DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The 5th Annual Academy Award Challenge (1/27 - 2/27) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/584543-5th-annual-academy-award-challenge-1-27-2-27-a.html)

The Monkees 01-13-11 10:23 PM

The 5th Annual Academy Award Challenge (1/27 - 2/27)

The 5th Annual Academy Award Movie Challenge

Official Rules

-ANY movie that has been NOMINATED or WON an Academy Award counts

-There is NO time limit, meaning it doesn't matter how long or short the item in question is, as long as it has been nominated or won an Academy Award

-You can watch a movie once then count it again if you watch the same film with a commentary

-There WILL BE a separate thread for LISTS ONLY created shortly before the challenge begins.

-You can count the actual Academy Awards Ceremony to be televised on Sunday February 27, 2011 as an entry if you'd like.

-As last year there will be a "In Memoriam" Wild Card option. You can select up to 10 films to watch featuring a celebrity that died during 2010. But only ONE movie per celebrity. For example: You can watch "Easy Rider" to honor Dennis Hopper but you cannot watch another Dennis Hopper movie unless another celebrity that died during 2010 is in it. If that makes sense... The celebrity has to have died in 2010.

-The challenge begins on Thursday January 27, 2011 at 12:00am CST and will end at 11:59pm on Sunday February 27, 2011

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, REMEMBER TO NUMBER YOUR LISTS

Past Challenges

2010 Rules & Discussion Thread
2010 Lists Thread
2009 Rules & Discussion Thread
2009 Lists Thread
2008 Rules & Discussion Thread
2008 Lists Thread
2007 Rules & Discussion Thread
2007 Lists Thread

External Links

TCM's 31 Days of Oscar Schedule
Academy Award Database ---> To check if a movie has been nominated or won an Award
2010 In Memoriam List ---> To See Who Died During 2010

Spoiler:
Checklist

Watch a Film Winner From the Following Decades:

--- 1920:
--- 1930:
--- 1940:
--- 1950:
--- 1960:
--- 1970:
--- 1980:
--- 1990:
--- 2000:

Watch a Winner from the Following Categories:

--- Best Picture:
--- Best Actor:
--- Best Actress:
--- Best Supporting Actor:
--- Best Supporting Actress:
--- Best Director:
--- Best Original Screenplay:
--- Best Adapted Screenplay:
--- Best Art Direction:
--- Best Film Editing:
--- Best Costume Design:
--- Best Original Score:
--- Best Original Song:
--- Best Makeup:
--- Best Foriegn Language Film:
--- Best Animated Film:
--- Best Animated Short:
--- Best Live Action Short:
--- Best Cinematography:
--- Best Sound:
--- Best Sound Effects Editing (or Best Sound Editing):
--- Best Visual Effects:
--- Best Documentary Feature:
--- Best Documentary (Short Subject):

Watch a Movie with the Following Rating:

--- G:
--- PG:
--- PG-13:
--- R:
--- Not Rated

CardiffGiant 01-13-11 11:03 PM

Re: The 5th Annual Academy Award Challenge (1/27 - 2/27)

Looking forward to it. Thanks for putting this together again.

I completed the checklist last year, so I might pass on it this year, but I'm still undecided. I'm definitely looking forward to checking some more titles off my personal "never seen" list.

davidh777 01-13-11 11:17 PM

Just jumped into challenges in 2009 so I'm going to try this one as well, if only to knock off a few unwatcheds like All About Eve (it qualifies, right?).

EDIT: I guess it qualifies, with six wins and eight noms :lol:

Greg MacGuffin 01-13-11 11:42 PM

Looking forward to it. One of my favorite challenges.

Travis McClain 01-14-11 02:29 AM

I'm still hip deep in the TV on DVD* Challenge so this seems really distant to me right now. It should be interesting to see how it works, going from a month of almost exclusively watching TV shows to watching Academy Award-caliber movies. I can already tell you I have two goals for this. First, to complete the checklist which I came thisclose to doing last year, and secondly to (finally!) see Saving Private Ryan. Also, this year I'll have access to the Netflix streaming library and that should make it a lot easier to complete some of the checklist items that aren't well represented in my own library.

lisadoris 01-14-11 05:33 AM

I've already starting thinking about this challenge. I finished the checklist last year and I'm going to try to do that again (those 1920s films are hard to find). I'm also going to try to watch 20 titles I haven't seen before.

