingMyMind 08-14-12 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather (Post 11346676)
Well, I've watched the first 10 or 11 episodes, and I have to say the quality is great. Definitely a LOT better than what you would have seen on tv in 1992. With 10 episodes on each disc, I would have thought there'd be a lot of compression. But I haven't seen any artifacts. At least, not that I noticed. The audio is standard stereo. A bit hollow sounding, but the All Channel Stereo setting on my surround sound makes it sound a lot better. I'm sure it would sound just fine through tv speakers, though.

I'm happy with how great the VHS specials look. But by far, the coolest feature is the Galaxy Rangers easter egg. Could watch that over and over again, with how awesome/hilarious it is.

Spottedfeather 08-16-12 12:23 AM

I was reading about how there is an easter egg somewhere. Does anyone know how to find it ?

LosingMyMind 08-16-12 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather (Post 11348519)
I was reading about how there is an easter egg somewhere. Does anyone know how to find it ?

On the first MMPR bonus disc, just press right until the lightning bolt at the top is highlighted.

Ash Ketchum 08-16-12 12:51 PM

Okay, I'm a bit slow here. I haven't ordered anything yet. I want to order the big box set, the one that has, like, 7 seasons, but when I went to Shout's site all I could find was Season 1, Vol. 1. And that's all I found on Amazon.

How does one order the larger box set?

Thanks.

Quack 08-16-12 01:05 PM

Ash you gotta go to Time Life's site.

Here ya go!

http://timelife.com/products/power-r...to-lost-galaxy

Spottedfeather 08-16-12 04:49 PM

I can't wait to get to Space and Lost Galaxy. After the original team, Lightspeed, Wild Force, and Time Force, those are my favourite seasons. I'm really hoping that Shout does more sets with the next 7 seasons of the show.

LosingMyMind 08-18-12 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather (Post 11349350)
I can't wait to get to Space and Lost Galaxy. After the original team, Lightspeed, Wild Force, and Time Force, those are my favourite seasons. I'm really hoping that Shout does more sets with the next 7 seasons of the show.

From Ranger Crew:

The next Shout! PR set containing Lightspeed to (probably) Wild Force will be out sometime next year. The set may or may not include NS

Spottedfeather 08-18-12 03:31 PM

I'm hoping they'll do Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD, and at least Mystic Force. The other series would be alright, too.

LosingMyMind 09-02-12 06:51 PM

The MMPR set is back on shout's site.