Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Old 09-13-11, 06:02 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/3

Originally Posted by jacob_b
So what are some of your favorite horror films/must watch in October movies?
My usual must-sees are Halloween and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
Old 09-13-11, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 625 Likes on 459 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 7th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/3

From Universal:
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Dracula
The Wolfman
The Mummy
Creature from the Black Lagoon

From Hammer:
Horror of Dracula
The Curse of Frankenstein
Horror of Dracula
The Gorgon

Others:
Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness
Fright Night
The City of the Dead
Donovan's Brain
"X" The Man with X-Ray Eyes

And that's not definitive as the list can easily change depending on mood, but those are horror films I tend to watch at least once a year, typically in October.
Old 09-13-11, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

I am a horror fanatic, so my list could be extensive. However, these are the absolute mandatory viewings:

Night of the Living Dead (the 1968 original, although I enjoy the 1990 remake as well)
Trick 'R' Treat
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Paul Lynde Halloween Special
Phantom of the Paradise
Freaks
Little Shop of Horrors
(the musical)
[*REC]
Below
Fright Night
The Legend of Hell House
Hocus Pocus
The Exorcist
Curse of the Demon
The Devil Rides Out

Last edited by Gobear; 09-14-11 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-13-11, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few favorites:

Alligator
Carnival of Souls
Cat People
(1942)
I Walked with a Zombie
Curse of the Demon
Night of the Eagle
The Mummy
(1932)
A Nightmare on Elm St.
Vampyr
The Howling
Fright Night
Let's Scare Jessica to Death
Black Sunday
Martin
Psycho
Phantasm
Old 09-13-11, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts

Come October my thoughts always drift to Something Wicked This Way Comes.
Old 09-13-11, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Seems like Fright Night is a big winner as well as the new Trick 'R Treat. Very shocking. I, for one, always need to watch House of 1000 Corpses. Love that movie.
Old 09-13-11, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
Come October my thoughts always drift to Something Wicked This Way Comes.
That's a great film. I loved it when I was a kid and hadn't seen it in years, then revisited it for the Challenge a couple of years ago and thought it held up wonderfully. I wish Disney would put out a Blu-ray.
Old 09-13-11, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

A few people listed Curse of the Demon as essential viewing... I have that on my list but wonder which version is preferred. I understand Curse of the Demon is the shorter 82 minute version of the two cuts with the UK version, Night of the Demon, being 95 minutes... is the truncated Curse of the Demon version really better?
Old 09-13-11, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
A few people listed Curse of the Demon as essential viewing... I have that on my list but wonder which version is preferred. I understand Curse of the Demon is the shorter 82 minute version of the two cuts with the UK version, Night of the Demon, being 95 minutes... is the truncated Curse of the Demon version really better?
I'd like to know this as well, as it is on my first time viewing list.
Old 09-13-11, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Chad just posted this in the 2010 thread... I'm reposting.

Originally Posted by Chad
After accidentally deleting the final two hours worth of work ...here's the pain in the ass known as Theme Nights:

T
H
E
M
E

N
I
G
H
T
S

55 LINKS OF SUB-GENRES & BEYOND

2009 LIST | 2010 LIST

= Theme Syncs with 31 Films Subset Selection

OBVIOUS ALERT: Some links don't contain a complete listing of all films from that specific sub-genre and/or are outside the horror genre altogether.

