Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-13, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

That Raw 20th Anniversary set is up for pre-order on Amazon. $79.99 for DVD and $109.99 for Blu. I might spring for it, depending on what prices look like upon release.
Old 09-08-13, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walmart WWE Rumblers

101 Guide for you NOT TO BE SCAMMED by Greedbayers (possibly re-shrinkwrapped)

Warning & FACTs:

Walmart randomly inserted Rumbler Figures to these boxsets were mostly NOTHING to do with the Set (Example: Justin Gabriel in a Stone Cold DVD Set or Rey Mysterio in an Undertaker DVD Set)

Once Scammers get a hold of this and sell in Ebay, they have a tendency to repacked it and insert the associated rumbler figure to a specific DVD set

*I got lucky though after three Walmart stores I have been at, finally found a DVD set that is associated with a Rumbler - John Cena (and being part of WWE's Top 50 Superstars)

Things to know that what you get is a Genuine SEALED WALMART Product:

1. Front: The Hot Pocket Sticker is well intact and no sign of being re-sticked (besides once this label is removed, its hard to re-sticked)

2. Back: "Disc Made In Mexico" sticker should be intact at the back. Without this or sign of fingerprints means it got re-packed (or re-shrinkwrapped)

Old 09-11-13, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by xage
Walmart WWE Rumblers

101 Guide for you NOT TO BE SCAMMED by Greedbayers (possibly re-shrinkwrapped)

Thanks for the info- I'm going to go hunting for some of these tomorrow.
Old 09-18-13, 06:22 PM

The DVD cover art for Night of Champions is out. At the moment it looks like there won't even be a Blu-ray version.

Old 09-26-13, 11:55 PM

Blu-ray version of the upcoming RAW 20th Anniversary Box Set has apparently been canceled.
Old 09-28-13, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by will94
Blu-ray version of the upcoming RAW 20th Anniversary Box Set has apparently been canceled.
I'm guessing since there are no extra features (or the price) they figured whats the point.
Old 10-10-13, 04:21 PM

Some $5.99 Blu-rays to be had. WWEShop page http://wwene.ws/1c5G308. At checkout enter code "WWEDVDS" to bring the prices down to $5.99 each.

Found at: http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/new-...ing-now/52699/
Old 10-28-13, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've purchased three WWE dvd's recently: Hulk Hogan's Unreleased Collector's series @ Fry's, Greatest Stars of the 90's And Macho Madness The Randy Savage collection @ BestBuy.com. The two from BestBuy.com did not include an insert booklet with match listings and the other things. The Hogan DVD (which appeared to have been on the shelf for quite a while) did have the insert. Is this the norm or did I just get two dvd sets without the insert? Is there someway to get the inserts for these two dvd's?
Old 10-29-13, 11:57 AM

Question about the Mid-South WWE Blu:

I read on wrestlingdvdnews.com that the Blu set was missing a R-&-R/Midnight Express tag and a Sting/Terry Taylor match, despite listing these as extras.

I've seen almost no info on this elsewhere, and knowing the tendencies inherent in "buyer outrage" + the IWC, this suggests that the issue may be fixed? Can anyone provide any input?
Old 10-29-13, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
I've purchased three WWE dvd's recently: Hulk Hogan's Unreleased Collector's series @ Fry's, Greatest Stars of the 90's And Macho Madness The Randy Savage collection @ BestBuy.com. The two from BestBuy.com did not include an insert booklet with match listings and the other things. The Hogan DVD (which appeared to have been on the shelf for quite a while) did have the insert. Is this the norm or did I just get two dvd sets without the insert? Is there someway to get the inserts for these two dvd's?
I have inserts for all 3, but I don't have a scanner. If you would like I can scan them with my smartphone and email you pdf files. The results are mixed at times but it does ok for a smartphone camera. If interested let me know.
Old 10-29-13, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nate the Great
Question about the Mid-South WWE Blu:

I read on wrestlingdvdnews.com that the Blu set was missing a R-&-R/Midnight Express tag and a Sting/Terry Taylor match, despite listing these as extras.

