DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Olive: 32 classics in new wave of Paramount (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/596475-olive-32-classics-new-wave-paramount.html)

JerryKILL 11-16-11 11:35 PM

Olive: 32 classics in new wave of Paramount

Via ClassicFlix

ALPHABETICAL LISTING:

Assault on the Queen (1966) – Frank Sinatra, Virna Lisi, Anthony Franciosa, Richard Conte

Boeing Boeing (1965) – Tony Curtis, Jerry Lewis

The Buccaneer (1958) – Yul Brynner, Claire Bloom, Charles Boyer, Inger Stevens, dir. Anthony Quinn

The Buccaneer (1938) – Fredric March, Walter Brennan, Akim Tamiroff, Anthony Quinn, dir. by Cecil B. Demille

Captain Carey, U.S.A. (1950) – Alan Ladd, Wanda Hendrix, Francis Lederer, Joseph Calleia

Come Blow Your Horn (1963) – Frank Sinatra, Lee J. Cobb

Denver and the Rio Grande (1952) – Edmond O’Brein, Sterling Hayden, Dean Jagger, J. Carrol Naish, Zasu Pitts

The Geisha Boy (1958) – Jerry Lewis

The Hangman (1959) – Robert Taylor, Tina Louise, Fess Parker, Jack Lord, dir. Michael Curtiz

It's Only Money (1962) – Jerry Lewis

The Jayhawkers (1959) – Jeff Chandler, Fess Parker

The Lawless (1950) – Macdonald Carey, Gail Russell, dir. Joseph Losey

Man-Trap (1961) – Jeffrey Hunter, David Janssen, Stella Stevens

My Son John (1952) – Helen Hayes, Van Heflin, Dean Jagger, Robert Walker, dir. by Leo McCarey

The Night of the Grizzly (1966) – Clint Walker, Martha Hyer, Keenan Wynn, Jack Elam

No Man of Her Own (1950) – Barbara Stanwyck

Pony Express (1953) – Charlton Heston, Rhonda Fleming, Jan Sterling, Forrest Tucker

The Proud and the Profane (1956) – William Holden, Deborah Kerr, Thelma Ritter

Rock-a-Bye-Baby (1958) – Jerry Lewis

Run for Cover (1955) – James Cagney, Viceca Lindfors, John Derek, Jean Hersholt, Ernest Borgnine, dir. by Nicholas Ray

The Savage (1952) – Charlton Heston

The Savage Innocents (1960) – Anthony Quinn, Peter O’Toole

Silver City (1951) – Edmond O’Brien, Yvonne De Carlo, Richard Arlen, Barry Fitzgerald, Gladys George

The Slender Thread (1965) – Sidney Poitier, Anne Bancroft, Telly Savalas

Something to Live For (1952) – Joan Fontaine, Ray Milland, Teresa Wright

The Spirit is Willing (1967) – Sid Caesar, Vera Miles

Too Late Blues (1961) – Bobby Darin, Stella Stevens

The Trap (1959) – Richard Widmark, Lee J. Cobb, Tina Louise, Earl Holliman, Lorne Greene

The Turning Point (1952) – William Holden, Edmond O’Brien, Alexis Smith

Warpath (1951) – Edmond O’Brien, Dean Jagger, Forrest Tucker, Harry
Carey Jr., Polly Bergen, Wallace Ford

Who's Minding the Store (1963) – Jerry Lewis

Who's Got the Action (1962) – Dean Martin, Lana Turner, Eddie Albert, Walter Matthau, Paul Ford

thursdaynighter 11-16-11 11:49 PM

Re: Olive: 32 classics in new wave of Paramount

So happy about both of the Buccaneers!

Pizza 11-17-11 12:02 AM

I'll get all of the Lewis features, especially Rock-a-Bye-Baby. I never thought that would see the light of day.

g 11-17-11 12:13 AM

There are definitely some good titles here. I wish they would set a release date for Fedora. There is supposed to be a DVD and Blu-ray forthcoming.

Chet Desmond 11-17-11 06:22 AM

The Spirit is Willing! Finally!

mike7162 11-17-11 03:53 PM

Good stuff. Nice to see someone still flying the pressed dvd banner! I'm in for the Lewis' and a few others.

Ish Kabbible 11-17-11 06:18 PM

looking forward to about half dozen titles, especially Jerry Lewis pre-1963

rmw650 11-17-11 07:12 PM

Going after the Jerry Lewis titles as well.

Guru Askew 11-25-11 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by mike7162 (Post 11008793)
Good stuff. Nice to see someone still flying the pressed dvd banner! I'm in for the Lewis' and a few others.

The fact that the data side of a now-inferior format* is not blue is cause for celebration when WB, Universal and Sony have released significantly more titles via MOD?

The first wave was announced in February of 2010 and came out 5 months later. Assuming these are coming 5 months from now you can celebrate the fact that it's taken Olive nearly two years to release 60 Paramount titles. Hooray!

*Edit: releasing some of these on Blu is one advantage to DVD-only MOD.

Pizza 11-25-11 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Guru Askew (Post 11018857)
The fact that the data side of a now-inferior format* is not blue is cause for celebration when WB, Universal and Sony have released significantly more titles via MOD?

The first wave was announced in February of 2010 and came out 5 months later. Assuming these are coming 5 months from now you can celebrate the fact that it's taken Olive nearly two years to release 60 Paramount titles. Hooray!

*Edit: releasing some of these on Blu is one advantage to DVD-only MOD.

Blu-ray would be nice too but i'll take the "now-inferior format" over MODs any day. I'll be picking up a bunch of these as there are some very nice titles. As I stated in a previous post, I'm especially glad to see Rock-a-Bye-Baby finally see release. Thank you Olive!