DATE
THEME
EXAMPLES
Saturday, October 1st Don't Drink the Kool-Aid! - Cult Horror Films, 2, 3 Tormented, Bubba Ho-Tep, Freaks, Humanoids from the Deep
Sunday, October 2nd Down With the Sickness - Infection / Epidemic / Viral Rabid, 28 Days Later, I Drink Your Blood, The Crazies, Shivers
Monday, October 3rd One Good Ripoff Deserves Another - JawsSploitation Piranha, Grizzly, Great White, Alligator, Mako: Jaws of Death
Tuesday, October 4th Dawn of the Disco - 1970s Horror Cinema, 2 The Wicker Man, Phantasm, Let's Scare Jessica to Death
Wednesday, October 5th Inside Them Faceless Frontiers - French Horror Films, 2 Eyes Without a Face, The Pack, The Horde, Lips of Blood
Thursday, October 6th Condemned to VHS Hell! - Video Nasties Driller Killer, Madhouse, Dead & Buried, Possession, Xtro, Snuff
Friday, October 7th Bloody Tea & Crumpets - Hammer / Amicus / Ealing / Black and Blue Demons of the Mind, Torture Garden, Elfie Hopkins, Crescendo
Saturday, October 8th Supercharged Zombie Go Boom! - Action Horror Maniac Cop, Vampires, Resident Evil, Dog Soldiers, The Thing
Sunday, October 9th The Asian Buffet of Tantalizing Terrors! - Korean / Thai
J-Horror / Indian / Chinese / Philippine / Indonesian
I Saw the Devil, The Coffin, Darah, Ouija, Rampo Noir, Diary
Marebito, Raaz, Ebola Syndrome, Faithless Hell, Kuntilanak
Monday, October 10th Passport to Bloodcurdling Terror - BFI's 100 European Horror Films Anguish, Buio Omega, Diabolique, The Golem, Possession
Tuesday, October 11th Full Moon Madness - Werewolves (Full Moon Occurs 9:07 PM EST) Bad Moon, Cry of the Werewolf, Ginger Snaps, The Howling
Wednesday, October 12th Hail to the King, Baby! - Cinema Inspired by Stephen King Salem's Lot, Misery, Firestarter, The Mist, It, Children of the Corn
Thusday, October 13th Don't Go Lookin' for Trouble. Trouble will Find You. - Found Footage TrollHunter, [Rec], Grave Encounters, Cannibal Holocaust
Friday, October 14th Oozing Ectoplasm Euphoria - Supernatural / Haunted House / Ghost The Lady in White, Insidious, The Innocents, The Others
Saturday, October 15th Meat's Meat, and a Man's Gotta Eat - Comedy / Spoof Horror Films, 2, 3 The Comedy of Terrors, Hausu, Frankenhooker, Terror Firmer
Sunday, October 16th Bavas, Argentos and Fulcis, Oh My! - Italian Horror Films, 2 Dellamorte Dellamore, Torso, Twitch of the Death Nerve
Monday, October 17th Once, Twice, Three Times the Lacerations - Horror Anthologies Nightmares, From Beyond the Grave, Kaidan, Body Bags
Tuesday, October 18th Human. It's What's for Dinner - Cannibalism, 2 Zombie Holocaust, Emanuelle & the Last Cannibals, Eaten Alive!
Wednesday, October 19th It's the End of the World As We Know It - Apocalyptic Horror, 2 The Last Man on Earth, Hardware, 28 Days Later, The Mist
Thursday, October 20th A Reel Cinematic Suckfest! - Vampire Films (Happy B-day, Bela) Stake Land, Let the Right One In, Daybreakers, Lemora
Friday, October 21st It Slices, Dices & Guts You Like a Fish - Slashers, 2 / Giallos / Serial Killers The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh, Deranged, Eyeball, Pieces
Saturday, October 22nd Mausoleum Mayhem, Gangrene Brainstem! - Zombie Films, 2 The Dead Matter, The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
Sunday, October 23rd Atmosphere, Castles and Fog Machines - Gothic Horror The Fog, Black Sunday, The Uninvited, House of Dark Shadows
