Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 06-01-12, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Vengeance replaced Bragging Rights, so yeah Vengeance is on BD.
Old 06-05-12, 01:58 AM

no match listing for "falls count anywhere", only 3 weeks till release date
Old 06-05-12, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ten matches are known - six matches on DVD and Blu-Ray - four matches exclusive to Blu-Ray -
http://www.wwedvdnews.com/cover-shot...ere-dvd/24160/

The six matches that have been announced as being on both the DVD and Blu-Ray editions -

Alley Fight - Sgt. Slaughter vs. Pat Patterson - Madison Square Garden - May 4, 1981.
Chicago Street Fight - The Road Warriors vs. Booker T & Sting - WCW Uncensored - March 24, 1996.
Falls Count Anywhere Match - Sting vs. Cactus Jack - WCW Beach Blast - June 20, 1992.
Street Fight - Mr. McMahon vs Ric Flair - Royal Rumble - January 20, 2002.
Fully Loaded Strap Match - The Rock vs. Triple H - Fully Loaded - July 25, 1999.
Unsanctioned Street Fight - Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - SummerSlam - August 25, 2002.

The four matches have been announced as being exclusive to the Blu-Ray edition -

Boiler Room Brawl - Mankind vs. Santa Claus - Raw - December 20, 1999.
Street Fight - Triple H vs. Sheamus - Extreme Rules - April 25, 2010.
Falls Count Anywhere Match - Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes - Extreme Rules - May 1, 2011.
Street Fight - Kane vs. Randy Orton - Smackdown - July 22, 2011.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 06-05-12 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-05-12, 12:23 PM

Just picked up the ECW bluray at best buy for 19.99 plus tax, they only had 3 in store.
Old 06-06-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Big fan of this new ECW blu-ray, great match selection!
Old 06-07-12, 04:51 AM

Just a heads up for anyone here that wants to know, Silvervision's Pre Orders are back to normal again now and everything is fine. Wrestlemania 28 is up for Pre Order (Blu Ray & DVD) and will be released on the website in July.
Old 06-07-12, 06:53 AM

So my best buy didn't have any copies of the ECW Blu-Ray (and only 1 dvd copy) so I ordered it from their website. This morning I received a notice that it is backordered! I have plenty in my unwatched pile to keep me busy, however, I must have this on Blu and am starting to get a little nervous. Should I panic, hurry up and hunt down a copy ASAP, or just wait patiently?
Old 06-07-12, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by neilo13
So my best buy didn't have any copies of the ECW Blu-Ray (and only 1 dvd copy) so I ordered it from their website. This morning I received a notice that it is backordered! I have plenty in my unwatched pile to keep me busy, however, I must have this on Blu and am starting to get a little nervous. Should I panic, hurry up and hunt down a copy ASAP, or just wait patiently?
Not to worry, it will just take a little longer...its just WWE not shipping enough copies to stores. The Best Buy near my house still hasn`t gotten WM28 DVD and Blu-ray, same deal with Clash.

WWE Blu-rays in general are a tough find in stores these days...i gave up looking in stores and have been ordering from Amazon since the Best PPV Matches 2011 and always received them day of or day after release.
Old 06-07-12, 10:49 AM

My Best Buy got 3 copies in of the BD on Tuesday morning. They were all gone by that afternoon. I don't know how many DVD copies there were, but they were all gone even sooner.

You know a title is popular when even Amazon has it on Backorder.
Old 06-07-12, 02:52 PM

why did it take them this long to release another ecw dvd?

the others sold great so there is no reason to keep the volumes coming
Old 06-07-12, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw the standard DVD at Wal-Mart this afternoon for $19.96...I believe three copies remained.
Old 06-08-12, 08:51 AM

Full match listing for "Falls Count Anywhere" and Blu-ray exclusives.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/matc...ere-dvd/24283/

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-08-12, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by neilo13
I got lucky and tracked down a Best Buy store in New York City that had at least a few copies left. I went there during my break from school and picked it up for 14.99 plus tax (I had a five dollar off coupon) and I'm beginning to watch it now.
Old 06-08-12, 04:43 PM

Not that I don't already have it on like 4 other DVDs, but I don't understand how this set exists without the Cactus Jack-HHH Royal Rumble 2000 Street Fight.
Old 06-08-12, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by sg86
Not that I don't already have it on like 4 other DVDs, but I don't understand how this set exists without the Cactus Jack-HHH Royal Rumble 2000 Street Fight.

Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing. I collect all of the releases, and with 13/29 matches never being released, I'm pretty happy with the set, but I am shocked that Foley/HHH isn't included, especially since Foley is hosting.
Old 06-08-12, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg86
I believe it's on this collection of Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses DVD Set...http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Foleys-Gre.../dp/B00016XNRU
Old 06-08-12, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650
I believe it's on this collection of Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses DVD Set...http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Foleys-Gre.../dp/B00016XNRU
His point is not that he wants it on this disc (since it has been released multiple times already), but actually surprised that one of the best Street Fights in WWE isn't included on a Street Fights DVD.
Old 06-09-12, 11:26 AM

The weekend promotion at WWEShop has a few nicely priced Blu-rays. Elimination Chamber 2011 (combo) $9, Shawn vs. Bret $10, and True Story of Mania $10. http://bit.ly/LxtP5z
Old 06-09-12, 06:31 PM

what do you guys do for stacking your dvds, alot of my dvds got "warped" but sticking them in a closet in a box tightly together, hindsight it was stupid

but i noticed some are messed up on the covers, small cracks on the back, what do you think the best option is
Old 06-10-12, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TommyD1030
His point is not that he wants it on this disc (since it has been released multiple times already), but actually surprised that one of the best Street Fights in WWE isn't included on a Street Fights DVD.
Maybe they chose not to repeat it on this set because as you stated, it has been shown or released multiple times. Just trying to help the guy find the match he wants is all. Chill dude.
Old 06-10-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good news but it's too bad they couldn't have done this a long time ago...
PWInsider.com has confirmed that WWE has acquired the Watts video library consisting of Mid-South Wrestling, Mid-South's Power Pro Wrestling TV and the original Universal Wrestling Federation. Unlike most libraries, there were a number of complete house shows from the 1980s that were filmed and maintained along with the TV footage, allowing WWE access to lots of rare footage that can repurpose for their properties.

The library, which was owned by Bill Watt's ex-wife Ene as part of a divorce settlement, was the largest known video collection now owned by WWE. There had been numerous meetings and attempts to purchase the library by WWE but the two sides had been unable to come to terms. With the Network planned to launch later this year, WWE wanted the additional material in their archives. WWE will officially take possession of the library this week.

One WWE source noted that there are already discussions internally to do a DVD documentary on the promotion as well as full fledged DVDs on Ted DiBiase, Junkyard Dog and Hacksaw Duggan, all of whom were major stars for the territory.
Old 06-10-12, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dillkid
Just a heads up for anyone here that wants to know, Silvervision's Pre Orders are back to normal again now and everything is fine. Wrestlemania 28 is up for Pre Order (Blu Ray & DVD) and will be released on the website in July.
Are your sarcastic about this point?

Why fine? ... the Blu Ray for WM28 is FAR FAR DELAYED in release compare to US which is MAY ... there is July???

You call that fine and normal?
Old 06-10-12, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dubya
Good news but it's too bad they couldn't have done this a long time ago...
Better late than never, and hoping they utilize the film library properly, starting off with a UWF documentary and then slowly releasing sets on Ted DiBiase, Hacksaw, Eddie Gilbert, JYD and a few others that were popular in that promotion.

But I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me...does the WWE hold the rights to the entire AWA and now UWF libraries, as I've heard that some AWA and UWF shows are still airing on ESPN Classics, so would they also buy out the remaining allotment of those film libraries to officially make them complete or does ESPN Classic have a separate deal with these two promotions to air these shows in latenight timeslots? Just wondering.
Old 06-10-12, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650
But I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me...does the WWE hold the rights to the entire AWA and now UWF libraries, as I've heard that some AWA and UWF shows are still airing on ESPN Classics, so would they also buy out the remaining allotment of those film libraries to officially make them complete or does ESPN Classic have a separate deal with these two promotions to air these shows in latenight timeslots? Just wondering.
I believe those episodes that are currently airing on ESPN Classic were originally aired on both ESPN and ESPN2, meaning they were probably the property (with rebroadcast rights) of ESPN and not the respective organizations. Think something along the lines of how SpikeTV can still air reruns of The Ultimate Fighter while the UFC has a deal with Fox (that example might not be the best).
Old 06-11-12, 03:21 AM
Cool New Member

The UWF on Espn isn't the same as the Bill Watts one just bought by WWE. I can't post links but Google "Herb Abrams UWF".

Basically Bill Watts never trademarked UWF so someone else just came along and used it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.