Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

What happened to Digiview?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-09, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened to Digiview?

I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to Digiview Entertainment. The company that made those $1 DVDs that Walmart carried?

My Walmart pulled all of them quite some time ago and Dollar Tree just has all the old ones.

Their website just links to another company.
digiviewus.com
Old 12-24-11, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Re: What happened to Digiview?

Looks like they're out of business, and deservedly so. I just watched their Christmas Evil disc and it was cut to pieces. The opening credits are gone, and the scene that got Santa so messed up in the first place was cut completely- looks like a cut for TV copy.
Old 12-27-11, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DouglasRobert: you must be collect Digiview DVD?

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Looks like they're out of business, and deservedly so. I just watched their Christmas Evil disc and it was cut to pieces. The opening credits are gone, and the scene that got Santa so messed up in the first place was cut completely- looks like a cut for TV copy.
^ my brother own The Lucy Show (but not anymore I think) it cut off open/end credit. and also My "former" owned Rescue from Gillian's Island Digiview DVD does cut open and the end credit but I got another copy by Westlake DVD does with open/end credit. Plus also still owned Digiview DVD of The Bodyguard with starring by Sonny Chiba... Digiview put blur nudity in DVD WTF!...I got another copy published by Dollar DVD it does nudity in it.
Old 01-01-12, 01:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In October 2008, Warner Bros. sued Digiview because some of their DVDs infringed on some DVD patents that Warner Bros. owned.

http://www.thomashubbard.net/blog/bu...ew-productions

On this site (Just click on the "x" in the coner of the "free trial" window that pops up to see the page.):

http://www.law360.com/ip/articles/71...er-dvd-patents

The page says "The patents describe an invention that lets a DVD hold multiple language versions of a film". I think Digiview's DVD of Rites Of Passage
has this because it has deleted scenes with 2 audio tracks (the scenes' audio and audio commentary).

From the looks of the .pdf on this site:

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/...6477/427133/12

Warner Bros. lost the case, but I guess Digiview couldn't afford to make more DVDs after this.

Bummer. I liked Digiview. I think I have over 120 of their DVDs.