Monday, October 24th The Freaks Come Out at Night - Mutants Galaxy of Terror, Humongous, Night of the Bloody Apes,
Tuesday, October 25th 100 Years of the Master of the Macabre - Vincent Price Filmography Witchfinder General, The Bat, The Abominable Dr. Phibes
Wednesday, October 26th eXtReMeLy Disturbing Depravity - Splatter / Gore August Underground, Dead Alive, Nekromantik, Violent Shit
Thursday, October 27th Freudian Fragments and Monster Mindfucks - Psychological Horror Session 9, Repulsion, The Bad Seed, The Ward, Angel Heart, Pin
Friday, October 28th That Sly Come-Hither Stare - Witchcraft Viy, Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages, Suspiria, The Uncanny
Saturday, October 29th Mass Marathon of the Damned 2: Electric Chainsaw Blues 1. Brew Some Coffee. 2. Abandon Sleep. 3. Watch Whatever.
Sunday, October 30th The Demented Debauchery of Devil's Night - Demonic Possession / Satanic Alucarda, Prince of Darkness, The Black Cat, Night of the Demon
Monday, October 31st All Hallows Eve Hellfest - Halloween Related Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Hell Night, Idle Hands
Copy & Paste Into Your List:
Spoiler:
--- 10/01: Don't Drink the Kool-Aid! - Cult Horror Films -
--- 10/02: Down with the Sickness - Infection / Epidemic / Viral -
--- 10/03: One Good Ripoff Deserves Another - JawsSploitation -
--- 10/04: Dawn of the Disco - 1970s Horror Cinema -
--- 10/05: Inside Them Faceless Frontiers - French Horror Films -
--- 10/06: Condemned to VHS Hell! - Video Nasties -
--- 10/07: Bloody Tea & Crumpets - Hammer / Amicus / Ealing / Black and Blue -
--- 10/08: Supercharged Zombie Go Boom! - Action Horror -
--- 10/09: The Asian Buffet of Tantalizing Terrors! - Korean / Thai / J-Horror / Indian / Chinese / Philippine / Indonesian -
--- 10/10: Passport to Bloodcurdling Terror! - BFI's 100 European Horror Films -
--- 10/11: Full Moon Madness - Werewolves -
--- 10/12: Hail to the King, Baby! - Cinema Inspired by Stephen King -
--- 10/13: Don't Go Lookin' for Trouble. Trouble will Find You. - Found Footage -
--- 10/14: Oozing Ectoplasm Euphoria - Supernatural / Haunted House / Ghost -
--- 10/15: Meat's Meat, and a Man's Gotta Eat - Comedy / Spoof Horror Films -
--- 10/16: Bavas, Argentos and Fulcis, Oh My! - Italian Horror Films -
--- 10/17: Once, Twice, Three Times the Lacerations - Horror Anthologies -
--- 10/18: Human. It's What's for Dinner - Cannibalism -
--- 10/19: It's the End of the World As We Know It - Apocalyptic Horror -
--- 10/20: A Reel Cinematic Suckfest! - Vampire Films -
--- 10/21: It Slices, Dices & Guts You Like a Fish - Slashers / Giallos / Serial Killers -
--- 10/22: Mausoleum Mayhem, Gangrene Brainstem! - Zombie Films -
--- 10/23: Atmosphere, Castles and Fog Machines - Gothic Horror -
--- 10/24: The Freaks Come Out at Night - Mutants -
--- 10/25: 100 Years of the Master of the Macabre - Vincent Price Filmography -
--- 10/26: eXtReMeLy Disturbing Depravity - Splatter / Gore -
--- 10/27: Freudian Fragments and Monster Mindfucks - Psychological Horror -
--- 10/28: That Sly Come-Hither Stare - Witchcraft -
--- 10/29: Mass Marathon of the Damned 2: Electric Chainsaw Blues -
--- 10/30: The Demented Debauchery of Devil's Night - Demonic Possession / Satanic -
--- 10/31: All Hallows Eve Hellfest - Halloween Related -

