DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-13, 09:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
It is now!

Match list for The Best of WWE at Madison Square Garden DVD/BD: http://wwene.ws/12dFpad
I have to say, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I scooted this one off my wishlist; I guess I had higher hopes for more obscure material, less repeats. Maybe if the set were "MSG Unreleased" ...
Old 07-08-13, 09:02 PM

Incidentally, I received the following in email:

The Summer Heat Wave Sale has started at www.DGUSA.tv and it will be our biggest sale of the summer. You can now save 25% on almost all DGUSA and EVOLVE DVDs, shirts and other merch. This includes already discounted DVD deals! This means that DGUSA and EVOLVE 2 & 3 Pack Deals are 25% off! You already save money with the DVD 2 & 3 Pack Deals, but now you get another 25% reduction! That means EVOLVE DVDs are less than $9 each with the 2 Packs. This includes the recent EVOLVE 14, EVOLVE 15 and EVOLVE 16 DVDs plus everything in the Gear section. No codes are needed. IMPORTANT: You will initially be charged regular price, but will automatically receive a 25% refund within 24 hours of ordering. Please note shipping, DGUSA Untouchable 2012 DVD and all tickets are not included in the refund and sale. Email [email protected] if you have any questions. The offer ends Friday, July 12th, at midnight EST. and starts now.
Old 07-09-13, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is now!

Match list for The Best of WWE at Madison Square Garden DVD/BD: http://wwene.ws/12dFpad
"First ever tag team tables match" in 2000? ECW had been doing them for years. Maybe they meant the first ever in MSG.
Old 07-09-13, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate the Great
I have to say, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I scooted this one off my wishlist; I guess I had higher hopes for more obscure material, less repeats. Maybe if the set were "MSG Unreleased" ...
Same here. I haven't cancelled my order yet but I probably will before the release date. Disappointing after seeing the excellent match listing for the Mid South set.
Old 07-09-13, 02:37 PM

2 hour+ documentary for the HHH DVD. Three matches were released: http://wwene.ws/15updFQ.
Old 07-09-13, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate the Great
Incidentally, I received the following in email:
That would be a good sale if DGUSA ever actually released any of their shows on disc. At this point, they are well over a year behind in their releases.
Old 07-11-13, 04:50 PM

WWEShop has a 40% off code ("DVD40") to use on their DVD and Blu-rays today only until midnight: http://wwene.ws/Vhp3wx. Excludes pre-orders though.
Old 07-11-13, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WWEShop has a 40% off code ("DVD40") to use on their DVD and Blu-rays today only until midnight: http://wwene.ws/Vhp3wx. Excludes pre-orders though.
They are good deals, but the 6.99 S&H charge really hurts this deal in the long run though. Just my opinion.
Old 07-11-13, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
That would be a good sale if DGUSA ever actually released any of their shows on disc. At this point, they are well over a year behind in their releases.
More than true.
Old 07-15-13, 12:13 PM

"Exclusive: Full Content for @TripleH Thy Kingdom Come WWE DVD & Blu-Ray": http://wwene.ws/17gdwlk
Old 07-30-13, 03:55 PM

Didn't really find any good deals on the new ecw release, picked up the blu ray at best buy.
Old 07-30-13, 07:27 PM
Cool New Member

My nearest* Kmart had the ECW vol.2 DVD for $14.99.

*Southgate, MI
Old 08-13-13, 03:53 PM

Struck out getting the MITB blu-ray best buy in my area didn't get any and doesn't know why,and its back ordered on the website .
Old 08-13-13, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anybody been able to spot the standard DVD version of MITB 2013 at a Best Buy? I don't get this anymore. A new release and yet they're not carrying it in their own brick and mortar stores? On their website, they're even overcharging on it at 16 bucks versus others having it a little less.
Old 08-13-13, 07:53 PM

The guy I talked to said they didn't get any DVDs or blu-rays at all, he had no answers as to why. I saw the dvd at Walmart for 14.96
Old 08-14-13, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

No copies of Money In the Bank 2013 on standard or blu-ray at my local Best Buy. I grabbed the dvd at Wal-Mart for $14.96.
Old 08-15-13, 11:17 PM

I finally got the Mitb blu-ray from best buy, I had ordered it online and was going to pick it from two different best buys well the first one I got conformation it was there drove a half hour only to be told it wasn't. Well this morning I checked and another local best buy said it was in stock, so I got conformation and called the store, well they couldn't find it so I talked to the manager and he did some checking and called me back and found out all the stores had it but it was in boxes labled for release on August 20th.
Old 08-16-13, 07:26 AM