Ash Ketchum 01-14-11 06:26 AM

The wording in the rules makes it unclear about films that were awarded Oscars, but didn't win them. Can you clarify that? For instance, for many years, right up until 1955, the Best Foreign Film was awarded by the Academy Board of Governors, but not voted on by the membership. It was an Honorary Oscar. E.g. Akira Kurosawa's RASHOMON. I'm assuming those films will still count, but I'm hoping you'll change the wording to "awarded" rather than "won."

On a related note, Honorary Oscars often went to performers for specific films. For instance, in 1960, Hayley Mills got an Honorary Oscar for her performance in POLLYANNA, "the most outstanding juvenile performance during 1960." Yet POLLYANNA wasn't nominated in any categories. I think we should be able to include POLLYANNA and many similar films, cited in Honorary Oscars, but not in any nomination categories, in our viewing tallies. Whaddaya say?

lisadoris 01-14-11 07:59 AM

I always assumed honorary/special awards could be included - I know I've watched Fantasia as part of the challenge before and no one said anything. My rule of thumb is: if it's included in the official Academy Award Database, it's fair game (if you search for Pollyanna in the database it comes up). In this case awarded might be a better verb for the rules than won.

davidh777 01-14-11 08:50 AM

Or "received" :shrug:

CardiffGiant 01-14-11 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 10589318)
The wording in the rules makes it unclear about films that were awarded Oscars, but didn't win them. Can you clarify that? For instance, for many years, right up until 1955, the Best Foreign Film was awarded by the Academy Board of Governors, but not voted on by the membership. It was an Honorary Oscar. E.g. Akira Kurosawa's RASHOMON. I'm assuming those films will still count, but I'm hoping you'll change the wording to "awarded" rather than "won."

On a related note, Honorary Oscars often went to performers for specific films. For instance, in 1960, Hayley Mills got an Honorary Oscar for her performance in POLLYANNA, "the most outstanding juvenile performance during 1960." Yet POLLYANNA wasn't nominated in any categories. I think we should be able to include POLLYANNA and many similar films, cited in Honorary Oscars, but not in any nomination categories, in our viewing tallies. Whaddaya say?

Post #92 to Post #99 here discusses it not counting for the checklists, but we never really got into a discussion about whether it counts overall.

I agree with davidh777 that anything that received and Oscar would be fair game, but that's just my opinion. I think when it comes to challenges, a great deal is left up to the viewer. Personally, I decide on my movies based on The Monkees link to the Academy Award Database. I either type in some films that I'm planning on watching and see if they were nominated or I will just click a category and go through the years and see which interesting films I've yet to see.

Some checklists have no interest to me at all, but this one always intrigues me because the feeling of accomplishment spans decades and a long list of awards. The only real frustrating thing on the list for me is the Documentary Short Subject (because they are so hard to find...although last year I was able to find "A Year Toward Tomorrow" and watch that). Obviously, I'm not calling for its exclusion, but just talking about the difficulty of that category. For the short subjects, it might be good to place links in our lists (and/or on the discussion board) to help each other out.

Giles 01-14-11 10:03 AM

reserved! oh wait this is the DISCUSSION thread

The Monkees 01-14-11 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by lisadoris (Post 10589365)
I always assumed honorary/special awards could be included - I know I've watched Fantasia as part of the challenge before and no one said anything. My rule of thumb is: if it's included in the official Academy Award Database, it's fair game (if you search for Pollyanna in the database it comes up). In this case awarded might be a better verb for the rules than won.

Yep. Anything that was awarded, won, given, or whatever can be included. I think I counted Snow White one year and that didn't win anything but Walt Disney was given an Award for achievement or whatever, so yeah if it's on the Database it's all good!