Again, feedback welcome. A bunch of new categories / sub-genres have been added in addition to new links for the returning ones that have been shuffled around. And, as always, there's a few permanent fixtures that aren't going anywhere. Even if you don't participate it's worth checking out just for the links alone.

And in case you missed it on the first post, completing either the theme nights list, the subset list or the checklist is now a prize category. Any one of the three.

Speaking of the subset list, we'll get that started soon. Preferably tomorrow night. I just wanted to give everyone some time to think about their pick(s). Don't forget we're attempting to sync it up with the theme nights categories.

Coming Soon: The 31 Film Subset and sponsor offerings
Old 09-13-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Isn't this the 2010 thread?
It's been one of those days.

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Chad just posted this in the 2010 thread... I'm reposting.
Thanks, Seth.

I'm gonna attempt to post this in the right thread in case there's any altercations to make:

T
H
E
M
E

N
I
G
H
T
S

55 LINKS OF SUB-GENRES & BEYOND

2009 LIST | 2010 LIST

= Theme Syncs with 31 Films Subset Selection

OBVIOUS ALERT: Some links don't contain a complete listing of all films from that specific sub-genre and/or are outside the horror genre altogether.

DATE
THEME
EXAMPLES
Saturday, October 1st Don't Drink the Kool-Aid! - Cult Horror Films, 2, 3 Tormented, Bubba Ho-Tep, Freaks, Humanoids from the Deep
Sunday, October 2nd Down With the Sickness - Infection / Epidemic / Viral Rabid, 28 Days Later, I Drink Your Blood, The Crazies, Shivers
Monday, October 3rd One Good Ripoff Deserves Another - JawsSploitation Piranha, Grizzly, Great White, Alligator, Mako: Jaws of Death
Tuesday, October 4th Dawn of the Disco - 1970s Horror Cinema, 2 The Wicker Man, Phantasm, Let's Scare Jessica to Death
Wednesday, October 5th Inside Them Faceless Frontiers - French Horror Films, 2 Eyes Without a Face, The Pack, The Horde, Lips of Blood
Thursday, October 6th Condemned to VHS Hell! - Video Nasties Driller Killer, Madhouse, Dead & Buried, Possession, Xtro, Snuff
Friday, October 7th Bloody Tea & Crumpets - Hammer / Amicus / Ealing / Black and Blue Demons of the Mind, Torture Garden, Elfie Hopkins, Crescendo
Saturday, October 8th Supercharged Zombie Go Boom! - Action Horror Maniac Cop, Vampires, Resident Evil, Dog Soldiers, The Thing
Sunday, October 9th The Asian Buffet of Tantalizing Terrors! - Korean / Thai
J-Horror / Indian / Chinese / Philippine / Indonesian
I Saw the Devil, The Coffin, Darah, Ouija, Rampo Noir, Diary
Marebito, Raaz, Ebola Syndrome, Faithless Hell, Kuntilanak
Monday, October 10th Passport to Bloodcurdling Terror - BFI's 100 European Horror Films Anguish, Buio Omega, Diabolique, The Golem, Possession
Tuesday, October 11th Full Moon Madness - Werewolves (Full Moon Occurs 9:07 PM EST) Bad Moon, Cry of the Werewolf, Ginger Snaps, The Howling
Wednesday, October 12th Hail to the King, Baby! - Cinema Inspired by Stephen King Salem's Lot, Misery, Firestarter, The Mist, It, Children of the Corn
Thusday, October 13th Don't Go Lookin' for Trouble. Trouble will Find You. - Found Footage TrollHunter, [Rec], Grave Encounters, Cannibal Holocaust
Friday, October 14th Oozing Ectoplasm Euphoria - Supernatural / Haunted House / Ghost The Lady in White, Insidious, The Innocents, The Others
Saturday, October 15th Meat's Meat, and a Man's Gotta Eat - Comedy / Spoof Horror Films, 2, 3 The Comedy of Terrors, Hausu, Frankenhooker, Terror Firmer
Sunday, October 16th Bavas, Argentos and Fulcis, Oh My! - Italian Horror Films, 2 Dellamorte Dellamore, Torso, Twitch of the Death Nerve
Monday, October 17th Once, Twice, Three Times the Lacerations - Horror Anthologies Nightmares, From Beyond the Grave, Kaidan, Body Bags
Tuesday, October 18th Human. It's What's for Dinner - Cannibalism, 2 Zombie Holocaust, Emanuelle & the Last Cannibals, Eaten Alive!
