Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Commentary tracks with people that have no relation to the film?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Commentary tracks with people that have no relation to the film?

Old 03-13-12, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Commentary tracks with people that have no relation to the film?

Micky Dolenz, Peter Tork & Davy Jones (separately) on Daydream Believers, the TV movie about them, but none of them had anything to do with the production. They're really cool commentaries because they point what actually happened and what didn't happen (Like Michael Nesmith's portrayal as being very vocal about the music thing to the point of yelling out in productions etc. and that never really happened. I think it was Peter Tork who said if it had been like that maybe there wouldn't have been a problem). I think more bio-pic films about people who are still living should have that person do a commentary.
Old 03-14-12, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Commentary tracks with people that have no relation to the film?

Kevin Smith is probably the king of this, he also appears on commentary tracks for "Spaced" and "Orgazmo".

Also the original "Clerks" track has people like "Mallrats" producer Jim Jacks contributing because it was recorded during that movie's production on the set or at least at the hotel where they were all staying.

Bryan Singer has one of his writer friends do the X-Men track with him. I also remember talk of a Blade trilogy release that was to have all 3 directors commenting on all 3 films together bu it never materialized.