Ash Ketchum 01-14-11 10:35 AM

I think one useful part of the checklist would be for participants to try to see every Best Picture winner they haven't yet seen. Of classic Best Picture winners, I'm left only with CAVALCADE (1933), which I taped once off Fox Movie Channel, and A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS (1966). I have more to catch up with from recent decades: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT, DRIVING MISS DAISY, CHARIOTS OF FIRE, THE ENGLISH PATIENT, and CRASH, none of which I have on tape or DVD.

I realize that it's easy for me to suggest something like this since I'm in a more enviable position than most of you, having seen so many Best Picture winners when they played regularly on TV as I was growing up in the pre-cable, pre-video era, or, when I was in college, at revival theaters. And I've actually made more of an effort in recent years to catch up on ones I hadn't seen, e.g. THE GREAT ZIEGFELD, AMADEUS, OUT OF AFRICA, and, only three months ago, CIMARRON (1931). (I watched three of these on VHS, one on DVD.)

Travis McClain 01-14-11 11:25 AM

A handy pair of checklists of winners, for those who use such resources:

ICheckMovies - Academy Award Best Pictures
ICheckMovies - Academy Award Best Foreign Pictures

As always, the links go to my lists so you can mock how far behind I am (or, you know, you can friend me over there if that's your bag). It would be a lot more helpful if other Oscar-based lists were there (actor, actress, etc.) but for now these two are it. The Best Foreign Pictures is probably the more helpful as I suspect many of us aren't even sure which titles to search for in the Oscars database.

Regarding the Documentary Short Subject field, last year I had to settle for streaming Women--for America, for the World in five parts from YouTube. It calls out for a MST3K commentary, just because it's a microcosm of all that was wrong with 1980s fashion for self-respecting women. The pleated blouses, high hair, shoulder pads...it's pretty bad. Otherwise, it's a nearly mind-numbing aggregate of interviews arguing against the usual Evils of Mankind (war, greed, exploitation). I, of course, agree with their ideals but I felt like I'd just sat through a job training video. In other words, I would advise streaming it if and only if you're absolutely desperate for that last check mark.

jmsmath 01-14-11 11:56 AM

I'm in again for this year. It's always an enjoyable challenge for me because every genre is covered.

By golly, I AM going to watch all three Godfather movies this year even if it means I only watch three movies!!!

CardiffGiant 01-14-11 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 10589544)
I think one useful part of the checklist would be for participants to try to see every Best Picture winner they haven't yet seen. Of classic Best Picture winners, I'm left only with CAVALCADE (1933), which I taped once off Fox Movie Channel, and A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS (1966). I have more to catch up with from recent decades: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT, DRIVING MISS DAISY, CHARIOTS OF FIRE, THE ENGLISH PATIENT, and CRASH, none of which I have on tape or DVD.

I realize that it's easy for me to suggest something like this since I'm in a more enviable position than most of you, having seen so many Best Picture winners when they played regularly on TV as I was growing up in the pre-cable, pre-video era, or, when I was in college, at revival theaters. And I've actually made more of an effort in recent years to catch up on ones I hadn't seen, e.g. THE GREAT ZIEGFELD, AMADEUS, OUT OF AFRICA, and, only three months ago, CIMARRON (1931). (I watched three of these on VHS, one on DVD.)

I like the spirit of this idea, but there's no way I'd be able to pull it off in one month (unless I start shortening the list now). I have 39 left to go and I have no desire to watch at least a few of them (LOTR, Chicago). I always try to watch new things that I haven't seen and I usually have some vague personal goal of about 50/50 seen/unseen.

CardiffGiant 01-14-11 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 10589617)
A handy pair of checklists of winners, for those who use such resources:

ICheckMovies - Academy Award Best Pictures
ICheckMovies - Academy Award Best Foreign Pictures

As always, the links go to my lists so you can mock how far behind I am (or, you know, you can friend me over there if that's your bag). It would be a lot more helpful if other Oscar-based lists were there (actor, actress, etc.) but for now these two are it. The Best Foreign Pictures is probably the more helpful as I suspect many of us aren't even sure which titles to search for in the Oscars database.

