DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Star Trek Voyager bootleg question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/574701-star-trek-voyager-bootleg-question.html)

valtane 06-03-10 01:55 PM

Star Trek Voyager bootleg question

Can anyone tell me if these are, in fact bootlegs? Or possibly foreign (non-US). If so... from where? Any help would be appreciated.. thanks!

I can't post links because I haven't been here long enough... so i had to take out the dots. sorry.

www boomspeed com/neueregel/369062689_o jpg

www boomspeed com/neueregel/369062700_o jpg

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 06-03-10 03:18 PM

Re: Star Trek Voyager bootleg question

Where did you get them from?

What region are the DVD?

Have you looked on Amazon to see what the packaging looks like?

I did discover that the bar code is the same one used for a Friends set from Sweden.

pilot 06-03-10 06:01 PM

looks like a bootleg to me.

Slainery 06-03-10 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by pilot (Post 10193004)
looks like a bootleg to me.

+1

bboisvert 06-03-10 10:53 PM

Looks like a boot to me... and a search on the UPC says that it belongs to an overseas release of "Friends: Series 9"

valtane 06-04-10 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers (Post 10192702)
Where did you get them from?

What region are the DVD?

Have you looked on Amazon to see what the packaging looks like?

I did discover that the bar code is the same one used for a Friends set from Sweden.

It was off Ebay. I haven't actually received the set yet but after looking at the pictures more closely it doesn't look like an official release. The back picture looks like it's region 1 which is weird because I think I heard most bootlegs are 0.

bboisvert 06-04-10 09:29 AM

They could print Region 26 on the back. Doesn't mean that is what's actually on the discs.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 06-04-10 10:04 AM

Does anyone know of any cases where two legit products share the same bar code? I'm sure it's possible but can't think of anything.

That'sAllFolks 06-05-10 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers (Post 10193947)
Does anyone know of any cases where two legit products share the same bar code? I'm sure it's possible but can't think of anything.

The only thing I can think of is PD releases. Some companies reuse bar codes there.

rw2516 06-05-10 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers (Post 10193947)

They reuse bar codes all the time with cds. A new cd may have the bar code of an older discontinued issue of a cd. The bar codes on the very first cd issues of Led Zeppelin cds are now on other cds.

hindolio 06-06-10 12:33 AM

i thought for a while, a lot of bootlegs shared the same upc?