DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   All in the Family Season 7 "COMING SOON" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/575594-all-family-season-7-coming-soon.html)

johnbook 06-23-10 08:55 PM

All in the Family Season 7 "COMING SOON"

All in the Family fans REJOICE, It's been a long 3 years, Shout factory has picked up the rights to season 7 and will be releasing it in the the future, about f=====g time.

dan31655 06-23-10 09:02 PM

Re: All in the Family Season 7 "COMING SOON"

Shout Factory saving the day again. Ever since beaver was announced I was waiting for this.

calhoun07 06-23-10 09:23 PM

About freaking time. I can't believe that show was dropped in the first place. It is an American classic.

I wonder if Shout will ever revisit shows that were released but were so poorly done the fans didn't buy them, such as WKRP and Bosom Buddies. I'd love to see reissues of those shows with all the music intact.

bobert3 06-23-10 10:21 PM

This makes my day!

rmw650 06-24-10 12:32 AM

I'd like for them to finish off Mork and Mindy, Green Acres and Charlie's Angels and MTM once and for all as well as Belvedere.

johnbook 06-24-10 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 10229531)
I'd like for them to finish off Mork and Mindy, Green Acres and Charlie's Angels and MTM once and for all as well as Belvedere.

Yeah Welcome Back Kotter and Fantasy Island are a couple i would love for them to pick up and finish off.

RobCA 06-24-10 01:01 AM

I hope they get the rights to The Jeffersons; I'd love to get the five remaining seasons.

Rob

Boba Fett 06-24-10 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by calhoun07 (Post 10229316)
About freaking time. I can't believe that show was dropped in the first place. It is an American classic.

I wonder if Shout will ever revisit shows that were released but were so poorly done the fans didn't buy them, such as WKRP and Bosom Buddies. I'd love to see reissues of those shows with all the music intact.

WKRP is a simple case of a studio not wanting to risk bad sales costing them big money over licensing.

L Chabert Lover 06-24-10 08:08 AM

WOW, just when you think a TV series is dead on DVD...

Awesome news! Isn't "Archie and the Draft Dodger" a season 7 episode? Hopefully, Shout! Factory will not only release seasons 7-9 of All in the Family, but seasons 2-4 of Archie Bunker's Place as well, as it is esentially the same show, just continued under a different title with a different setting and some extra characters.

mike07 06-24-10 10:20 AM

I'm looking forward to seasons 7-9 of this show. I was fortunate enough to get the first 6 seasons for free from that Pepsi promo a year or two ago, but would be more than willing to pay for the remaining 3 seasons.

OT: A little too lazy to walk into my media room to look myself, but aren't the first 6 seasons released by two different companies? Sony and Paramount, I think...

hasslein 06-24-10 01:21 PM

Great news, I really want the Christmas episode from season 8 when Archie & Mike fight with the Kung Fu fighter toys.. Glad I held off buying 1-6, so I can keep the packaging consitant. Wonder if I'll need to scramble to find the first release boxes, or just pick up the newly released clear amaray versions...

kstublen 06-24-10 04:58 PM

Amazing news. I've been wanting to get the show on DVD, but held off in the hopes that one day there might be a Complete Series Set, but finishing it off is just as good!

Bacon 06-24-10 05:04 PM

only 3+ years after season 6

at this pace we might finish the series on DVD by 2016
I'll buy it but still the long wait is ridiculous

kstublen 06-24-10 06:18 PM

All hail the great people at Shout! for keeping The Seventh Season's packaging consistent with previous releases (or at least the ones that are on the shelves now)!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics...eFamily_S7.jpg

(Courtesy of TVShowsOnDVD.Com)

Release Date: October 5th

smurr05 06-24-10 06:49 PM

Yeah it is about time! This news made my Day!!!:banana:

rmw650 06-25-10 03:37 PM

Thank goodness for Shout Factory... a company that actually cares about its fanbase.

Now...release the remaining Green Acres seasons and the final seasons of the shows I mentioned above. GREAT JOB SHOUT!

Boba Fett 06-25-10 03:59 PM

Am I the only one who thought the show was dreadful after Season 8? Mike and Gloria left and were replaced by that annoying little girl Archie and Edith took in.

calhoun07 06-25-10 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett (Post 10232549)
Am I the only one who thought the show was dreadful after Season 8? Mike and Gloria left and were replaced by that annoying little girl Archie and Edith took in.

It lost it's magic a bit but the episodes were OK. Way better than Archie's Place or Gloria. I have to get them because I am a collector and I need the series to get to the finale.

Boba Fett 06-25-10 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07 (Post 10233130)
It lost it's magic a bit but the episodes were OK. Way better than Archie's Place or Gloria. I have to get them because I am a collector and I need the series to get to the finale.

Fair enough. I always thought the season 8 finale felt like a series finale. Wasn't the series finale the episode where Edith was making dinner for St. Patrick's Day and nearly died?

I know the show was rebranded as Archie's Place, which, with the exception of one episode is better left forgotten.

L Chabert Lover 06-26-10 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by supermike07 (Post 10230061)
OT: A little too lazy to walk into my media room to look myself, but aren't the first 6 seasons released by two different companies? Sony and Paramount, I think...

No, Columbia Tristar/Sony released the first six seasons.