Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thread!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thread!

Old 06-27-11, 10:33 AM
  #276  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,625
Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by MinLShaw



Yeah, there's an awful lot of context and subtext to that aspect of the film. Like I said, it's a shame it devolves into a rather paint-by-numbers Western in the latter third or so, because its opening is particularly rich.
Re: WINCHESTER '73--I would not characterize it that way. At the time, it was part of that initial wave of "adult westerns" (e.g. DUEL IN THE SUN, PURSUED, RED RIVER, etc.) and the familial battle in it, brother-against-the brother who killed their father in a vicious shootout in perilous rocky terrain, was new and fresh. Critics have noted director Mann's use of landscapes as reflections of his characters' psychological states in his westerns and it's quite vivid and powerful in this film. James Stewart was considered a light leading man up to this point (Hitchcock's ROPE notwithstanding) and when audiences first saw the trailer for this film showing him as a tough, intense westerner, they burst out laughing. They didn't laugh when they saw the film, which was quite a hit (and made Stewart rich, since he took a small upfront fee in exchange for a percentage of the gross--the first actor to do that) and paved the way for his four subsequent westerns with Mann and a much wider array of roles.
Old 06-27-11, 10:47 AM
  #277  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Re: WINCHESTER '73--I would not characterize it that way. At the time, it was part of that initial wave of "adult westerns" (e.g. DUEL IN THE SUN, PURSUED, RED RIVER, etc.) and the familial battle in it, brother-against-the brother who killed their father in a vicious shootout in perilous rocky terrain, was new and fresh. Critics have noted director Mann's use of landscapes as reflections of his characters' psychological states in his westerns and it's quite vivid and powerful in this film. James Stewart was considered a light leading man up to this point (Hitchcock's ROPE notwithstanding) and when audiences first saw the trailer for this film showing him as a tough, intense westerner, they burst out laughing. They didn't laugh when they saw the film, which was quite a hit (and made Stewart rich, since he took a small upfront fee in exchange for a percentage of the gross--the first actor to do that) and paved the way for his four subsequent westerns with Mann and a much wider array of roles.
I would have thought Destry Rides Again had already answered the question of whether or not Stewart was viable in a Western, but I concede the point that it didn't. Regardless, while all that you say is true I still maintain that the remainder of the film fails to live up to the richness of its opening act. Despite a few instances of Stewart snapping off his lines about pressing on with his manhunt, the pace of the film isn't terribly urgent, and the action pieces (such as the raid on the fledgling Union base) play more as a check-in with our short attention spans than as a meaningful expansion of the narrative. No matter how innovative the use of landscape and brother-versus-brother idea were, it's still just setting up a one-on-one showdown between protagonist and antagonist.

Props to Stewart for his business savvy, though! This is the third of his performances I've seen for the first time this year, and the second for this challenge (the other being the aforementioned Destry Rides Again, and Harvey a few months ago). It's tempting to only think of someone of his status as a movie star, and forget how talented he was as an actor. What I appreciate most about his work was how natural it feels. He appears to be reacting to other actors, rather than merely waiting for the chance to deliver his lines, and in consequence his reactions feel organic, as though whatever he says was the most obvious, or at least sincere, thing in the world to say at that moment. Terrific facial expressions and vocal inflections, too.
Old 06-27-11, 10:58 AM
  #278  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,625
Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
I would have thought Destry Rides Again had already answered the question of whether or not Stewart was viable in a Western, but I concede the point that it didn't. Regardless, while all that you say is true I still maintain that the remainder of the film fails to live up to the richness of its opening act. Despite a few instances of Stewart snapping off his lines about pressing on with his manhunt, the pace of the film isn't terribly urgent, and the action pieces (such as the raid on the fledgling Union base) play more as a check-in with our short attention spans than as a meaningful expansion of the narrative. No matter how innovative the use of landscape and brother-versus-brother idea were, it's still just setting up a one-on-one showdown between protagonist and antagonist.

