Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-12, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

finished watching the ecw dvd

they did seem to edit alot of cursing, there is even a part where they don't even show the sandman shoving his "stuff" into rhino's face on top of the turnbuckle, and some of the crowd chants seem off

i have the original dreamer/credible ecw tnn match, and they used a different camera angle for this dvd, and the cursing is all edited, credible swearing was not all muted on the original broadcast but it is on this dvd, in fact i believe all cursing and "edgy" crowd chants are edited

it sucks, why not make it tv ma like bloodsport, i believe that dvd is mostly uncensored if i remember correctly

also anybody that has the original "3 way dance" that is a blu ray extra, at the end of the match it goes off and comes back saying "several minutes of this match are missing" then it proceeds to the final 30 sec, is this the way the original was as well
Old 07-03-12, 05:00 PM

don't get why blu rays are not catching on, they are now cheap to get, and shocked that so many still haven't accepted them

plus dvds suffer disc rot, blu rays are not only better picture, but last longer, more extras, better menu's
Old 07-03-12, 08:25 PM

The compilation sets seem to be selling just fine because every set since July of last year has been released on BD. It's the Pay-Per-Views that struggle because the casual viewer doesn't see the value in spending $20-25 on sub-par PPVs. I have to agree with them because the last 2 PPVs to be released that wasn't one of the big 4 was Extreme Rules 2011 & Over the Limit 2011 and that show was just awful aside from Christian/Orton. If they had started with Money in the Bank 2011, I think sales trends would have been a lot different.

The most I can hope for is that WWE decides to backtrack and possibly release the 2008-2012 PPVs that never made it to BD, as WWEShop Exclusives or some sort of "HD Collection" kind of like the older "Attitude Collection" they did in 2001 & 2002 before they changed over to WWE and stopped.
Old 07-03-12, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
The compilation sets seem to be selling just fine because every set since July of last year has been released on BD. It's the Pay-Per-Views that struggle because the casual viewer doesn't see the value in spending $20-25 on sub-par PPVs. I have to agree with them because the last 2 PPVs to be released that wasn't one of the big 4 was Extreme Rules 2011 & Over the Limit 2011 and that show was just awful aside from Christian/Orton. If they had started with Money in the Bank 2011, I think sales trends would have been a lot different.

The most I can hope for is that WWE decides to backtrack and possibly release the 2008-2012 PPVs that never made it to BD, as WWEShop Exclusives or some sort of "HD Collection" kind of like the older "Attitude Collection" they did in 2001 & 2002 before they changed over to WWE and stopped.
WWE releasing the PPVs on Blu-ray as WWE Shop exclusives would be a good start.

Speaking of shop exclusives, looks like TNA are selling DVDs not available in stores on their website. I noticed Twin Pack Vol. 6 and Genesis 2012 were available for a while and they just released Lockdown 2012 and Twin Pack Vol. 7. I just bought those four from ebay seller A-Merchandise.

ShopTNA shipping to Canada really kills the deal with $15 for 1 DVD, plus they use UPS so brokerage fees also applies so it would cost like $40-$45 in the end for one DVD converted to CDN dollars.
Old 07-04-12, 12:01 AM

i don't remember but wasn't the bloodsport dvd alot less edited out than this one, i know the songs were gone but next to that they left alot in, maybe some minor edits, but it was rated tv ma
Old 07-04-12, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sg2386
WWE releasing the PPVs on Blu-ray as WWE Shop exclusives would be a good start.

Speaking of shop exclusives, looks like TNA are selling DVDs not available in stores on their website. I noticed Twin Pack Vol. 6 and Genesis 2012 were available for a while and they just released Lockdown 2012 and Twin Pack Vol. 7. I just bought those four from ebay seller A-Merchandise.

ShopTNA shipping to Canada really kills the deal with $15 for 1 DVD, plus they use UPS so brokerage fees also applies so it would cost like $40-$45 in the end for one DVD converted to CDN dollars.
Thanks for the heads-up on that seller. Just grabbed Lockdown and Volume 7 from him. Even with shipping and the conversion rates, they still ultimately cost less than buying direct from TNA.
Old 07-04-12, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts

The Chicago Tribune saw CM Punk at (former Cub) Kerry Wood's charity event last week and asked him about his DVD...

This is your life: CM Punk calls himself the best wrestler in the ring and on the mic, so it’s not surprising that he feels he has the best WWE DVD as well. The Lockport native said his straight-to-DVD, which will be released some time in October, is better than the ones WWE made for John Cena, Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho.

“Obviously, I’m biased,” Punk said at 10pin, “but I think mine is the best. Mine starts way different than anyone else’s and ends way different than anyone else’s.”

The DVD film not only features interviews with fellow wrestlers Cena and Triple H, but also some of Punk’s close friends, including indie wrestler Colt Cabana and Rancid band member Lars Frederiksen.

“Honestly, it was like watching my life flash before my eyes,” Punk said. “They used a lot of footage from my early days. Just seeing the whole package put together with people I respect in the industry and have known my whole life talking about me, it seemed weird. It felt like I was at my own funeral. You get a perspective of where I come from, how hard I’ve worked and where I’m at now. It blew me away. There were a couple moments where I was like ‘Wow, this is really touching.’”
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ation-wwe-diva
Old 07-04-12, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
The Chicago Tribune saw CM Punk at (former Cub) Kerry Wood's charity event last week and asked him about his DVD...