Wednesday, October 19th It's the End of the World As We Know It - Apocalyptic Horror, 2 The Last Man on Earth, Hardware, 28 Days Later, The Mist
Thursday, October 20th A Reel Cinematic Suckfest! - Vampire Films (Happy B-day, Bela) Stake Land, Let the Right One In, Daybreakers, Lemora
Friday, October 21st It Slices, Dices & Guts You Like a Fish - Slashers, 2 / Giallos / Serial Killers The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh, Deranged, Eyeball, Pieces
Saturday, October 22nd Mausoleum Mayhem, Gangrene Brainstem! - Zombie Films, 2 The Dead Matter, The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
Sunday, October 23rd Atmosphere, Castles and Fog Machines - Gothic Horror The Fog, Black Sunday, The Uninvited, House of Dark Shadows
Monday, October 24th The Freaks Come Out at Night - Mutants Galaxy of Terror, Humongous, Night of the Bloody Apes,
Tuesday, October 25th 100 Years of the Master of the Macabre - Vincent Price Filmography Witchfinder General, The Bat, The Abominable Dr. Phibes
Wednesday, October 26th eXtReMeLy Disturbing Depravity - Splatter / Gore August Underground, Dead Alive, Nekromantik, Violent Shit
Thursday, October 27th Freudian Fragments and Monster Mindfucks - Psychological Horror Session 9, Repulsion, The Bad Seed, The Ward, Angel Heart, Pin
Friday, October 28th That Sly Come-Hither Stare - Witchcraft Viy, Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages, Suspiria, The Uncanny
Saturday, October 29th Mass Marathon of the Damned 2: Electric Chainsaw Blues 1. Brew Some Coffee. 2. Abandon Sleep. 3. Watch Whatever.
Sunday, October 30th The Demented Debauchery of Devil's Night - Demonic Possession / Satanic Alucarda, Prince of Darkness, The Black Cat, Night of the Demon
Monday, October 31st All Hallows Eve Hellfest - Halloween Related Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Hell Night, Idle Hands
Copy & Paste Into Your List:
Spoiler:
--- 10/01: Don't Drink the Kool-Aid! - Cult Horror Films -
--- 10/02: Down with the Sickness - Infection / Epidemic / Viral -
--- 10/03: One Good Ripoff Deserves Another - JawsSploitation -
--- 10/04: Dawn of the Disco - 1970s Horror Cinema -
--- 10/05: Inside Them Faceless Frontiers - French Horror Films -
--- 10/06: Condemned to VHS Hell! - Video Nasties -
--- 10/07: Bloody Tea & Crumpets - Hammer / Amicus / Ealing / Black and Blue -
--- 10/08: Supercharged Zombie Go Boom! - Action Horror -
--- 10/09: The Asian Buffet of Tantalizing Terrors! - Korean / Thai / J-Horror / Indian / Chinese / Philippine / Indonesian -
--- 10/10: Passport to Bloodcurdling Terror! - BFI's 100 European Horror Films -
--- 10/11: Full Moon Madness - Werewolves -
--- 10/12: Hail to the King, Baby! - Cinema Inspired by Stephen King -
--- 10/13: Don't Go Lookin' for Trouble. Trouble will Find You. - Found Footage -
--- 10/14: Oozing Ectoplasm Euphoria - Supernatural / Haunted House / Ghost -
--- 10/15: Meat's Meat, and a Man's Gotta Eat - Comedy / Spoof Horror Films -
--- 10/16: Bavas, Argentos and Fulcis, Oh My! - Italian Horror Films -
--- 10/17: Once, Twice, Three Times the Lacerations - Horror Anthologies -
--- 10/18: Human. It's What's for Dinner - Cannibalism -
--- 10/19: It's the End of the World As We Know It - Apocalyptic Horror -
--- 10/20: A Reel Cinematic Suckfest! - Vampire Films -
--- 10/21: It Slices, Dices & Guts You Like a Fish - Slashers / Giallos / Serial Killers -
--- 10/22: Mausoleum Mayhem, Gangrene Brainstem! - Zombie Films -
--- 10/23: Atmosphere, Castles and Fog Machines - Gothic Horror -
--- 10/24: The Freaks Come Out at Night - Mutants -
--- 10/25: 100 Years of the Master of the Macabre - Vincent Price Filmography -
--- 10/26: eXtReMeLy Disturbing Depravity - Splatter / Gore -
--- 10/27: Freudian Fragments and Monster Mindfucks - Psychological Horror -
--- 10/28: That Sly Come-Hither Stare - Witchcraft -
--- 10/29: Mass Marathon of the Damned 2: Electric Chainsaw Blues -
--- 10/30: The Demented Debauchery of Devil's Night - Demonic Possession / Satanic -
--- 10/31: All Hallows Eve Hellfest - Halloween Related -

