Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Even though you're a completist, You just CAN'T bring yourself to buy this movie..

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Even though you're a completist, You just CAN'T bring yourself to buy this movie..

Old 01-25-12, 03:54 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Re: Even though you're a completist, You just CAN'T bring yourself to buy this movie.

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
You should give them both another run, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I agree. The second Blair Witch is better than the first, and Terminator Salvation is at least as good as the third.

To the OP's question: My OCD compels me to me a completest with many film series, and there will never be a film that I won't buy to complete them. But luckily for me, I'm very patient and will wait until "almost unwanted" films are $3 or so.
Old 01-25-12, 03:55 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Re: Even though you're a completist, You just CAN'T bring yourself to buy this movie.

Originally Posted by dillkid View Post
I loved The Silence Of The Lambs and Hannibal, Hannibal Rising was pretty good as well. But no way am I spending money on the monstrosity that is Red Dragon.
You're missing the best film of that series, Manhunter.
Old 01-25-12, 04:27 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
You're missing the best film of that series, Manhunter.
Don't you mean To Live and Die in Robocop? I didn't care much for it. As far as that series goes, the ONLY one I own is Lambs. The rest are for the birds IMHO.
Old 01-29-12, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The first reference is obvious, but where did you get Robocop from?
Old 01-29-12, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather View Post
The only DTV American Pie movie that is anywhere near as good as the originals is Band Camp. I'm not saying it's a good movie, because it's not. But it's far above the other DTVs.

I feel the same about the post series Munsters movies. It's just not the same without the original people.

I agree about the Blair Witch 2. The first one is a classic, but the second one is just horrible in every conceivable way.
There seems to be a divergence here. There's a difference IMO between being part of the franchise (like Back to the Future 2/3 or Indiana jones 4) and stuff like the DTV American Pie movies which are largely (if not entirely) new properties that are coasting on the brand name of a previous product.

As such I have Babe: Pig in the City despite not enjoying it nearly as much as the first.

I have Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Star Trek V despite enjoying the rest much more.

I don't have The Arrival 2 since without at least Charlie Sheen and most of all the great writer/director behind the first one it's just a bastard film leeching of the good name of the first.
Old 01-30-12, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Godfather III. I gave it away so it wouldn't tarnish my collection.

Prequels of Star Wars. The original trilogy is good though.

Nightmare On Elm Street ended after 3.

Terminator, T2, and the Sarah Connor Chronicles are the only ones I own. I won't acknowledge any other installment in the story.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom were great. The Last Crusade I threw away.

Blade Trinity didn't even buy.