Old 07-04-11, 12:08 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want...

I want...

Child of Glass (1978)

Mr. Boogedy (1986)

Bride of Boogedy (1987)

Disney's Halloween Treat/A Disney Halloween (1982/1983)
Old 01-26-12, 01:15 AM

Re: Disney releasing MODs: Disney Generations Collection

I'd love to see goof troop, maybe some seasons of house of mouse (I was always big on that show). I'd love to see more recent stuff released too. Even though these aren't popular options I wanna see the proud family, Kim possible, Dave the barbarian, and brandy and mr whiskers in season sets. Especially brandy and mr whiskers. Charles Adler is a great voice actor. (for those who don't know he was Ed and bev bighead on rockos modern life on nickelodeon)
Old 01-27-12, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

8 lousy (quantity-wise) releases since last June? Wow, they've really hit the ground running.
Old 01-27-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

I'll echo nearly everyone else with the Disney Afternoon stuff, especially DuckTales. It's a crime that hasn't been finished yet.
Old 01-28-12, 10:37 AM

I e-mailed Disney about the Disney Afternoon show Gargoyles after hearing some rumors and they told me that they have plans to release the rest of it on DVD this year. Whether that is through this program or regular retail, I don't know.
Old 01-30-12, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by manicsounds
I'm very sure there are more people who would buy more Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVDs than say, a copy of Disney's "Not Quite Human 2" if that were released...
As someone who owns all the MST3K DVDs, you'd bet your sweet ass I'd pick up a copy of the Not Quite Human trilogy.

Fuck it. Give it a 2K restoration and release a special two-disc Blu-ray edition. No Alan Thicke commentary, no sale.
Old 01-31-12, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hopefully they'll finish The Tick. There were a lot of theories about why the first two volumes had episodes omitted but both episodes features thinly-veiled Marvel parodies. Disney and Marvel were in a legal battle over rights to Marvel Animation at the time, Disney had acquired the rights to the Saban catalog when they bought Fox Family and turned it into ABC Family but Marvel didn't see things that simply and of course they sued.

A lot of Marvel releases from Disney went out-of-print during that legal battle. Their complete '67 Spider-Man and '90's Fantastic Four cartoons were only available for a year or two. This was right around the time Disney released those Tick sets with those episodes pulled. It's like they were willing to mine the Saban catalog as long as it was non-Marvel.

Now here we are a few years later and Disney OWNS Marvel so those legal issues should be resolved by default. With two volumes of 12 episodes each and 12 unreleased episodes it's pretty much a no-brainer. I would move a lot of old sets too because a lot of people passed on the first two because of the missing episodes. I don't care if I have to switch discs because they're out-of-order and I don't care if a third of the show is on DVD-R, I just want all 36 episodes!
Old 01-31-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I stopped waiting on The Tick long ago and got the UK complete collection.