Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Six Million Dollar Man/The Bionic Woman Finally Coming to DVD

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Six Million Dollar Man/The Bionic Woman Finally Coming to DVD

Old 09-27-10, 10:26 AM
Cool New Member

Re: Six Million Dollar Man/The Bionic Woman Finally Coming to DVD

15% off $6 Million, still to high for me!
Old 12-12-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/...lyAG6J5sE%3D&d

Today Only!!! You can get the Six Million Dollar Man Complete Series for $179.95 with free shipping.

Coupon Code is DealDay12

Don't forget, it's not just 5 seasons. There is a bonus set with all the Reunion movies and Bionic Woman crossover episodes. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on this.
Old 12-12-11, 10:58 PM

How much longer is this a Time Life exclusive?
Old 12-13-11, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So I went ahead and picked the set up tonight.

$179.95 with the discount. No tax and free shipping. I bit the bullet. I don't think it will go any lower anytime soon.

I figure if I waited any longer, I would probably forget about it. Plus with the ridiculous amount of content, including bonus material, this would literally take me a year to go through. I don't think I will have time to go through it during the regular TV season.

Now I just need Bionic Woman season 3 to drop below $20 and I am good for my 70's TV fix.

Last edited by DJariya; 12-13-11 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-13-11, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Surprised you didn't already have this as you were one of the most active posters in the thread up to it's release.
Don't worry though, you just snagged a great set. The box that house all the cases is very cool, and the content is first rate in terms of production. I was just watching one of the special features on the first set the other day, about the creation of the main titles, and I was surprised how much time they devoted to the subject. If you like extras, there is a substantial amount here that is exclusive.

As far as the price goes, I can't remember what I paid last year at this time, also with a coupon, but I felt then and still do the price was fair for the amount of content and the production value of the set.
I think at this point, if Time-Life could get an exclusive lock on the Adam West Batman show I would pay just as much for three seasons of that- especially if it were presented this well.

I'm also chomping at the bit to pick up S3 of BW. Having had R2 versions of the first two seasons, S3 is the only material I haven't seen in 35 years. But with the other sets going to a rock bottom price at Target so soon, I can't in good conscience pay too much this one since it will likely follow the same trajectory in the near future.
$20 would be my cave-in price too though.
Old 12-18-11, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI, Bionic Woman seasons 1 & 2 are $8.99 apiece this week at Target.
Old 12-18-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dubya View Post
FYI, Bionic Woman seasons 1 & 2 are $8.99 apiece this week at Target.
Thanks for the tip. I've been waiting on this show to reach a sub-$10 point since it came out. May be time to pull the trigger.
Old 12-18-11, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
I think at this point, if Time-Life could get an exclusive lock on the Adam West Batman show I would pay just as much for three seasons of that- especially if it were presented this well.
That would be... insane if they could pull that off
Old 12-19-11, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank View Post
How much longer is this a Time Life exclusive?
The complete set (as currently configured with all the bonuses, box, sound chip, etc) is supposedly a perpetual exclusive.

Universal, however, now have the go-ahead to release individual season sets (and they've already done so with Season One). It's missing a few of the bonuses from the corresponding T-L Season 1 (some interview footage, I think), so there will apparently always be some of the bonus content that will remain exclusive, but if it's mainly the episodes you want, they're already coming out a season at a time. If they follow a similar release pattern to Bionic Woman, most (if not all) of their sets will probably all be out by this time next year.
Old 12-19-11, 03:29 PM
Banned

Six Million Dollar Man season 1 and 2

i brought this on DVD like 4years ago when i was in the uk and they had no logo ect and were very hq and they 100% looked like brand new dvd you would buy in the shops so did the dvds discs but i think they where tv rips as each ep when i coped some eps to the computer they where 704x576 25fps mpeg2 3500kbps mp2 128kb
Old 12-19-11, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just got my 6 Million Dollar Man Complete Series set in the mail today.

Holy crap this set is awesome. So much stuff to go through. This will probably take me a year if not longer to watch every episode and go through all the bonus material including the reunion movies.
Old 07-21-15, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

New complete series set announced. I guess the Time Life exclusive window has now passed.

Today Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that on October 13th they will release a retail version of The Six Million Dollar Man - The Complete Series, on 35 DVDs, with all 5 seasons (as seen in the five individual retail season sets), plus the 3 discs that include the three post-season telefilms (with Bionic Woman Jaime Sommers teaming up with Steve Austin in The Return of the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman, Bionic Showdown co-starring Sandra Bullock(!), and Bionic After After?). The "Reunion Collection" pack with those three discs will NOT be available for sale separately, by the way...you can only buy them in The Complete Series. Cost for the new collection is $129.98 SRP, and here's the packaging:

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/21339#ixzz3gZg92udB
Old 08-04-15, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
New complete series set announced. I guess the Time Life exclusive window has now passed.

With the 5 season sets being $10 everyday at Target, can those additional 3 discs and Box POSSIBLY be worth $80 more?

If they were on BD maybe, but if this set is just the previously released seasons with some bonus discs and a box, then it's a ridiculous cash grab.
Old 08-04-15, 10:44 PM
Premium Member

That's SRP. The SRP on the individual sets is $27 so it's in line with that. It'll drop.