Regarding the Documentary Short Subject field, last year I had to settle for streaming Women--for America, for the World in five parts from YouTube. It calls out for a MST3K commentary, just because it's a microcosm of all that was wrong with 1980s fashion for self-respecting women. The pleated blouses, high hair, shoulder pads...it's pretty bad. Otherwise, it's a nearly mind-numbing aggregate of interviews arguing against the usual Evils of Mankind (war, greed, exploitation). I, of course, agree with their ideals but I felt like I'd just sat through a job training video. In other words, I would advise streaming it if and only if you're absolutely desperate for that last check mark.

Thanks for the info about Documentary (Short Subject). The one I watched wasn't very good either...probably could get some MST3K on that as well. IIRC, it was on YouTube as well.

I will echo the helpfulness of the icheckmovies checklists. MinLShaw introduced me to the website (during the Criterion Challenge) and it's a good way to keep track of what you have left to watch in a given category. Those interested in "friending" me as well, my name is the same as this site: CardiffGiant

So, if we have an overlap of two challenges, is it safe to assume that we could technically watch Fanny and Alexander (the Television Version) and have it count for both? It's the only one I can think of off the top of my head that might count for both.

Travis McClain 01-14-11 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by CardiffGiant (Post 10589826)
I like the spirit of this idea, but there's no way I'd be able to pull it off in one month (unless I start shortening the list now). I have 39 left to go and I have no desire to watch at least a few of them (LOTR, Chicago). I always try to watch new things that I haven't seen and I usually have some vague personal goal of about 50/50 seen/unseen.

Re: Chicago - I'm not generally big on musicals, but I kinda liked this one. I don't know your taste well enough to know what, if any, elements might appeal to you but I got a kick out of a number performed by Queen Latifah in prison.

I don't have a formula for this year, but I'm going to try to either watch movies I haven't seen before or, if I'm going to re-watch something to try to do it with a previously-unplayed commentary track so I'm at least getting something new out of it. I also suspect I'll watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid yet again simply because I love it and it qualifies. Also, I'm keeping an eye out for a good deal on Up in the Air on Blu-ray, which was the only title I saw last year on the big screen. I recently read Walter Kirn's novel and am wanting to revisit the film version, armed with my new perceptions and insights.

Travis McClain 01-14-11 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by CardiffGiant (Post 10589844)
So, if we have an overlap of two challenges, is it safe to assume that we could technically watch Fanny and Alexander (the Television Version) and have it count for both? It's the only one I can think of off the top of my head that might count for both.

You know, as host of the TV on DVD* Challenge it didn't even cross my mind that there might be a title or two out there that would be eligible for both. Absolutely, you can count it as far as I'm concerned. I'll have to poke my head around the web and see if I can identify any others. Thanks for bringing this up!

CardiffGiant 01-14-11 02:50 PM

I found this one today. Short subject documentary winner from 2001. Also available on DVD from Netflix. I haven't seen this and I'll probably watch it for this year's challenge. If it's helpful, I can keep posting others that I find along the way...just let me know.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vGVGwpxg7yA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vGVGwpxg7yA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Giles 01-14-11 03:04 PM

here in DC the West End Cinema is denoting that the Oscar Documentary Shorts will open on February 11

Darth Maher 01-14-11 04:48 PM

I'm gonna watch what I can. I had a ton of fun last year... and I have plenty of movies that I still need to get to.

yoshimi 01-14-11 05:26 PM

I would enter but I would rather have a cheese grater taken to my ball sack than watch The English Patient again.

Indy24LA 01-14-11 08:13 PM

I've been buying movies all year waiting for this challenge.

Corey31 01-15-11 12:30 PM

For the "In Memoriam" Wild Card, does the film have to have been nominated for an Oscar? If so Easy Rider is a bad choice for an example, as it was nominated for 2.

Something like say... Super Mario Bros. would be a better example for Dennis Hopper.

Mondo Kane 01-15-11 12:45 PM

(Cardiff & MinL, check your pms at icheck)

I'll give this one a go. And as usual for me, there will be a lot of first-time-viewings planned.

lisadoris 01-15-11 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Corey31 (Post 10591072)
For the "In Memoriam" Wild Card, does the film have to have been nominated for an Oscar? If so Easy Rider is a bad choice for an example, as it was nominated for 2.

