Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Series' That You Hope Get Completed

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-12, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Series' That You Hope Get Completed

WB and Disney really need to get their **** together and finish what they started!! I want to finish my seasons of:

Tiny Toons
Animaniacs
Pinky and the Brain
Freakazoid
Gargoyles
Duck Tales
Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Tailspin
Gummi Bears (Never bought any of these, but I would if they'd actually finish releasing them. I feel burned by Disney on so many others that I'm no longer willing to risk buying their shows!)
I'm holding out on buying any of the Muppet Show seasons without knowing if they plan to continue them.

I'd also like to see the live action Superboy show finished.
Old 02-11-12, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Grainy
Baretta seasons 2 and 3. It's been 10 years since season one was released.
Given the legal troubles that hit Robert Blake about that time, and the rather messy conclusion to them, it isn't surprising the series went into limbo. Releasing this series is a PR quagmire the marketing folks are unlikely to let the studio touch with a 10 foot cockatoo feather.

As for MIA series, one a bit more recent. The Sci-Fi channel's Invisible Man, season 2. Bad enough this rare bit of quality on a channel known for banality was cut short in favor of funding more spins of the tired Stargate franchise wheel. But to have the second and final season - with its rather hasty series wrap up - left in the cold is salt in the wound. Given season 1 hit close out prices at various venues, odds don't look good for a reprieve.
Old 03-18-12, 05:03 AM

Hill Street Blues - please, somebody release a complete set!

also:
One Day at a Time
Life Goes On
Night Court
WKRP in Cincinnati (and for them to obtain some agreement over music licensing)
Picket Fences
The Flying Nun
Rhoda
The Muppet Show
Animaniacs

Saturday Night Live after S5 - I'm thinking they should release a box set of the early 80s, since they probably think it's not $$$ feasible to release seasons 6-9 on their own. Once they get over that hump, they could do seasons 10-11 with all the movie stars in the cast together, and then resume single season sets with the Carvey-Hartman-Lovitz-Spade era.
Old 03-18-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was just thinking how much I'd like to see Malcolm in the Middle get a complete series release. I only watched it sparingly when it was on, and with my new-found love for Bryan Cranston, I'd like to go back and watch him in a setting completely different from "Breaking Bad."
Old 03-18-12, 02:50 PM

Location: The Nova Catacumba Exhibition Center on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon.

One Word:

LASSIE

LESS than FIVE PERCENT of this series is available on DVD. This series is IMHO TIMELESS. All 19 Seasons need to be released. I was introduced to this series at the ripe old age of Seven, and the series was well into its "Ranger Years". I soon discovered there were two other "Versions" of this show that my Local Station ran on Saturday and Sunday Afternoon, mainly Jeff's Collie and Timmy & Lassie. It wasn't until the advent of the Internet did I discover that this was in fact one enormous series. Whenever the show was placed in syndication, the buffoons in charge of this decided to "Split" the series in three, and LEFT OUT Seasons 4, 9, 10 and 11 (Seasons 4 and 11 had the episodes where the dawg changed owners). Seasons 9 and 10 had "Experimental" Episodes where Lassie got separated from Timmy for a while, during which she spent time with various Charactures, among them Truck Drivers, Barnstormers, Military Personel and yes, Forest Rangers. I read the producers did these episodes to see who would be the dawg's new owner, they anticipated the Actor who played Timmy (John Provost) would arrive at a point where he no longer wanted to be a Child. and would want to move on to other things. The Episodes that got the most favorable response was her interlude with the Rangers, that sealed Lassies fate in Season 11. This is wholesome quality entertainment the entire Family would enjoy (Which is probably why they won't release it).
Old 03-18-12, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll say it again...Green Acres for sure, Rhoda, Mad About You, Mork and Mindy, Charlie's Angels, Mr. Belvidere and a lsew of others that have a season or two left on the docket, such as The Bob Newhart Show and obviously, The Muppet Show.
Old 03-18-12, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weird Science
Family Ties
Dharma and Greg
Mister Ed
Law and Order: Criminal Intent (Season 7 in June)
Old 03-18-12, 09:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love the rest of WKRP, too. But I couldn't care less if they keep replacing the music. It wasn't the main part of the show. It was about the characters and the situations they get into. Also, I'd love to see the rest of Family Matters, Family Ties, Growing Pains, and Facts of Life.
Old 01-16-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I really wish that Disney would release a fourth volume of DuckTales. One more volume would cover the entire series but its been a long time since the release of the third volume. I'd even take a MOD disc at this point just to get the remaining episodes.
Old 01-17-15, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 111 Posts

Who's the Boss?
Growing Pains
Perfect Strangers
Happy Days
DuckTales
Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers
Old 01-21-15, 08:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts