Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-11, 05:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: DVD Talk New-To-DVD Theatrical Release and Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by iStylez
According to joblo (mvieguys other thread) rise of the planet of the apes and fright night are 12/27
i do not believe some of those dates

Final Destination 5 will not be released on a Monday
and I really doubt that NL will release a Suspense thiriller the same day that Apes and we have no made an offical Decision with Fright Night yet.

Midnight in Paris looks to be standing on Dec 20th
Old 08-27-11, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

final destination 5, zookeepers dates were for the uk. And oh ok.
Old 08-27-11, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh and i hear our idiot brother is 11/29 according to dvdreleasedates
That's only 3 months from now, I don't get it. Unless something is a flop, don't they generally take 4 months or slightly longer to come out?
Old 08-27-11, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

/\ Plenty of movies employ a 3-month window, regardless of their box office. Take X-Men: First Class for example, which is 13 weeks.
Old 08-27-11, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
That's only 3 months from now, I don't get it. Unless something is a flop, don't they generally take 4 months or slightly longer to come out?

I dont get the whole thing but some take 3 months. Spy kids 4 was officially anounced for dvd 4 days after it theatrical release. My Opinion is movies tht flop should be out 3 months later but movies that dont flop they should be 4 or more months after. But aperintally our idiot brother will be out on 11/29 (we will see if its flops tho)
Old 08-27-11, 08:27 PM

I dont get the whole thing but some take 3 months. Spy kids 4 was officially anounced for dvd 4 days after it theatrical release. My Opinion is movies tht flop should be out 3 months later but movies that dont flop they should be 4 or more months after. But aperintally our idiot brother will be out on 11/29 (we will see if its flops tho)
The Weinstein Company/Genius, Lions Gate, Sony, Summit, Overture, and some other small ones always employ a 3-4 month window.

Universal, Fox, Paramount, BVHE, and Warner usually go with the 4-6 month window still
Old 08-27-11, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
/\ Plenty of movies employ a 3-month window, regardless of their box office. Take X-Men: First Class for example, which is 13 weeks.

Or Transormers (July 3rd 2007-October 16th 2007)
Old 08-27-11, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by mvieguy
The Weinstein Company/Genius, Lions Gate, Sony, Summit, Overture, and some other small ones always employ a 3-4 month window.

Universal, Fox, Paramount, BVHE, and Warner usually go with the 4-6 month window still

Examples for Summit is Source Code and Drive Angry
Old 08-28-11, 12:44 AM

LOL Well It may seem that Someone in my office is either smoking something or just has no idea as to where to put Pooh. but i now read that we may shift back to Oct 25th, because Dolphin Tale, Glee Live, and The Change up are packing that day along with The Debt and One day
Old 08-28-11, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LOL Well It may seem that Someone in my office is either smoking something or just has no idea as to where to put Pooh. but i now read that we may shift back to Oct 25th, because Dolphin Tale, Glee Live, and The Change up are packing that day along with The Debt and One day
Walk into someone's office and pistol whip them until they agree to keep Pooh in December. October is already crazy expensive and if I can't have Super 8, I'm fed up. What would keep you from doing this...scared?
Old 08-28-11, 02:04 AM

So dolphin tale, change-up, glee 3d, the debit and one day could end up on either 12/13 or 12/20?
Old 08-28-11, 02:06 AM

Walk into someone's office and pistol whip them until they agree to keep Pooh in December. October is already crazy expensive and if I can't have Super 8, I'm fed up. What would keep you from doing this...scared?

Super 8 is the talk of this thread latley.. Haha. I got a feeling in the next 2 months it will be officially announced
Old 08-28-11, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Super 8 is the talk of this thread latley.. Haha. I got a feeling in the next 2 months it will be officially announced
It had better be announced within the next two weeks or else I'll never buy a blu ray again. I'm boycotting motion pictures if I don't get an official announcement by September 14th. Tell that to the stiffs who keep moving the dates of only the movies that I love around and not even announcing the one I want in my hands the 2nd most of any release coming out this year.
Old 08-28-11, 11:49 AM
Cool New Member

our idiot brother is November 29 for dvd. November 2nd for Blu
Old 08-28-11, 01:10 PM

It had better be announced within the next two weeks or else I'll never buy a blu ray again. I'm boycotting motion pictures if I don't get an official announcement by September 14th. Tell that to the stiffs who keep moving the dates of only the movies that I love around and not even announcing the one I want in my hands the 2nd most of any release coming out this year.

Im guessing number 1 is bridesmaids? And we will see if its announced with-in 2 weeks.
Old 08-28-11, 04:07 PM

You go ahead and not buy anything from them. I think their be fine without you and your gimme gimme I want it now mental state. Okay?
Old 08-28-11, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MovieFanatic81
You go ahead and not buy anything from them. I think their be fine without you and your gimme gimme I want it now mental state. Okay?
You're funny. You with your couple of hundred posts and no sense of humor. The people in this thread know me and I am pretty confident they'd all tell you that I'm not remotely selfish, but merely try to make some posts, that while are also serious, also bring some levity to the thread. I'm nothing but grateful for the information that gets shared here and the people that share it.