Something like say... Super Mario Bros. would be a better example for Dennis Hopper.

If I remember the rules correctly Super Mario Bros would work for the Wild Card. As long as the cast or crew is on the memoriam list, the fact that the movie wasn't nominated for or awarded an Oscar doesn't matter.

KaBluie 01-15-11 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 10589858)
You know, as host of the TV on DVD* Challenge it didn't even cross my mind that there might be a title or two out there that would be eligible for both. Absolutely, you can count it as far as I'm concerned. I'll have to poke my head around the web and see if I can identify any others. Thanks for bringing this up!

"Twilight Zone" An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge (1964)

CardiffGiant 01-15-11 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 10589853)
Re: Chicago - I'm not generally big on musicals, but I kinda liked this one. I don't know your taste well enough to know what, if any, elements might appeal to you but I got a kick out of a number performed by Queen Latifah in prison.

I noticed that it's on Netflix Streaming...added to Instant Queue. If I don't like it, at least I still have checked off another Best Picture winner. I rarely enjoy musicals, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 10589858)

No problem. Here's how I got there: During the Criterion Challenge I wanted to watch Fanny and Alexander the Television version, but ran low on time. I said, I'll catch it during the Holiday Challenge (takes place during that time of year), then I didn't participate. Then, I said, TV Challenge, but I still haven't watched it. It's one of my favorite films (in my top 5), but it's around 4-5 hours and usually requires two nights of viewing for me.

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane (Post 10591097)
(Cardiff & MinL, check your pms at icheck)

Added.

Originally Posted by KaBluie (Post 10591307)
"Twilight Zone" An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge (1964)

For those looking for a short film, this is a great choice. I first saw this in high school and I now teach it in my own course. It's a great adaptation of a great story (and you can find it on YouTube). This was picked up by Twilight Zone after it was already made because Twilight Zone was running low on money and used something that was already produced. Great acting and great visuals.

The Monkees 01-16-11 12:10 AM

I'm confused with why people are asking about TV versions of movies. This challenge is specifically reserved for Academy Award nominated or winners for film. No awards are given out for TV, forgive me if I am missing something. As for the "In Memorium" wild card I'm going to have to say that it stay reserved for films and not include TV episodes or anything, it's just going to get too hectic with that.

And yes, ANY film from the deceased person's filmography will count, so you can "Super Mario Bros." for Dennis Hopper, I just picked "Easy Rider" because it was the first film I could think of for Dennis Hopper.

Travis McClain 01-16-11 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees (Post 10592218)
I'm confused with why people are asking about TV versions of movies. This challenge is specifically reserved for Academy Award nominated or winners for film. No awards are given out for TV, forgive me if I am missing something.

Academy Award winning Fanny and Alexander was originally presented as a four-episode television event in Sweden. The Academy Awards recognized the theatrical cut, which omitted two hours of material. You can read more from the Criterion website here.

As for An Occurrence at Owl Creek, it was a French short film that was later presented as an episode of The Twilight Zone. You can read more from Wikipedia here.

In both instances, the Academy Awards recognized a different cut than was presented on television. Ultimately, it's no different a choice for a viewer than a theatrical vs. extended cut, but because these two cuts were specifically made for television, they have the rare distinction of having dual membership in these two challenges.

The Monkees 01-16-11 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 10592242)
Academy Award winning Fanny and Alexander was originally presented as a four-episode television event in Sweden. The Academy Awards recognized the theatrical cut, which omitted two hours of material. You can read more from the Criterion website here.

As for An Occurrence at Owl Creek, it was a French short film that was later presented as an episode of The Twilight Zone. You can read more from Wikipedia here.

In both instances, the Academy Awards recognized a different cut than was presented on television. Ultimately, it's no different a choice for a viewer than a theatrical vs. extended cut, but because these two cuts were specifically made for television, they have the rare distinction of having dual membership in these two challenges.

I guess the Fanny and Alexander thing is an okay entry, but Twilight Zone seems to be stretching it a bit.