I've seen almost no info on this elsewhere, and knowing the tendencies inherent in "buyer outrage" + the IWC, this suggests that the issue may be fixed? Can anyone provide any input?
I think the two matches were only actually listed on/for the UK product. It's unknown why they were left off the US one. Some speculated maybe a store exclusive was planned with the 2 extras in the US but which obviously didn't ultimately happen. Either way I'm sure the matches haven't been added on since.
Old 10-30-13, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Deadpool, I appreciate the offer but I printed an insert of my own with the match listings. I was just wondering if the WWE had someone I could contact to get the missing inserts mailed to me or something like that. Thanks.
Old 11-01-13, 03:53 PM

TNA Black November sale started today. Dvd's for 4.99. Picked up all 2013, missing 2012 and others. Always look forward to this sale.
Old 11-01-13, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raj905
TNA Black November sale started today. Dvd's for 4.99. Picked up all 2013, missing 2012 and others. Always look forward to this sale.
I wouldn't mind grabbing Lockdown, but the shipping would end up more than doubling the cost. It sucks that they have released so few dvds at this point this year.
Old 11-08-13, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I see there is a Money In the Bank Anthology blu set that features all of the matches, along with everytime someone tried to cash it in. I'm curious to see if it is edited, as chris benoit is featured on the first match. Also the John Cena vs Rob Van Dam match from One Night Stand is featured as well. the match features various profane fan chants (which i heard were bleeped out on new WWE best of ECW releases) and one fan sign that actually shows the f word
Old 11-08-13, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I've heard, they edit out Benoit's entrance. He just kind of appears in the ring.
Old 11-08-13, 09:01 AM

This details the edits to Benoit in the MITB Anthology.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/shot...ogy-dvd/53144/

Entrance, commentary audio and camera angles in a nutshell.
Old 11-08-13, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
This details the edits to Benoit in the MITB Anthology.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/shot...ogy-dvd/53144/

Entrance, commentary audio and camera angles in a nutshell.
now i'm curious how the Raw set will be handled, as it contains 2 matches featuring him (in 6 man tags) & yet the set claims to be uncut and unedited..
Old 11-20-13, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Picked up the Money in the Bank anthology blu, and not too surprising, but some of the chants during the RVD/Cena One Night Stand match are over dubbed.
Old 11-20-13, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Picked up the Money in the Bank anthology blu, and not too surprising, but some of the chants during the RVD/Cena One Night Stand match are over dubbed.
That is the first release that I have skipped in a LONG time. From what I've read, there is nothing on there that hasn't been released elsewhere already. I just can't spend the money to keep buying shit I've already got. If the price ever drops significantly, I'd get it. But not at $20+.
Old 11-20-13, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
That is the first release that I have skipped in a LONG time. From what I've read, there is nothing on there that hasn't been released elsewhere already. I just can't spend the money to keep buying shit I've already got. If the price ever drops significantly, I'd get it. But not at $20+.
the blu ray release has all of the Cash in's most of which happened on Raw
Old 11-21-13, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Ed, I'm doing the same at my end as I'm not interested in the extras on Blu-Ray either as if you have all those PPV that had these matches, you're pretty much set. Finally found that WWE Moments DVD with John Cena as host for five bucks at Kmart yesterday, the last one left.
Old 11-26-13, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All this Benoit censorship is the reason I no longer buy WWE stuff merch beyond WM blu rays.

History is history dammit it should be shown how it originally happened.
Old 11-28-13, 03:33 PM

Here's a rundown of all Black Friday DVD/Blu-ray deals at WWEShop:

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...d-deals/55104/

Personally I think there have been better sales on the site in recent years. That said, free shipping on $15+ could work well if you're missing some of these from your collection. Looking at the Blu-rays.
Old 11-29-13, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Class316
All this Benoit censorship is the reason I no longer buy WWE stuff merch beyond WM blu rays.

History is history dammit it should be shown how it originally happened.
the big Raw set will be interesting, granted he's in 6 man matches, but they claim its unedited

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.