DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release and Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by iStylez
Contagion got moved to either 12/20 or 1/17?
From what I know, Dolphin Tale and Contagion are both releasing on 12/20 and any news of either of them getting Friday releases never came to pass.
Old 10-30-11, 04:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok im confused,

Best Buy is advertising Begginers and Devil's double for this tuesday, it's in there weekly ad. did the dates on these get moved up. i dont care either way. but i would like some clarification
Old 10-31-11, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by mvieguy
ok im confused,

Best Buy is advertising Begginers and Devil's double for this tuesday, it's in there weekly ad. did the dates on these get moved up. i dont care either way. but i would like some clarification

I think the same thing happened with splice but it was advertising it for dvd on 10/12/10 when it was released 10/5/10 i think. sometimes theres mix-ups. and isnt Begginers And The devils double out on 11/22?
Old 10-31-11, 10:30 AM

i wonder when puss in boots, in time, three musketeers, the thing will get released on dvd.
Old 10-31-11, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by iStylez
i wonder when puss in boots, in time, three musketeers, the thing will get released on dvd.
judging on trends

Puss - Late Feb
In Time - Mid Feb
3 musketeers - Early Mar
The Thing - Mid Feb
Old 11-01-11, 08:36 PM

ok im confused,

I noticed this and went into Best Buy today and they had Beginners on dvd/bluray but no Devils Double. I didn't have time to ask if it was a mistake on Devils Double.
Old 11-02-11, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by dugnarug
I noticed this and went into Best Buy today and they had Beginners on dvd/bluray but no Devils Double. I didn't have time to ask if it was a mistake on Devils Double.
yea i was there yesterday picking up my crazy stupid love and water for elephants

Beginngers did infact street this week at Best Buy, however they had a piece of paper attached to their New Release shipper (which i hate btw) and it said "due to circumstantaces beyond our control, the advertised dvd of Devil's double was incorrectly listed as 11/1, when in fact its 11/22" or something along those lines.

happy about Beginners though, means the next two weeks are easy on my wallet, with Change Up tuesday, Potter next Friday, and Larry Crowne the following tuesday again. leaving the four dvds of Conan, devils double, spy kids 4 and Super 8 for the week before thanksgiving.

however, the real pisser is the week after. this is when i have to start budgeting myself. lol 30 mins or less, another earth, the art of getting by, one day, and our idiot brother all on tuesday and then Smurfs and Friends with Benefits on friday, grrrrrr. i might have to cut out the smaller films during the holidays and pick them up after christmas on Amazon or go hastings for cheap. so i guess, i will stick to our idiot brother, one day and 30 minutes or less for that tuesday, still pick up friends and smurfs on friday.

but then in december, wait until after christmas for art of getting by, another earth, the debt, midnight in paris, straw dogs, and probably the tempest.

with december being done, its gonna be a harsh holiday season on my wallet for both my collection and buying gifts, lol
Old 11-02-11, 08:35 AM

yea i was there yesterday picking up my crazy stupid love and water for elephants

Beginngers did infact street this week at Best Buy, however they had a piece of paper attached to their New Release shipper (which i hate btw) and it said "due to circumstantaces beyond our control, the advertised dvd of Devil's double was incorrectly listed as 11/1, when in fact its 11/22" or something along those lines.

happy about Beginners though, means the next two weeks are easy on my wallet, with Change Up tuesday, Potter next Friday, and Larry Crowne the following tuesday again. leaving the four dvds of Conan, devils double, spy kids 4 and Super 8 for the week before thanksgiving.

however, the real pisser is the week after. this is when i have to start budgeting myself. lol 30 mins or less, another earth, the art of getting by, one day, and our idiot brother all on tuesday and then Smurfs and Friends with Benefits on friday, grrrrrr. i might have to cut out the smaller films during the holidays and pick them up after christmas on Amazon or go hastings for cheap. so i guess, i will stick to our idiot brother, one day and 30 minutes or less for that tuesday, still pick up friends and smurfs on friday.

but then in december, wait until after christmas for art of getting by, another earth, the debt, midnight in paris, straw dogs, and probably the tempest.

with december being done, its gonna be a harsh holiday season on my wallet for both my collection and buying gifts, lol
Old 11-02-11, 08:40 AM

Mvieguy,do you just buy dvds,also I cut a lot for buying movies for next 2 months,water for elephants bluray,change up dvd,super 8 dvd,fright night blu ray,smurfs blu ray,friends with beneifts dvd,final 5 dvd,also rocketeer blu ray,also scrooged blu ray
Old 11-02-11, 09:27 AM

Well i bought crazy stupid love yesterday and i must say.. its very good. now im waiting for the change-up, 30 minutes or less, our idoit brother, friends with benefits, hangover part 2, contagion, straw dogs so the holidays will be very busy for me. plus january will be busy shopping for dvds as well for moneyball, ides of march, drive so its exciting
Old 11-02-11, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

any update if the dec. 20th contagion date will still stick?
Old 11-02-11, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by mooovies
Mvieguy,do you just buy dvds,also I cut a lot for buying movies for next 2 months,water for elephants bluray,change up dvd,super 8 dvd,fright night blu ray,smurfs blu ray,friends with beneifts dvd,final 5 dvd,also rocketeer blu ray,also scrooged blu ray
depends on the movie really, Comedys, normal Dramas, Horror, suspense, usually normal DVD, Event movies, Sci Fi, Action/Adventure, Pixar, Disney, and Epic Dramas, usually more Blu Ray