It's too bad people like you have to take things people write so seriously, clearly you haven't read a lot of my posts and the clear reaction of EVERYONE else that knows I'm just teasing and being a bit hyperbolic because it makes the thread a little bit more fun, imo, while we all wait for information.

Guess you know better. I apologize for upsetting you, because this is clearly ALL about you.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 08-28-11 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-28-11, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Im guessing number 1 is bridesmaids? And we will see if its announced with-in 2 weeks.
You had to guess?

My wife and I loved this one equally, which is rare. But Bridesmaids and Hanna are easily number one and 2 for September. Captain America is 3rd and I suppose Thor would be 4.

But, from now, till the end of the year, it's Bridesmaids, Super 8, Midnight in Paris, and Hanna. Too many uncertainties for December, though.

What are you actually most excited for?

I wish mvieguy who occasionally drop some hints about what he's actually looking forward to when he's sharing with us dates. Mao has always been on the quiet side.
Old 08-28-11, 10:08 PM

You had to guess?

My wife and I loved this one equally, which is rare. But Bridesmaids and Hanna are easily number one and 2 for September. Captain America is 3rd and I suppose Thor would be 4.

But, from now, till the end of the year, it's Bridesmaids, Super 8, Midnight in Paris, and Hanna. Too many uncertainties for December, though.

What are you actually most excited for?

I wish mvieguy who occasionally drop some hints about what he's actually looking forward to when he's sharing with us dates. Mao has always been on the quiet side.

What im looking forward too is zookeeper,fast five, horrible bosses, the change-up, 30 minutes or less, friends with benifits and probally some september theatricals tht could probally go to dvd in december
Old 08-28-11, 11:58 PM

What im looking forward too is zookeeper,fast five, horrible bosses, the change-up, 30 minutes or less, friends with benifits and probally some september theatricals tht could probally go to dvd in december
Zookeeper? Really?!!! Lol. I'm sorry man, I had to say that.

All I am looking forward to from your list are Fast Five, Horrible Bosses. From September, I am looking forward to Warrior with Tom Hardy.
Old 08-29-11, 06:35 AM

I'm gonna say this once. You guys keep bashing each other over which movie certain people look forward to, or if they get stressed out over release dates, I will stop posting. its childish and immature. Hey Dark Devil I'm looking foward to Judy Moody. got something to say about that.

Also stop making stupid claims that your gonna stop buying Blu Rays or DVD's because a certain film isnt coming out when you want it to. if that was the case, i would still be watching Betamax.

You guys need to chill out and just go with the flow, Mao and Myself dont have control over the dates we post. yes some do get moved around. I told you for the last two years, The Fourth Quarter is ALWAYS like this. dont like it. dont buy it. Period

Now back to our regualry Scheduled Program.....
Old 08-29-11, 08:03 AM

I'm gonna say this once. You guys keep bashing each other over which movie certain people look forward to, or if they get stressed out over release dates, I will stop posting. its childish and immature. Hey Dark Devil I'm looking foward to Judy Moody. got something to say about that.

Also stop making stupid claims that your gonna stop buying Blu Rays or DVD's because a certain film isnt coming out when you want it to. if that was the case, i would still be watching Betamax.

You guys need to chill out and just go with the flow, Mao and Myself dont have control over the dates we post. yes some do get moved around. I told you for the last two years, The Fourth Quarter is ALWAYS like this. dont like it. dont buy it. Period

i dont mind what people like. Its their type of movie they can get it. And you and mao doing an amazing job at telling us what comes out on dvd
Old 08-29-11, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dark.Devil.21
Zookeeper? Really?!!! Lol. I'm sorry man, I had to say that.

All I am looking forward to from your list are Fast Five, Horrible Bosses. From September, I am looking forward to Warrior with Tom Hardy.

Yup. And thats ok
Old 08-29-11, 08:17 AM

Relax man, I was just joking. I did not mean any disrespect or offense. I'm pretty sure iStylez knew that too. If you felt offended, then I apologize for that.
Old 08-29-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dark.Devil.21
Relax man, I was just joking. I did not mean any disrespect or offense. I'm pretty sure iStylez knew that too. If you felt offended, then I apologize for that.
I was positive that EVERYONE, including mviguy, knew that I was joking. For him to call me out after just trying to make some posts funny-no way I thought people in this thread would take my post literally about boycotting motion pictures (wow, it was an obvious joke in a thread where I've joked a lot and people seemed to enjoy it)-well, I'm just going to "self-evict" myself from this thread so everyone else doesn't get punished because I try to post a little humor. Sorry.

Thanks for the good times to most of you and I appreciate what Mao and mvieguy do to help others. From now on, I'll remain a spectator.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.