DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Harold Lloyd Collection (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/597264-harold-lloyd-collection.html)

dex14 12-11-11 05:29 PM

Harold Lloyd Collection

I'm late to the game on this...

Looks like this set is now OOP. I had heard maybe Kino or Criterion could possibly pick up the rights? Anybody know whats going on with it? I'd like to get some info before I try and track down a copy.

manicsounds 12-11-11 08:16 PM

Re: Harold Lloyd Collection

Well, you can still get the Studio Canal version from the UK for a lower price, with all the extras, plus a few additional films as well.

dex14 12-11-11 08:57 PM

A good option...but I dont have a Region Free dvd player

Trevor 12-12-11 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 11038907)
A good option...but I dont have a Region Free dvd player

Best $30 I ever spent was a Philipps region-free player last year.

dvdjunkie32 12-12-11 04:26 PM

Dang, selling on Amz Marketplace for $159. Some good coin in these OOP sets.

dex14 12-12-11 06:18 PM

I found a copy on ebay for $70... I was holding off til January to use my ebay bucks...but it looks like these things are scarce. 2 days ago on Amazon there were a few copies for $60...and then they were gone like that. I figured it was best to get it at that price before I couldnt get it at all.

I know a big thing is region free DVDs..but its not really my thing.

manicsounds 12-12-11 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 11040012)
I found a copy on ebay for $70... I was holding off til January to use my ebay bucks...but it looks like these things are scarce. 2 days ago on Amazon there were a few copies for $60...and then they were gone like that. I figured it was best to get it at that price before I couldnt get it at all.

Xenophobic, are ya?

clckworang 12-12-11 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 11040012)

It's not your thing to be able to import a movie you really want if it doesn't have a U.S. release?

dex14 12-12-11 10:13 PM

LOL. Yea..Idk. I've just never gotten into collecting imports. I've never really had the need to.

Mr. Salty 12-12-11 11:53 PM

It's not about collecting. It's just the ability to buy a title you want, regardless of where it was released.

clckworang 12-13-11 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty (Post 11040430)
It's not about collecting. It's just the ability to buy a title you want, regardless of where it was released.

Exactly. It's not like you're going to be required to start a collection of imported discs if you buy a cheap all-region player.

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 11040304)
LOL. Yea..Idk. I've just never gotten into collecting imports. I've never really had the need to.

:lol: Yet, here you are asking about a DVD that you want that is now OOP and expensive in the U.S. and readily available in the UK. But the decision is obviously yours. I'm just happy I already own this set. I didn't realize it went OOP.

dex14 12-13-11 11:39 AM

OK...Yes, that set is readily available in the UK, but I don't want a UK import. Like I said.. I dont have a region free player. I dont have an urge to purchase imports. This was one item I was curious if anyone had any info on future releases. None of this really has to do with my question. MODs you can close this.

Giles 12-13-11 10:03 PM

I'm just annoyed that my video collection is all over the house and I tried to find the Collection last month (for the Comedy Challenge) and I have no idea where it is??

manicsounds 01-20-12 03:49 AM

Well, I procrastinated buying this set, but finally decided on it and got the UK 9-disc set for £7.08. Gladly done. In addition to having all the extras and movies from the US New Line DVD set, it also includes 1 extra film as well. And right on time. Seems like the UK set is out of print as well....

Giles 01-20-12 10:12 AM

^ and? ... what's the 1 extra film?

Damfino 01-20-12 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Giles (Post 11083192)
^ and? ... what's the 1 extra film?

That would be Welcome Danger which was inexplicably excluded from the R1 set.

manicsounds 01-20-12 05:30 PM

"Welcome Danger" (1929), his first sound film

gjamesm 02-22-12 05:59 PM

Grabbed last copy from Amazon.ca for $89.95.