Photos of the new Mid-South DVD. Pretty! http://wwene.ws/1cJkCpc
Old 08-17-13, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jman4200
I finally got the Mitb blu-ray from best buy, I had ordered it online and was going to pick it from two different best buys well the first one I got conformation it was there drove a half hour only to be told it wasn't. Well this morning I checked and another local best buy said it was in stock, so I got conformation and called the store, well they couldn't find it so I talked to the manager and he did some checking and called me back and found out all the stores had it but it was in boxes labled for release on August 20th.
And then Best Buy actually wonders why they're losing sales on a daily basis.

How is this company still even in business anyways? They can't even keep track as to when DVD releases are supposed to take place? I mean, really?!
Old 08-29-13, 10:57 AM

If anyone is interested, there's a Buy1Get1Free DVD sale going on at WWEShop.
> http://wwene.ws/Vhp3wx
Old 08-30-13, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone is interested, there's a Buy1Get1Free DVD sale going on at WWEShop.
> http://wwene.ws/Vhp3wx
The 6.99 shipping kills that deal, even if you get a free DVD with it as they probably marked up all the DVD prices on there before the sale started and then when all is said and done, it comes out being a little more than expected. Just my opinion.
Old 09-03-13, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650
The 6.99 shipping kills that deal, even if you get a free DVD with it as they probably marked up all the DVD prices on there before the sale started and then when all is said and done, it comes out being a little more than expected. Just my opinion.
I wanted to submit that you might be surprised. With shipping, I'm getting "Best of In Your House" and "War Games" for just about $12.90ish per set. Not bad, for getting those now (as opposed to waiting a year for them to drop to, say, $15, two years for them to get to under $10, etc.)
Old 09-03-13, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nate, I'll wait until Black Friday to get some really nice deals on these sets but as long as you're happy with what you got, that's all that matters most.
Old 09-05-13, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As previously reported, WWE is scheduled to release a massive RAW DVD and Blu-ray set featuring some of the best episodes in the history of WWE RAW. The DVD & Blu-Ray sets are both on sale (pre-order) now at Amazon.com.

The official description is as follows:

Celebrate 20 years of nonstop entertainment with Raw 20th Anniversary Collection: The 20 Greatest Episodes Uncut & Unedited. With over 1000 episodes to its credit, Raw is by far the longest running episodic program in TV history. In this 12-disc DVD / 10-disc Blu-ray collection, WWE presents the 20 most timeless episodes for the first time in their entirety.

From landmark anniversaries, milestones, ratings bonanzas, and unforgettable shows that left a particular mark in WWE history, these episodes represent the rawest of Raw. Including: the highest rated Raw ever; Mania the night after WrestleMania; WWE takes over WCW and simulcasts Nitro; Dude Love interrupts Stone Cold and Mr. McMahon; the original ECW invasion; Homecoming, Raw Roulette, WrestleMania Rewind and so much more!

Featuring John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Mick Foley, CM Punk and all the greatest Superstars in the history of Raw! Plus, Michael Cole and the Bella’s present the detailed facts & figures behind the personalities, matches, venues and all the various quirks that have shaped Raw over the years.

Additionally, according to WrestlingDVDNews.com, the following episodes will be featured in the set:

-Original ECW Invasion - February 1997
-Final Nitro/Raw simulcast - March 2001 (no word whether they will include the final Nitro as well).
-Raw Homecoming - October 2003 (USA Network return including Angle vs. Michaels Iron Man match)
-Bret Hart returns to Raw (January 2010)
-First episode of Raw (January 1993)
-DX Invasion (Creation of the Triple H led version of DX, April 1998)
-First-ever Steve Austin vs. Mr. McMahon (April 1998, episode that broke Nitro's run in the ratings)
-Raw Roulette (November 2003, Victoria vs. Lita)
-Undertaker & Triple H & Shane McMahon vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Rock & Mr. McMahon (May 1999)
-Mankind wins WWF title (January 1999)
-15th Anniversary episode (December 2007)
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...YZd55mtl0SY.99

since they don't blur the scratch logo, & promise to be uncut, this will be a must buy. I am curious if they will show the in between commercials stuff during matches. Also curious if they include the final Nitro as well
Old 09-07-13, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nice!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.