Props to Stewart for his business savvy, though! This is the third of his performances I've seen for the first time this year, and the second for this challenge (the other being the aforementioned Destry Rides Again, and Harvey a few months ago). It's tempting to only think of someone of his status as a movie star, and forget how talented he was as an actor. What I appreciate most about his work was how natural it feels. He appears to be reacting to other actors, rather than merely waiting for the chance to deliver his lines, and in consequence his reactions feel organic, as though whatever he says was the most obvious, or at least sincere, thing in the world to say at that moment. Terrific facial expressions and vocal inflections, too.
You should see Mann's other westerns with Stewart: BEND OF THE RIVER (1952, my favorite), THE NAKED SPUR, THE FAR COUNTRY, THE MAN FROM LARAMIE. All are out on DVD. The best ones are, for me, the ones written by Borden Chase (WINCHESTER, BEND, FAR COUNTRY). Other Mann films I'd recommend: DEVIL'S DOORWAY (1950), a "pro-Indian" western; THE TALL TARGET (1951), a conspiracy thriller about a plot to assassinate the newly-elected Lincoln (the hero who tries to stop the plot is a New York City policeman named...John Kennedy!); and MEN IN WAR (1957), a gritty anti-war Korean War combat movie with Aldo Ray and Robert Ryan.
Old 06-27-11, 11:30 AM
  #279  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sonora, Mexico
Posts: 194
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by jmsmath
Any objections to using a wildcard on Super 8 since it takes place in 1979?
I would be total hypocrite if I objected since I've put X-Men: First Class (as a Wildcard) on my list. But ONLY because it weaves a major historical event into the movie itself - the Cuban Missile Crisis. I don't know if Super 8 does this since I haven't seen the movie, though I'm sure there are throwaway references to events of the era.
I was about to rent The Box, which is set in the 70's. But decided against it because the story's Science Fiction plot is independent of the era, which is just a backdrop.
Old 06-27-11, 12:47 PM
  #280  
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,630
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

in regards to Super 8, there's one historical reference to rubik cube, but from what I can remember that did not come out til 1980

oh and I watched Django for the first time - it did nothing for me... overrated in my book.
Old 06-27-11, 02:17 PM
  #281  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,625
Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by Gobear
Watching the Blu-Ray of Hair that came in the mail today from an online contest that I won. It's one of my favorite films, and one of the best movie musicals, period. I first saw this in the theater when I was in high school, and then it was a period piece, but now it seems as relevant as when the play premiered. When I saw the revival on Broadway 2 years ago, I noticed that instead of using the original 1967 orchestrations, they were borrowed from the movie.
This movie came up in a discussion at a high school reunion over the weekend. The school was the High School of Performing Arts in New York, the "Fame" school and those of us present unanimously dismissed FAME (1980) as "garbage." One of our number, a woman who'd been a stoner/hippie/space cadet back in HS (40 years ago!) allowed as to how HAIR was a better reflection of our high school experiences. I wouldn't have put it that way myself, but I could see how she would have thought that.

Nobody famous in our class, but Ellen Barkin was a year after us and Keith David and Freddie Prinze (known back then as Keith Williams and Freddie Pruetzel) were two years after us. (Both guys signed my yearbook.)
Old 06-27-11, 04:55 PM
  #282  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by pagefrance
I would be total hypocrite if I objected since I've put X-Men: First Class (as a Wildcard) on my list. But ONLY because it weaves a major historical event into the movie itself - the Cuban Missile Crisis. I don't know if Super 8 does this since I haven't seen the movie, though I'm sure there are throwaway references to events of the era.
I still haven't seen it, so I'm relying entirely on participants to be honest about the nature of the film as it relates to the spirit of our challenge. "Period film" is an awfully vague category and one that I personally resisted including in our challenge, precisely because it does open the door for these kinds of arguments. I'm allowing both films this year only because they're new releases. Next year, they're both out. Anyone wanting to watch them and have them count for a challenge will just have to be patient and watch their DVD or Blu-ray in July.

I was about to rent The Box, which is set in the 70's. But decided against it because the story's Science Fiction plot is independent of the era, which is just a backdrop.
Good call. If you can rent it and watch it at your convenience, then it's not protected under the "new release" leniency clause. I was going to watch The Missing, which I still haven't seen but then I discovered that the antagonist is some kind of shapeshifting phantom so that didn't seem quite right.

Though now that I think about it, next year we might add "supernatural Western" to the checklist. Explicitly Sci-Fi/Fantasy or Horror would not count (no Cowboys & Aliens for anyone thinking forward), but there are several Westerns where a story incorporates some ideas that don't quite jibe with what we know of reality. Stories about hanged men coming back for revenge, that kind of thing, where the supernatural is minimal overall but important to the premise. Any thoughts about this?
Old 06-27-11, 07:40 PM
  #283  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,387
Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

I still havent seen X Men First Class. If its still in theaters, I planned to save it for the sci fi/fantasy challenge.
Old 06-27-11, 08:09 PM
  #284  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

I think X-Men is a stretch for a historical appreciation challenge.
Old 06-27-11, 08:43 PM
  #285  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I think X-Men is a stretch for a historical appreciation challenge.
It is a stretch, which is why it's 1) this year only and 2) a wildcard only.
Old 06-28-11, 10:13 AM
  #286  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,625
Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Only three days left and I haven't gotten anywhere near to completing my personal goals, let alone the official checklist.

