Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Glee - The Complete First Season DVD Details

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-10, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glee - The Complete First Season DVD Details

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/05/19/ex...vd-first-look/

Well it looks like they're giving us what we want, a full season set. Sorry to all ya'll who bought the volume one dvds. You will get a $10 rebate if you visit www.gleebatedvd.com after June 1st when you sent in your proof of purchase. I'm so excited for this release.

Old 05-19-10, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Glee - The Complete First Season DVD Details

An instant purchase! Looks like some nice extras on there.
Old 05-19-10, 11:14 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

and it's on bluray too - cool!
Old 05-20-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

69.99 retail GOD DAMN (yeah i know it will be discounted at bb, but still, glad i decided to wait on the set
Old 05-20-10, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As interested as I am in checking the set out, $90 on Blu-Ray is WAAAAAY too pricey for my blood (I know it'll be cheaper when it comes out, but still).
Old 05-20-10, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
As interested as I am in checking the set out, $90 on Blu-Ray is WAAAAAY too pricey for my blood (I know it'll be cheaper when it comes out, but still).
i wouldn't be surprised if the blu ends up being around 50 street date. my guess for the high street price is all the music rights the show has
Old 05-20-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Its going to have to be priced higher across the board to help pay for music licensing.
Old 05-20-10, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

They should be giving more than 10 fucking dollars off for everyone who bought the first set, especially considering the price of this set, and the fact that we got precisely dick for special features on the first one.
Old 05-20-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's ridiculous.
Old 05-20-10, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Infidel
They should be giving more than 10 fucking dollars off for everyone who bought the first set, especially considering the price of this set, and the fact that we got precisely dick for special features on the first one.
LOL, you shouldn't have bought the first set then. We all pretty much knew they would be releasing a full season box set after the season finished. Just be happy that they are offering you money back since you did buy it. Thats the price you pay for being an early adopter.
Old 05-20-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I fully realize it was my choice to buy it, and I also realize they would be releasing more eventually. I'm not griping about that. I just think it's a slap in the face to the people who have helped make the show what it is by just giving a lousy 10 bucks off.
Old 05-21-10, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just so everyone is clear, when they released Volume One, there were talks that there would be a Volume Two AND a Complete Season One, so some people might have picked up the first release expecting a set of only the back nine to come out eventually.

Either way, I don't really care that they're doing it this way. I love the show and got a lot of use out of the first release, so it was a worthy purchase and this one will be as well. I'll for sure get this on DVD day one and will probably pick up the Blu-ray when it is on sale for a reasonable price.

But really, a $10 Rebate is actually kind of insulting to those of us that got Volume One when it came out. No one got that set for only $10 and so the rebate is only half of the money we actually put down for the first set. It's a nice gesture I guess, but it isn't really adequate to compensate for the double-dipping.

I'd like to take advantage of the rebate offer, but I just can't bring myself to cut the packaging. They really should figure out a way to have the proofs of purchase in such a way that if your remove them you aren't cutting a piece of the package off and leaving it looking incomplete.
Old 05-21-10, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

TV Shows on DVD has the blu-ray listed at $69.99 not $89.99.
Old 05-21-10, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Just so everyone is clear, when they released Volume One, there were talks that there would be a Volume Two AND a Complete Season One, so some people might have picked up the first release expecting a set of only the back nine to come out eventually.
Exactly. That was the biggest reason I picked up the first set.
Old 05-21-10, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Of course. I just bought and watched "volume 1" a week or so ago.

I haven't been watching or following Glee at all, but saw a few bits and pieces here and there. Seeing part of the Madonna episode was what sold me on seeing the show from the beginning. I had no clue about future release plans- I figured it was getting released like Greek and a few other teen type shows, in half seasons.

Only good thing is I only paid $18 for it, so I'll only be out $8.
Old 05-22-10, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not having a separate way to just get the back 9, feels like a real kick in the taco.
Old 05-22-10, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
I agree. A volume one does imply a volume two.

Seeing how I don't trust the studios, I didn't pick up that set and will grab the blu.

Also, the photoshop cover puts Rachel's hand in a rather awkward place in relationship to her teacher Will.
Old 05-23-10, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
I agree. A volume one does imply a volume two.

Seeing how I don't trust the studios, I didn't pick up that set and will grab the blu.

Also, the photoshop cover puts Rachel's hand in a rather awkward place in relationship to her teacher Will.
It does imply a Volume two, but something like this has happened before. Bionic Woman Vol 1 comes to mind.

Everybody knew that there was going to be a complete season set coming out after the end of the season. Fox isnt reinventing the wheel with this release. Those of us that could wait, did. Those of us that couldnt paid a little bit for the first half of the season. I personally saved the money, but I havent been able to watch the first 9 episodes on disc and wont until the season 1 set coems out.
Old 05-23-10, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
TV Shows on DVD has the blu-ray listed at $69.99 not $89.99.
Well that's certainly better than $90, although still pricey. I'm aware that music rights are the reason, but that certainly makes it tricker for me to afford...
Old 05-25-10, 12:30 PM

Just to comment, the VOL 1 DVD sold very well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they quietly released a VOL 2 around the same time as the complete 1st season to take advantage of the lower cost --- therefore pulling in people who otherwise might not plop down for the complete set.

I have the first volume on DVD. I knew a BD of the 1st season would be released. I got it for $16 bucks new. I'll sell it for 10-15 and get the rebate back for $10. It's not that big a deal -- but I can see people being burned re: possible no- Vol2, etc.

Re: Bionic Woman Vol 1... no new episodes were produced so a vol 2 would be impossible.
Old 05-26-10, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder if Fox in anyway will be releasing a DVD of the live tour? on the youtube clips, its clear that they were filmed/taped, and according to one of the videos, fox is ordering that videos of the tour be taken down
Old 05-27-10, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I wonder if Fox in anyway will be releasing a DVD of the live tour? on the youtube clips, its clear that they were filmed/taped, and according to one of the videos, fox is ordering that videos of the tour be taken down
I'd be stunned if they didn't. I know they say that this is a "thank you" to the fans, but it always ends up being about money. I know I'll buy it.
Old 05-27-10, 10:38 AM
Banned

I have yet to see an episode of Glee...doesn't really seem like my thing, but I've heard nothing but good reviews about it, and Jane Lynch is awesome. Maybe I'll pick this up.
Old 06-07-10, 06:51 AM

Ah, come on filmateleven.....join us "gleeks" and see what you're missing.
Old 06-16-10, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.