What I said above.
Old 09-13-11, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

altercations?
Old 09-13-11, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

is the truncated Curse of the Demon version really better?
No, Night is the superior version - there's an entire scene missing from Curse. I should have listed that.
Old 09-13-11, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only essential viewing I have every October is Re-Animator

I'm even thinking about getting a Herbert West tattoo this month in celebration of the challenge.
Old 09-13-11, 09:47 PM

I can not explain my love of Brainscan (1994).
Old 09-13-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
altercations?
Fighting the checklist/theme night doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Originally Posted by NoirFan
No, Night is the superior version - there's an entire scene missing from Curse. I should have listed that.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by takingchase
The only essential viewing I have every October is Re-Animator

I'm even thinking about getting a Herbert West tattoo this month in celebration of the challenge.
Do it and post pics!
Old 09-13-11, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can not explain my love of Brainscan (1994).
I watched it last year, having not seen it since 8th grade, and it was a major hoot. CD-ROMS, Primus, and Edward Furlong. Ah, the mid-90's...
Old 09-13-11, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Fighting the checklist/theme night doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Yeah, not a fan if the theme night as nothing is really sticking to me. Such a shame too.
Old 09-13-11, 11:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Nightmare Before Christmas. I watched this again with my kids a couple of years ago, and put it on last Halloween when the kids and their friends came back from trick or treating. I plan on doing it again this year. All three kids love it (I used to read the book to the older two when they were little-my mother and my wife thought it was inappropriate, but they couldn't really argue because the kids loved it).

My son (13) and daughter (12) think they're ready for scarier movies-he requested Night of the Living Dead and she requested The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We'll see.
Old 09-14-11, 12:12 AM

I don't understand the contempt for theme nights. With so many hundreds of horror movies it's nice to have that to generate cohesive discussion. It's a take it or leave it thing but I really found them helpful last year.
Old 09-14-11, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

mandated horror for October -
Trick 'r Treat
Night of The Living Dead
House of 1000 Corpses
and while dedicated episodes i always try and fit in are you afraid of the dark and the halloween episode of salute your shorts.

one thing i am changing after three years of challenges is im giving up trying to enjoy JC's Halloween. Just isnt for me and i know its blasphemy here but i will be replacing it for Zombie's H/H2
Old 09-14-11, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of love for house of 1000 Corpses, maybe it's time I check it out.
Old 09-14-11, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ororama
My son (13) and daughter (12) think they're ready for scarier movies-he requested Night of the Living Dead and she requested The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We'll see.
Wow, big movie for the young girl. Is it the original or remake of TCM?

Originally Posted by takingchase
Lots of love for house of 1000 Corpses, maybe it's time I check it out.
Yeah it is. Such an amazing movie with wonderful one liners.

Originally Posted by terrycloth
mandated horror for October -
Trick 'r Treat
Night of The Living Dead
House of 1000 Corpses
and while dedicated episodes i always try and fit in are you afraid of the dark and the halloween episode of salute your shorts.

one thing i am changing after three years of challenges is im giving up trying to enjoy JC's Halloween. Just isnt for me and i know its blasphemy here but i will be replacing it for Zombie's H/H2
How do you get Are You Afraid of the Dark episodes and when you say giving up trying to enjoy JC's Halloween, does that mean you didn't enjoy it in the first place? LOVED Zombie's first Halloween, second, though, pissed me the hell off.
Old 09-14-11, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mandatory october viewings:

return of the living dead
an american werewolf in london
re-animator
sleepaway camp
night of the creeps
shaun of the dead
halloween
night of the living dead
dawn of the dead
day of the dead
the thing
trick 'r treat
night of the demons
suspiria

Last edited by riotinmyskull; 09-14-11 at 05:05 AM.
Old 09-14-11, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How do you get Are You Afraid of the Dark episodes and when you say giving up trying to enjoy JC's Halloween, does that mean you didn't enjoy it in the first place? LOVED Zombie's first Halloween, second, though, pissed me the hell off.
i have the canadian releases of are you afraid of the dark *region 1 but sold through amazon.ca*

and i respect the original Halloween as a classic but iv never enjoyed it always seemed like a chore to sit thru for some reason. each challenge i re watch it in hopes of "getting it" its one of those EVERYONE else loves this what am i missing? type things.

i do however enjoy the remake for what its worth and im one of the few who enjoy h2 i just ignore some of the crap like the white horse.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.