I wanted to devote these last three days to watching films with Bernard Herrmann scores that are eligible for this challenge. I have six films picked out, including CITIZEN KANE, but have only watched one so far (FIVE FINGERS). Herrmann would have turned 100 this Wed. (June 29). He died in 1975 right after finishing the recording of TAXI DRIVER's score. I've got a few I can use for the Sci-Fi Challenge starting Friday, including MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS, and THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.

I wanted to watch something with "Shaolin" in the title.

I wanted to watch something with "Samurai" in the title.

I wanted to watch ninja and yakuza films.

I wanted to watch some historical anime (I have tons--Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, Rose of Versailles, Dog of Flanders, Heidi, Anne of Green Gables, etc.).

I wanted to watch all the Mulan films I have. (Well, I did get through two live-action versions, but I still have Disney's MULAN to watch.)

I wanted to watch DVDs/Blu-rays my nephews have given me over the last few Christmases--four are eligible for this challenge. (Two others are eligible for the Sci-Fi Challenge.)

I did watch 39 films so far, but it ain't enough to encompass everything I wanted.

So much to watch, so little time...

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 06-29-11 at 05:21 AM.
Old 06-28-11, 11:27 AM
  #287  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,291
Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

I watched X-Men: First Class, but I didn't count it toward this challenge, because, well, it isn't history. It's not even historical fiction. I'm not talking about the SF trappings; but the director clearly had no interest in making the picture even look like 1962. The haircuts, the language, the cultural assumptions are all from 2011. Compare the look and feel of Mad Men, a show that gets that period right.

Just my $.02.

My only goal has been to dust off some DVDs that I haven't visited in a long time, and in that I've been successful. I plan to go fullbore on next month's challenge, however.
Old 06-29-11, 05:21 AM
  #288  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,625
Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

I started reading Yukio Mishima's novel, The Sound of Waves, during this challenge and I finished it on the way home last night, so I watched the animated adaptation of it (part of the "Animated Classics of Japanese Literature" series), thus finally managing to get some anime in.

This morning I woke up and celebrated the centennial of the birth of Bernard Herrmann by watching one of the very best films to feature a Herrmann score, JANE EYRE (1944), starring Orson Welles (who brought Herrmann out to Hollywood for CITIZEN KANE) and Joan Fontaine. One of his finest scores, too. Herrmann, of course, is most famous for the scores he did for Harryhausen (THE SEVENTH VOYAGE OF SINBAD, THE THREE WORLDS OF GULLIVER, MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS) and Hitchcock (THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY, THE WRONG MAN, VERTIGO, NORTH BY NORTHWEST, PSYCHO, MARNIE).
Old 06-30-11, 02:22 AM
  #289  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,578
Received 1,009 Likes on 835 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Watched more of LA Confidential tonight--love it! I remember seeing it in theaters then later hearing that the leads were Aussies I'd never heard of.

Needed to pull out something from a limited stack so I started Two Mules for Sister Sara. Not bad halfway through.

Finally finished Once Upon a Time in the West and didn't love it as much as I'd hoped I would. I need to sit down and concentrate more on it, because I kept trying to watch it after midnight and kept falling asleep. I kept starting it over again for like four nights in a row and kept dozing off. Finally I powered through most of it last night and finished it tonight, but I had to do some work and stuff to stay active and awake and as such missed part of what was going on. Will need to rewatch.
Old 06-30-11, 05:05 AM
  #290  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,625
Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by davidh777
Finally finished Once Upon a Time in the West and didn't love it as much as I'd hoped I would. I need to sit down and concentrate more on it, because I kept trying to watch it after midnight and kept falling asleep. I kept starting it over again for like four nights in a row and kept dozing off. Finally I powered through most of it last night and finished it tonight, but I had to do some work and stuff to stay active and awake and as such missed part of what was going on. Will need to rewatch.
With long films like that I've learned that you really need to carve out a block of time when you're awake and refreshed and have the energy to devote to it. I watched a few long movies for this challenge (e.g. TORA, TORA, TORA; MIDWAY; THE LONGEST DAY), but only on weekend afternoons, starting early. It's a great disservice to these films to break them up into portions.

For late-night viewing, I picked short, undemanding films--B-westerns and lower-budgeted war movies. I'd fall asleep during them and then wake up early to finish them, usually before getting ready to leave for work. Not every film requires the close attention that the great movies do.

