DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Harry Potter Ultimate Editions Question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/580942-harry-potter-ultimate-editions-question.html)

james2025a 10-20-10 07:51 AM

Harry Potter Ultimate Editions Question

I am really liking the look of these Blu Rays, however what are the chances of all these being put together in a massive collection once all the movies have come out? What do you guys think? Is it worth getting them now or should i wait and see?

MrSmearkase 10-20-10 08:38 AM

Re: Harry Potter Ultimate Editions Question

Originally Posted by james2025a (Post 10440944)
I am really liking the look of these Blu Rays, however what are the chances of all these being put together in a massive collection once all the movies have come out?

100% likely

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 10-20-10 10:47 AM

Each time a new movie has come out, there's always been another box set that people seem to buy, for some reason.

Mr.Briggs 10-20-10 10:57 AM

I am really liking the look of these Blu Rays, however what are the chances of all these being put together in a massive collection once all the movies have come out? What do you guys think? Is it worth getting them now or should i wait and see?

I say get em now. There only doing 2 a year which means 5 & 6 come out next year & Deathly Hallows parts 1 & 2 Ultimate will come out 2012. Who wants to wait until 2013 for a box set? Not me.

smurr05 10-20-10 05:57 PM

I'll wait till they are all done and get the inevitable monster box set uber edition!:)

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 10-20-10 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by smurr05 (Post 10442203)
I'll wait till they are all done and get the inevitable monster box set uber edition!:)

I bet that within a couple of years of the first box set with the very last movie, they come out with an ever better one.

joltman 10-21-10 06:53 AM

I guess the only good answer is to wait until you only have one day to live, that way a better version definitely won't be released in your lifetime.

Mr.Briggs 10-21-10 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 10443081)
I guess the only good answer is to wait until you only have one day to live, that way a better version definitely won't be released in your lifetime.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

davidh777 10-23-10 12:39 PM

I picked up #3 and went to download the Digital Copy because if I don't do it right away I never do it. Unlike previous editions, the Digital Copy was not on a separate disc, which I don't mind. If we're going to itunes anyway, why do we need a physical disc, right? But the link to wbdigitalcopy/harrypotter3ue was dead, and scrolling through the selections at wbdigitalcopy.com showed the first two Potter ultimates but not the third and fourth. I'll check again later, but this is looking like a big fail four days after street.

The Lizard King 12-08-10 05:37 PM

Crap! The digital copy code paper for my Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Ultimate Edition (the 2nd movie) came with a Sorceror's Stone code, instead of a Chamber of Secrets code. :( I couldn't figure out why iTunes kept telling me that the code was invalid until I looked at the piece of paper carefully and it was for the 1st movie, not the 2nd one. If anyone here is kind enough to PM me their digital copy code for the 2nd movie, I would be most appreciative and I will do you a solid favor in the future. It's somewhat urgent, since the digital copy code expires today, 12/8. Thanks.

TLK :cool:

laserdogg 12-08-10 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs (Post 10441228)
I say get em now. There only doing 2 a year which means 5 & 6 come out next year & Deathly Hallows parts 1 & 2 Ultimate will come out 2012. Who wants to wait until 2013 for a box set? Not me.

I want them now as well, I think the packaging is great and don't want to wait for who knows what they'll put together at the end....besides, I can always buy them again.

calhoun07 12-08-10 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by smurr05 (Post 10442203)

I am waiting for that uber edition, and hopefully on a good DOTD on amazon.com!

The Lizard King 12-08-10 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Lizard King (Post 10534184)
Crap! The digital copy code paper for my Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Ultimate Edition (the 2nd movie) came with a Sorceror's Stone code, instead of a Chamber of Secrets code. :( I couldn't figure out why iTunes kept telling me that the code was invalid until I looked at the piece of paper carefully and it was for the 1st movie, not the 2nd one. If anyone here is kind enough to PM me their digital copy code for the 2nd movie, I would be most appreciative and I will do you a solid favor in the future. It's somewhat urgent, since the digital copy code expires today, 12/8. Thanks.

Two kind members sent me their codes. Thanks!

Mr.Briggs 12-08-10 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Lizard King (Post 10534307)
Two kind members sent me their codes. Thanks!

Glad you got them. I was going to send you mine, if you'd needed it.

The Lizard King 12-08-10 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs (Post 10534334)
Glad you got them. I was going to send you mine, if you'd needed it.

Thanks. I only needed one, but two members sent me their codes at virtually identical times.

TheRealJoeBen 12-05-13 09:12 PM

So are all these Ultimate Editions going out of print now? The blu-ray of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Ultimate edition is $135 on Amazon from a marketplace seller followed by Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at $75.

Josh-da-man 12-06-13 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by TheRealJoeBen (Post 11935700)
So are all these Ultimate Editions going out of print now? The blu-ray of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Ultimate edition is $135 on Amazon from a marketplace seller followed by Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at $75.

I remember two years ago that WB announced all of the Harry Potter movies would be going out of print.

Since the DVDs and blu-rays are still readily available and have, to my knowledge, never actually been unavailable in the two years since the announcement, I'd assume that there's still plenty of stock out there. They were selling for $1.96 and $3.96 at Wal-Mart's Black Friday sale this year.

The Ultimate Editions are probably just now becoming unavailable.

TheRealJoeBen 12-08-13 11:01 PM

Ah, I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up.