Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Fan Favorites: The Best of Cheers, March 6

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-12, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
Fan Favorites: The Best of Cheers, March 6

Just found out about this, ran a search and saw nothing here. Here's the listing. WTF @ no Coach on the cover.

According to a reviewer, the episode listing is as follows:

Spoiler:
(1) Give Me a Ring Sometime (Pilot: Season One, Episode 1): A jilted Diane meets the Cheers crew for the first time and Sam, despite his better instincts, offers her a job.
(2) Diane's Perfect Date (Season One, Episode 17): Sam and Diane agree to set up blind dates for one another and disaster ensues.
(3) Pick A Con, Any Con (Season One, Episode 19): This won the Facebook poll as favorite episode. When Coach is swindled, the crew hatch a plan to get his money back.
(4) Abnormal Psychology (Season Five, Episode 4): A pushy Diane works to put Frasier and Lilith together.
(5) Thanksgiving Orphans (Season Five, Episode 9): A Thanksgiving potluck is held at Carla's new home.
(6) Dinner At Eight-ish (Season Five, Episode 20): When Sam and Diane are invited to a dinner party with Frasier and Lilith, the evening becomes a night of psychological warfare.
(7) Simon Says (Season Five, Episode 21): Sam and Diane find out they are mismatched after a couples counseling session.
(8) An Old Fashioned Wedding Parts 1 & 2 (Season Ten, Episode 25 and Episode 26): It's the Wedding Day of Woody and Kelly and the crew offers its services for a night of secrets and revelations.
Old 03-01-12, 12:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Fan Favorites: The Best of Cheers, March 6

It won't happen, but it would be nice for good shows like this that ran a long time to have a best of set - similar to a season set. I get why they do single disc sets and it's cheap, but a discounted season set would be too and would be appealing.
Old 03-01-12, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Oh, that cover isn't photoshopped

I was thinking maybe they left out Coach because it wouldn't make sense to have him and Woody, but then they have Diane and Rebecca. Apparently they decided that the people who were (1) in the cast longer or (2) bigger names outside of Cheers would be a stronger sell.
Old 03-01-12, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Oh, that cover isn't photoshopped

I was thinking maybe they left out Coach because it wouldn't make sense to have him and Woody, but then they have Diane and Rebecca. Apparently they decided that the people who were (1) in the cast longer or (2) bigger names outside of Cheers would be a stronger sell.