Of course, ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST really needs to be seen on the big screen.
Old 06-30-11, 05:50 AM
  #291  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Yesterday was a screwed up day, but I did finally see Amistad, which seems particularly curious given that I could have used the same time to finally see the Saving Private Ryan monkey that has been on my back for quite a while now. I can appreciate the knocks against it for appropriating the finale to insert some contemporary politicizing, but on the whole I found it a fairly--if simplified--accurate depiction of what I know of the events. The dramatization of the actual slave trade was spot-on and very moving. Djimon Hounsou doesn't get nearly enough credit for the intensity and dignity he brings to his performances.

I've got one disc left of Victory at Sea (eight episodes; roughly three hours real time). I'm not really feeling it right now, but ~20 minute episodes are pretty convenient when my guts are acting up so I'm gonna try to finish that series today.
Old 06-30-11, 06:32 AM
  #292  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,387
Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

I haven't watched much this challenge due to the demands of life, but I plan on trying to getting in at least some of the Man With No Name Trilogy watched today as it was something I had been meaning to watch the entire challenge but never got around to it.
Old 06-30-11, 08:25 AM
  #293  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,578
Received 1,009 Likes on 835 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
With long films like that I've learned that you really need to carve out a block of time when you're awake and refreshed and have the energy to devote to it. I watched a few long movies for this challenge (e.g. TORA, TORA, TORA; MIDWAY; THE LONGEST DAY), but only on weekend afternoons, starting early. It's a great disservice to these films to break them up into portions.

For late-night viewing, I picked short, undemanding films--B-westerns and lower-budgeted war movies. I'd fall asleep during them and then wake up early to finish them, usually before getting ready to leave for work. Not every film requires the close attention that the great movies do.

Of course, ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST really needs to be seen on the big screen.
I agree but my schedule is almost all late-night viewing The only exceptions are the ones I can watch with the wife or kids. I started Inglorious Basterds last night and couldn't make it through that either.
Old 06-30-11, 09:14 AM
  #294  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Ash Ketchum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,625
Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by davidh777
I agree but my schedule is almost all late-night viewing The only exceptions are the ones I can watch with the wife or kids. I started Inglorious Basterds last night and couldn't make it through that either.
Since I'm divorced and my child has grown up, I've forgotten how difficult it is to carve out quality time for long movies under such circumstances. Save 'em for when the kids are grown.
Old 06-30-11, 09:21 AM
  #295  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Breezing right through the last disc of Victory at Sea, with only three episodes remaining. In bulk viewing, this series can become absolutely laborious. But just when my brain gets numb from Richard Rodgers's soaring score and Leonard Graves's pseudo-theatrical narration, along comes some footage that completely captivates me. Sometimes it's aerial footage of a battle. Sometimes it's soldiers pitching horse shoes and reading paperbacks. Whatever it is, those are the gems that make this series special. I'll feel a small sense of accomplishment just finishing this series, though.
Old 06-30-11, 09:47 AM
  #296  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,031
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

I just can't believe this month is already over! Even though I've managed to hit all of my goals for this challenge, there's so much more I wanted to watch. This work thing really eats into my movie watching time!
Old 06-30-11, 10:24 AM
  #297  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,578
Received 1,009 Likes on 835 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Since I'm divorced and my child has grown up, I've forgotten how difficult it is to carve out quality time for long movies under such circumstances. Save 'em for when the kids are grown.
Exactly. I probably shouldn't have chosen OUATITW, but there's been so much buzz about it and I just got the cheap BD so I figured that would be one of the crown jewels on my list. Now I feel unsatisfied and need to watch it again.
Old 06-30-11, 10:44 AM
  #298  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

From 2-4 today, you can play History.com's Ultimate History quiz against their staff.
Old 06-30-11, 02:07 PM
  #299  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 398
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Count me as another one who wasn't able to get to as many films as I had hoped to. The middle of the month was especially bad as far as "real world" interference was concerned. Still I started out with some solid war movies and ended the month with some very enjoyable westerns so it was a lot of fun. I'm planning on finishing up tonight with The Last Days of Pompeii (1935). I can hardly wait to see what the King Kong crew do with this material.
Old 06-30-11, 02:34 PM
  #300  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Second Annual Historical Appreciation Challenge Discussion Thre

Well, as we go into the twilight hours of the challenge, I'm looking forward to seeing the post-challenge reflections and suggestions/requests for next year. I've got a doctor's appointment that will eat up probably two hours and then later I'm down for tonight's Burn Notice so I don't know how much more I'm going to get to watch. I can happily report I actually have to think about which catfight to rank as this challenge's winner. I saw a pair of really good ones this month!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.