Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Adam West says that Batman(60s) dvds may be near

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-14, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Adam West says that Batman(60s) dvds may be near

I'm not too excited about the box-of-junk that comes with the BR release. The Batmobile looks to be a "reprint" of the 6" one Mattel released some time back (and I have several different versions already so who cares about another...), the "Adam West Scrapbook" holds zero interest, the cards are "OK" but they're also a "look at 'em once and never again" item, and the "Episode Guide" should *not* be a "special bonus item" but included in each set as well as by season in the individual season releases. I"m also not too crazy about the apparent digi-pak cases and the episode per disc breakdown. It seems a bit on the high side and poorly apportioned. I don't care about on-disc extras as I rarely view them but these seem incredibly lame.

What I *do* care about is the program itself and *that* why I'm getting this! Because of that I have pre-orders for the BR & DVD sets as well as the S1 DVD. The one that turns out to be the best overall value will be the one under the tree this Christmas!
Old 11-06-14, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just watched a half hour infomercial on the Batman sets being released.

https://www.batmanondvd.com/
Old 11-06-14, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

The Blu-ray and DVD sets hit retail stores next week, only decades after waiting for an official home video release.

Wired explains the tortured process of how this set finally got legal clearance for release. I'm sure that fiendish Joker was responsible.

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/batman-home-video-finally/
Old 11-07-14, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wired has featured several articles on Conan O'Brien over the years. Is it possible that they're in on Conan's hoax/conspiracy to fool us into thinking this set will actually be released within the next 84 hours and 12 minutes?
Old 11-07-14, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that supposed conspiracy. This will be a hoax on par with the Moon landing.
Old 11-07-14, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The current Costco magazine has a little article on it but no price was listed.
Old 11-07-14, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ernestrp
The current Costco magazine has a little article on it but no price was listed.
The current Costco magazine? Real subtle O'Brien. You may fool others but I ain't buying it.
Old 11-09-14, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
Wired has featured several articles on Conan O'Brien over the years. Is it possible that they're in on Conan's hoax/conspiracy to fool us into thinking this set will actually be released within the next 84 hours and 12 minutes?
The current Costco magazine? Real subtle O'Brien. You may fool others but I ain't buying it.
Seriously? Again with this shit? How pathetic and empty must someone's life be that they are that concerned with whether or not someone else trusts a second rate comic as a source for dvd release news.
Old 11-09-14, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Old 11-09-14, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

Old 11-09-14, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Btw I'm laughing at jjcool not with him.
Old 11-09-14, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jjcool
Seriously? Again with this shit? How pathetic and empty must someone's life be that they are that concerned with whether or not someone else trusts a second rate comic as a source for dvd release news.
Do yourself a favor, friend: read back through this thread. As the release of this set is mere hours away and many peoples' copies are en route (mine is) ask yourself if the stand you took was rational or sensible or right in any way.

I'm not joking when I say this: I believe you have it in you to admit what we all know, and I think all the people who witnessed all of it would actually respect you if you did.
Old 11-09-14, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,155 Likes on 901 Posts

The funniest part is he still seems mad that he was wrong.
Old 11-09-14, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
The funniest part is he still seems mad that he was wrong.
Old 11-09-14, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
He can easily convince himself of this once and for all...go first thing Tuesday morning to his local Best Buy store, go to the new release section and he can see it right before his very eyes if he needs any more convincing or have them bring it from the back and have them open the box up and he can take pictures if he needs to of the said sets. It can't be that hard for him, or can it?
Old 11-09-14, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do yourself a favor, friend: read back through this thread. As the release of this set is mere hours away and many peoples' copies are en route (mine is) ask yourself if the stand you took was rational or sensible or right in any way.

I'm not joking when I say this: I believe you have it in you to admit what we all know, and I think all the people who witnessed all of it would actually respect you if you did.
If you really want to get into this again, I'll play along. I would advise you to read the thread again and tell me where I said that this release wasn't coming out. I simply didnt put much stock in the word of a mere cable comedian on this release, and simply asked for some verification from the studio. You seem strangely hung up on me waiting for actual studio verification from the studio on this, for some odd reason. We had been, after all, burned on this before.
Old 11-09-14, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I simply didnt put much stock in the word of a mere cable comedian on this release, and simply asked for some verification from the studio.
Right. Because this "mere cable comedian" isn't someone remotely connected to Hollywood, nor does he have an office on the studio lot of the company that would be behind the release.
Originally Posted by rmw650
He can easily convince himself of this once and for all...go first thing Tuesday morning to his local Best Buy store, go to the new release section and he can see it right before his very eyes if he needs any more convincing or have them bring it from the back and have them open the box up and he can take pictures if he needs to of the said sets. It can't be that hard for him, or can it?
It would mean more if Conan personally delivered it to his house.
Old 11-09-14, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you really want to get into this again, I'll play along. I would advise you to read the thread again and tell me where I said that this release wasn't coming out. I simply didnt put much stock in the word of a mere cable comedian on this release, and simply asked for some verification from the studio. You seem strangely hung up on me waiting for actual studio verification from the studio on this, for some odd reason. We had been, after all, burned on this before.
Well I thought you were mature enough to admit you were wrong. That means I was wrong. See what I just did there? It really wasn't the least bit difficult.
Old 11-09-14, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

It was verified with the studio mere hours after the photo was tweeted.
Old 11-09-14, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

I just thought I'd check in this thread to see if there were any reviews or useful information about the set that comes out this week, but instead I find the same exact arguments by the same exact poster that were going on 5 months ago are still going on
Old 11-10-14, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I thought you were mature enough to admit you were wrong. That means I was wrong. See what I just did there? It really wasn't the least bit difficult.
So, please tell me how exactly I was wrong.
And while you're at it, why are you so concerned with whether or not I believed Conan? You seem to have some personal stake in this, what with the way you seem to not let it go.
Old 11-10-14, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by The Antipodean
I just thought I'd check in this thread to see if there were any reviews or useful information about the set that comes out this week, but instead I find the same exact arguments by the same exact poster that were going on 5 months ago are still going on
Mod note: Agreed... this thread is done. Someone feel free to start a new thread w/ reviews and useful info now that the set is actually coming out.

Leave the crap from this thread in this thread though