DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Sunday, Monday - HAPPY DAYS - Tuesday, Wednesday - HAPPY DAYS - Thursday, Friday... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/599208-sunday-monday-happy-days-tuesday-wednesday-happy-days-thursday-friday.html)

Buttmunker 02-21-12 09:02 AM

Sunday, Monday - HAPPY DAYS - Tuesday, Wednesday - HAPPY DAYS - Thursday, Friday...

...The Best of HAPPY DAYS!!

For me, this is a no-brainer. For this series, I really didn't want the season sets, so a little best-of of the first three seasons is good for me.

Does anybody have opinions on the episodes they selected for the disc?

All The Way (Season 1 premiere)
Fonzie Drops In (Season 1)
Haunted (Season 2)
Guess Who's Coming To Christmas (Season 2)
Richie's Flip Side (Season 2)
Fonzie Moves In (Season 3 premiere)
The Motorcycle (Season 3)
They Call It Potsie Love (Season 3)

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Hap...#ixzz1n1rIMHKo

Buttmunker 02-21-12 09:03 AM

Re: Sunday, Monday - HAPPY DAYS - Tuesday, Wednesday - HAPPY DAYS - Thursday, Friday.

"Fonzie Drops In" - am I to assume that this is the episode where Fonzie is picking on Richie, and Richie musters all his courage and goes to confront Fonzie in Fonzie's garage where he works? In the end, Fonzie is impressed with Cunningham's courage, and befriends him?

smirnoffski 02-21-12 05:44 PM

Re: Sunday, Monday - HAPPY DAYS - Tuesday, Wednesday - HAPPY DAYS - Thursday, Friday.

So a moot purchase for those who already own the existing season sets. At least they could have included episodes from unreleased seasons or perhaps a few episodes from Happy Days spinoffs, e.g. Joanie Loves Chachie.

hasslein 02-21-12 07:52 PM

In the second season set, Guess who's coming to Christmas is missing the opening establishing shot, the credits have been redone, and a song wasn't licensed so the gag is ruined when richie & Mr. C first knock on Fonzie's door. Oh yeah, and it has the wrong opening theme... If this has been fixed (unlikely) I will purchase, if not...

Kurt D 02-22-12 07:45 PM

I was wondering who they were marketing this group of Fan Favorites DVDs too, since I would have guessed that most people who have any interest would want to get complete seasons, but now I Know who it's for: Buttmunker! :)

That said, points for including the 'Haunted Episode' - that scared the hell out of me as a kid. And if the Christmas ep is the one where Fonzie chooses to celebrate by moping alone in the garage, then I'd say they've done a good job picking.

(Should have the 'jumping the shark' episode, too.)

Buttmunker 02-23-12 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kurtie Dee (Post 11125730)
I was wondering who they were marketing this group of Fan Favorites DVDs too, since I would have guessed that most people who have any interest would want to get complete seasons, but now I Know who it's for: Buttmunker! :)

For this show, yes. I can only take "so much" of this show.

As an aside, if they released Fan Favorites: The Very Best of Lenny & Squiggy, I'd be there, too. There's only so much Laverne & Shirley I can take, and that's thanks to Lenny & Squiggy.

My Other Self 03-13-12 09:02 PM

I'm shocked that an enduring show like Happy Days hasn't been completely released at this point. Is it all the music issues? Didn't they just replace the music in the earlier season sets? A shame you can't even stream some of the cheesy later season.

Boba Fett 03-13-12 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 11150931)
I'm shocked that an enduring show like Happy Days hasn't been completely released at this point. Is it all the music issues? Didn't they just replace the music in the earlier season sets? A shame you can't even stream some of the cheesy later season.

Well it doesn't help the last few years of the show are utter garbage and barely resemble what the show once was.

davidh777 03-13-12 11:32 PM

It says something about the later years when the show invents the term "jumping the shark" as something for all future shows to avoid

Kurt D 03-14-12 02:14 PM

That scene would have been fine if he wasn't wearing his damn jacket.:mad:

Shannon Nutt 03-14-12 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 11150931)

I think it's less the music issue than the fact that the Season sets already released didn't sell nearly as well as expected.

WOODPRODUCTIONS 03-15-12 12:31 AM

I thought about getting one of the seasons..either season one or two, probably the two best seasons? At any rate this could be a nice appetizer. If it had that episode where Fonzie does that motorcycle jump stunt in front of arnolds and nearly kills himself would definately get this