Ash Ketchum 01-16-11 09:42 AM

I found another one that's eligible for both the TV on DVD and Academy Award challenges:
"Man in Space"
It's on the Walt Disney Treasures: Tomorrowland DVD box set. It first aired on the Disneyland TV show on March 9, 1955, but was released theatrically the following year and was nominated for a Best Documentary Short Oscar for 1956.

I've already seen it for the TV on DVD challenge.

CardiffGiant 01-16-11 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees (Post 10592386)
I guess the Fanny and Alexander thing is an okay entry, but Twilight Zone seems to be stretching it a bit.

Now, I'm confused. An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge won an Academy Award for short film, then The Twilight Zone used that exact Academy Award nominated film on its show. How is that ineligible for either (especially this challenge)? I'm just curious, do you think it's ineligible for the Academy Award Challenge or the TV on DVD Challenge? It won an Academy Award and we have some members that have been watching The Twilight Zone Seasons on DVD in the other Challenge.

I honestly don't care as I might not even "use" any of the cross-listed titles, but I'm not sure why they wouldn't count for both. If anything, I think having cross-listed titles can help participation in both Challenges: people won't leave the TV on DVD one early and/or won't come to the Academy Award one late.

Undeadcow 01-16-11 01:46 PM

The Last Emperor (1987) might be eligible for TV and Academy Award Challenge overlap also.

Travis McClain 01-16-11 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Monkees (Post 10592386)

Originally Posted by CardiffGiant (Post 10592508)
Now, I'm confused. An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge won an Academy Award for short film, then The Twilight Zone used that exact Academy Award nominated film on its show. How is that ineligible for either (especially this challenge)? I'm just curious, do you think it's ineligible for the Academy Award Challenge or the TV on DVD Challenge? It won an Academy Award and we have some members that have been watching The Twilight Zone Seasons on DVD in the other Challenge.

I'm with CardiffGiant on this. (Maybe if we had Criterion make the case for Owl Creek it would be "an okay entry?)" As for its eligibility, I can only tell you it's A-OK for the TV on DVD* Challenge.

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum (Post 10592448)
I found another one that's eligible for both the TV on DVD and Academy Award challenges:
"Man in Space"
It's on the Walt Disney Treasures: Tomorrowland DVD box set. It first aired on the Disneyland TV show on March 9, 1955, but was released theatrically the following year and was nominated for a Best Documentary Short Oscar for 1956.

I've already seen it for the TV on DVD challenge.

Good to know! This little subset is particularly fascinating.

Originally Posted by Undeadcow (Post 10592782)
The Last Emperor (1987) might be eligible for TV and Academy Award Challenge overlap also.

I just perused its Wikipedia page and didn't see anything about its relationship with television. Could you expand on this suggestion?

Undeadcow 01-16-11 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 10592836)
I just perused its Wikipedia page and didn't see anything about its relationship with television. Could you expand on this suggestion?

There is an extended television version of The Last Emperor (1987). The material added to the theatrical release makes a 218 television cut (versus 160 minute theatrical release).

Doc Moonlight 01-17-11 10:59 AM

One person I wanted to honor in the "In Memoriam" section is Bill Mullin, the D-Day piper whose story is depicted as part of THE LONGEST DAY, and who passed last year. THE LONGEST DAY certainly has enough nominations to qualify for the challenge, so I thought I'd just add Mullin's RIP after the title, but it does introduce a question about the In Memoriam option: should the option be expanded to include non-film personnel who are the subject of biographies that have passed during the year?

Regulus 01-17-11 12:02 PM

Since today is "Have some Cheese with your Whine Day". :lol: Tonight I've decided to watch my copy of the Movie that has the 1947 Best Song Award! rotfl

Travis McClain 01-17-11 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Undeadcow (Post 10593313)
There is an extended television version of The Last Emperor (1987). The material added to the theatrical release makes a 218 television cut (versus 160 minute theatrical release).

I saw that there was an extended cut, but didn't see that it was produced that way expressly for television. So that brings us up to four titles with dual citizenship, no?