Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

Old 08-02-12, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

Is it a DVD-5 or DVD-9? If he crammed every episode onto a DVD-5...yikes. A DVD-9 would worry me enough on its own.

Edit - Got my Blu-Ray today - much faster than I was expecting. The signed cast photo is nice. The signed screenshot from the show is...less nice. I do like that the pictures came protected with two pieces of thick paper though. The set's packaging as a whole is hilarious, and if I didn't fear the ink on it actually bleeding on my scanner, I'd scan it. The annoying TE Trial watermark is all over the disc, and the VQ is awfully low for the eps with the GaS logo, but seems fine for the stuff without it. It would appear he's got some master tapes, but also used some iffy VHS rips and maybe some compressed video files to fill in the set. The VQ isn't consistent, but for what is basically just a bootleg set with some packaging, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I'm amazed he didn't actually spend the money to get the real version of whatever that TE software is since he'd probably be able to recoup it with the prices he's charging.

Last edited by JPeeples; 08-04-12 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-11-12, 03:06 AM

^^^ Yea won't be supporting that release lol
Old 08-12-12, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
Ugh...so tempted to get this. What was the last thing we heard on the status of an official release?
I was tempted to order it, since I loved Salute Your Shorts and would kill for any good release of it (let alone Shout doing it). From what I'm seeing here, though, it's not worth the $20...
Old 08-23-12, 01:11 AM

The episodes that aren't sourced from old TV tapes are actually ripped from iTunes downloads.
Old 08-23-12, 05:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPeeples
Is it a DVD-5 or DVD-9? If he crammed every episode onto a DVD-5...yikes. A DVD-9 would worry me enough on its own.

Edit - Got my Blu-Ray today - much faster than I was expecting. The signed cast photo is nice. The signed screenshot from the show is...less nice. I do like that the pictures came protected with two pieces of thick paper though. The set's packaging as a whole is hilarious, and if I didn't fear the ink on it actually bleeding on my scanner, I'd scan it. The annoying TE Trial watermark is all over the disc, and the VQ is awfully low for the eps with the GaS logo, but seems fine for the stuff without it. It would appear he's got some master tapes, but also used some iffy VHS rips and maybe some compressed video files to fill in the set. The VQ isn't consistent, but for what is basically just a bootleg set with some packaging, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I'm amazed he didn't actually spend the money to get the real version of whatever that TE software is since he'd probably be able to recoup it with the prices he's charging.
Is the watermark on the disc it's self, or is it on the episodes ? I read in this topic that there wasn't watermarking.
Old 08-23-12, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I tweeted to Shout! and they said they don't have the rights to Salute Your Shorts
Old 08-23-12, 11:24 PM

From my understanding the real reason Salute Your Shorts hasn't been released on DVD or complete digitally is because the master tapes Nickelodeon/Viacom have are problematic.
Old 08-25-12, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by kyleblack
From my understanding the real reason Salute Your Shorts hasn't been released on DVD or complete digitally is because the master tapes Nickelodeon/Viacom have are problematic.
Hmm.. that's the first I've ever heard that. Pretty interesting if that's the case. Hard to believe though since The 90s Are All That were playing the episodes a few weeks back and I saw no issues with them. Based on what Shout has mentioned in the past, dealing with Nickelodeon/Paramount is a very long, drawn out process and I'm sure with more high-profile shows (especially "Rugrats" and "Doug") there going to be way more protective of the brand before they just license it out. I really hope in the future deals can be made with Shout since they seem to have a really great relationship with Nick so far.
Old 09-04-12, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
Is the watermark on the disc it's self, or is it on the episodes ? I read in this topic that there wasn't watermarking.
The watermark appears throughout the disc's menus and the episodes.
Old 09-04-12, 04:44 PM

Got my copy of Rocko's Modern Life Season 3 today...too bad I got it off of Amazon Marketplace and it was in horrid condition (case broken, holes punched IN artwork, was supposed to be new but came opened). Guess I'll have to wait until I get a decent copy before I can add it to my collection.
Old 09-05-12, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