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ation-wwe-diva
Okay, I'm being patient, but I gotta say ... MATCHLIST??? (Okay, that's outta my system ... for now.)
Old 07-05-12, 12:53 AM

can somebody post the number of undertaker wrestlemania matches that wwe has released on dvd, not counting the actual wrestlmania events, and what sets they were from

i know that his wm25 match was on "hbk my journey" dvd
Old 07-05-12, 01:18 PM

That would take a lot of time, easiest thing to do would be to go to WWEDVDNews.com and click on the WWE DVD Releases, then google each set to see which ones have Undertaker Wrestlemania Matches. There's at least 30-50 or so sets with Undertaker matches from Mania
Old 07-05-12, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
can somebody post the number of undertaker wrestlemania matches that wwe has released on dvd, not counting the actual wrestlmania events, and what sets they were from

Another way would be to go to thehistoryofwwe.com and look thorugh the mania results as it lists what dvds the matches have been released on.
Old 07-05-12, 02:47 PM

Here is a compete list on various compilations (Does not include 15-0 and 20-0 sets and WrestleMania themed sets/Anthology):

vs. Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka (None)
vs. Jake 'The Snake' Roberts (None)
vs. Giant Gonzalez (None)
vs. King Kong Bundy (None)
vs. Diesel (Tombstone: History of The Undertaker)
vs. Sid (None)
vs. Kane [WrestleMania XIV] (Undertaker: This Is My Yard, Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker & The Twisted, Disturbed Life of Kane)
vs. Big Boss Man (None)
vs. Triple H [WrestleMania X-Seven] (Undertaker: This Is My Yard)
vs. Ric Flair (None)
vs. Big Show and A-Train (None)
vs. Kane [WrestleMania XX] (Tombstone: History of The Undertaker)
vs. Randy Orton (None)
vs. Mark Henry (None)
vs. Batista (Batista: I Walk Alone & Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century)
vs. Edge (Top 50 Superstars of All Time, You Think You Know Me? The Story of Edge)
vs. Shawn Michaels [WrestleMania XXV] (Shawn Michaels: My Journey)
vs. Shawn Michaels [WrestleMania XXVI] (Best PPV Matches 2009-2010)
vs. Triple H [WrestleMania XXVII] (Best PPV Matches 2011)
vs. Triple H [WrestleMania XXVIII] (None)
Old 07-05-12, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FYE had the John Cena Superstar Collection dvd out a bit early. Only $9.99 so I grabbed it. Match listing is as follows...

Cena vs Chris Jericho from Armageddon 2008
Cena vs HHH vs Shawn Michaels from Survivor Series 2009
Cena vs Randy Orton from Raw 12/14/2009
Cena vs John Morrison vs The Miz from Extreme Rules 2011
Old 07-05-12, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Snausages and JohnIan are stating in next week's Best Buy ad, this DVD will be going for $5.99 so check the DVD Bargains on this site or your local insert this weekend just to make sure.

LINK: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...th-2012-a.html
Old 07-05-12, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
FYE had the John Cena Superstar Collection dvd out a bit early. Only $9.99 so I grabbed it. Match listing is as follows...

Walmart in my area had the Cena and Ryder DVDs out when i was picked up No Holds Barred this past Tuesday. They were $8 each so grabbed both as well.
Old 07-06-12, 11:01 AM

My new purchases
Old 07-06-12, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

finished watching the ecw dvd

they did seem to edit alot of cursing, there is even a part where they don't even show the sandman shoving his "stuff" into rhino's face on top of the turnbuckle, and some of the crowd chants seem off

i have the original dreamer/credible ecw tnn match, and they used a different camera angle for this dvd, and the cursing is all edited, credible swearing was not all muted on the original broadcast but it is on this dvd, in fact i believe all cursing and "edgy" crowd chants are edited

it sucks, why not make it tv ma like bloodsport, i believe that dvd is mostly uncensored if i remember correctly

also anybody that has the original "3 way dance" that is a blu ray extra, at the end of the match it goes off and comes back saying "several minutes of this match are missing" then it proceeds to the final 30 sec, is this the way the original was as well
HOW. FUCKING. ANNOYING.

I wont be buying it. What a wasted opportunity. ECW wasn't just about the wrestling. It was also about the "rock n roll" atmosphere that the fans provided during those live matches. If the wwe is trying to market ECW as tv-14 crap, they wont get my money.
Old 07-06-12, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dave88

My new purchases
Where did you get those, no way out isn't due for release until the 17th.
Old 07-06-12, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper

Best Buy's ad for 7/8-7/14

Old 07-07-12, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jman4200
Where did you get those, no way out isn't due for release until the 17th.
Got No Way Out here at my local store in Gibraltar, Europe. I was very surprised to find it here so soon.. Maybe 2 or 3 days before but not 11 days!
Old 07-07-12, 10:13 AM

I won't be buying the recent ECW release either. I understand them changing theme songs. I don't like that at all but I understand the royalty issue. However, there is no excuse for editing out the language. That isn't going to cost them anymore money to include it. There's also that issue of The Rise And Fall Of ECW, one of their best selling releases, being a TV-MA release and not editing out language.
Old 07-08-12, 08:41 PM

ya the past ecw dvds are tv-ma, guess they really are over sensitive and purely "pg"

there was alot of swearing of rise and fall, not bleeped, they even showed the entire sabu/funk barb wire no rope match on bloodsport
Old 07-11-12, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Those who read this thread may have already heard about the new Brock Lesnar title coming out before the end of 2012, which I'm personally looking forward to. I have the old 1-disc release, but I'll definitely get the new one!
Old 07-11-12, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And also heard of an official release date on the CM Punk set, which is scheduled for 10/9/2012 for both DVD and Blu-Ray versions.
Old 07-11-12, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Could have grabbed the Undertaker 20-0 set today at FYE but the dvd was $30 and the blu was $40. Not worth it to get it early...I'll wait and grab it from Amazon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.