DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Please Help!!! I can't find original packaging of DVD anywhere... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/597928-please-help-i-cant-find-original-packaging-dvd-anywhere.html)

Grayson. 01-08-12 10:14 PM

Please Help!!! I can't find original packaging of DVD anywhere...

I want Desperate Housewives Season 2 original box set on DVD (not the slimline). I called every store in my area and they can't find it or order it for me. I looked online and I can find the DVD itself but there is no distinguishing. The original distributor, Buena Vista Home Entertainment, has a phone number, which I can call tomorrow.

What should I ask them? Will they be willing to send me the right DVD?

Nobody is very accommodating about the Box Set but I REALLY want it.

What should I do?

People who respond to me don't know what a favor you're doing when you respond to me with help or even share my concern, so thank you so much!

DouglasRobert 01-09-12 12:48 AM

Re: Please Help!!! I can't find original packaging of DVD anywhere...

Studios change re-package dvd releases all the time, so it's going to be basically impossible to find it brand new at a store like Walmart or Best Buy.

Your best bet is to find a used copy somewhere, perhaps like Disc Replay.
Condition will likely not be the best and you'll have to buy the discs too, but that I think is your best bet.

Grayson. 01-09-12 02:24 PM

Should I call BVHE though?

Trevor 01-09-12 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Grayson. (Post 11069811)
Should I call BVHE though?

Can't hurt to try. Time it took you to ask you could have called.

tecHouse 01-09-12 03:33 PM

search on ebay, read descriptions and contact sellers. you will most likely have to buy the entire set including discs again though.

Grayson. 01-09-12 05:08 PM

Called them and they're sending me a brand new one straight from the factory! $60 later though.

DonnachaOne 01-09-12 05:21 PM

Grayson, I'm glad this was resolved for you, but I am curious - why was it so important to have this specific box set?

Grayson. 01-09-12 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne (Post 11069981)
Grayson, I'm glad this was resolved for you, but I am curious - why was it so important to have this specific box set?

It's pretty and high quality. It also matches my other box sets. I'm weird. I know. But I'd love to have all the DH seasons from the original release as its ending soon.

adrenaline78 01-09-12 07:15 PM

but 60$?? you could have bought it 5 times over with the discs off of amazon. It wouldn't have been much of a stretch to message the marketplace sellers asking if they had the fat package.

Pizza 01-11-12 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Grayson. (Post 11069965)
Called them and they're sending me a brand new one straight from the factory! $60 later though.

Good job! I'm glad you were able to find you box set. That was only going to get harder the longer you waited.

tecHouse 01-11-12 12:58 PM

wow.. $60... i guess as long as you're satisfied that's all that matters.

flansered 01-13-12 08:25 AM

I am willing to bet that BV is going to send him the slimline set. Seriously, you probably could of bought 2 or 3 used copies of it from Moviestop for that price.

tecHouse 01-13-12 01:38 PM

Come to think of it, i actually have the original season 2 box ...

podge2980 01-14-12 03:47 PM

Can I please ask what the new packaging is like? Does it match the season 6 and 7 box sets or is it different? I'm looking to purchase a few from amazon as I'm not happy with the quality of my sets after all these years.