If that was supposed to be a new copy, I'd complain to the seller.
Old 09-05-12, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
If that was supposed to be a new copy, I'd complain to the seller.
I contacted him and he responded immediately. He said his products usually have holes in the UPC code O_o and he didn't know why it was opened.Told me to send it back (which I did) for a full refund.
Old 09-05-12, 06:58 PM
Banned

The TE Trial watermark is on the episodes themselves ? If so, I guess it's off to certain other sites for a set.
Old 09-10-12, 06:21 PM

Are You Afraid of the Dark vol 1 and 2. 3 discs apiece... They are createspace though , but at only $15 I might pick these up

Old 09-11-12, 02:26 PM

Although, Nickelodeon has gone the MOD route via CreateSpace with this show, that may not be a terrible thing in the long run. Most of the shows that Nick tried their hands at with via MOD eventually ended up with Shout Factory in manufactured editions. Perhaps, once Nick feels they've had there way with the series, it'll be free reign for Shout to swoop in and pick them up for full season editions. I was lucky enough to pick up all 7 seasons when they were available through Cookie Jar but they've been long OOP for sometime now. I'd gladly re-buy the series to show my support for Shout's impressive Nick line.
Old 09-11-12, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have the UK sets and the remainder of the seasons on the OOP region 1 DVD's
Old 09-12-12, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

I might pick up those two Are You Afraid of the Dark? volumes but I'd rather have official releases and season sets rather than just MOD releases. At least they're fairly cheap though.
Old 09-12-12, 03:37 AM

Has anyone heard any buzz about Kenan & Kel coming through the MOD program? I'm really hoping for it.
Old 10-09-12, 02:50 PM
Banned

Does the dvds of Salute Your Shorts have the watermark ?
Old 02-22-13, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

https://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/216702

Season 4 of Hey Dude slated for 4/9

Season Four episode highlights include Mr. Ernst becoming Sheriff, Danny getting a job as a cartoonist for the local paper, Brad and Kyle finding themselves stranded in the desert and Ted escaping summer school to return to the ranch! This series of fun-filled adventures stars Christine Taylor as lifeguard Melody, David Lascher as senior staff member Ted, Kelly Brown as horse trainer Brad, Joe Torres as Hopi Indian native Danny, Debra Kalman as ranch hand Lucy, Josh Tygiel as Ernst’s son, Buddy, Jonathan Galkin as Ernst’s nephew, Jake, and Geoffrey Coy as the amiable cowboy Kyle.
Old 02-23-13, 12:14 AM

Just got my Complete Rocko's Modern Life set in the mail today along with the free signed lithograph. Lithograph came rolled in a tube, inside a much bigger box with the dvd as well. Thanks Shout Factory!

Shout! is my #2 favorite dvd company after Criterion. Great selection of quality television to choose from, and their handling of their new Scream Factory line is any horror fan's dream come true. Bravo!
Old 02-23-13, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
Shout! is my #2 favorite dvd company after Criterion. Great selection of quality television to choose from, and their handling of their new Scream Factory line is any horror fan's dream come true. Bravo!
I have to agree it's the one company I follow so closely, because they do seem to care about their customers, and me being a big Nickelodeon nostalgia fan, I keep throwing money at them for Hey Dude, and hopefully one day Salute Your Shorts, and maybe YCDTOTV....although that would be a stretch.
Old 02-23-13, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
Just got my Complete Rocko's Modern Life set in the mail today along with the free signed lithograph. Lithograph came rolled in a tube, inside a much bigger box with the dvd as well. Thanks Shout Factory!

I'll reserve that place (#2 favorite DVD company) for them when they produce ROUNDHOUSE and SALUTE YOUR SHORTS DVD sets.
Old 02-23-13, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also ordered Rocko's Modern Life: The Complete Series from Shout! and got it yesterday in the mail with the signed lithograph. The lithograph looks great and it's awesome to have it signed by Murray. I actually just took it to get framed today to hang in my office at work.

This is really a great day for my TV on DVD collection. Rocko's Modern Life was always one of my favorite shows as a kid and it's great to finally have it all on DVD. I never thought I'd see the day.

Make sure you watch the live read of Whacky Deli on the last disc, it's a lot of fun.
Old 03-20-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Posted on Shout!'s Facebook.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.