Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 02-18-12, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I hope they include yesterday's Battle Royal in the Elimination Chamber DVD. Loved it! Specially the outcome. =)
Old 02-18-12, 07:07 PM

An Attitude Era dvd you say... hmmm... I hope everyone likes blurred out scratch logos all through your dvd then. Why can't Vince just pay the World Wildlife Fund money to use the WWF letters and logos for all that old stuff.
Old 02-19-12, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by jammer311
An Attitude Era dvd you say... hmmm... I hope everyone likes blurred out scratch logos all through your dvd then. Why can't Vince just pay the World Wildlife Fund money to use the WWF letters and logos for all that old stuff.
When they blur it right, it's a small price to pay to have some of that stuff in good quality.
Old 02-19-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It doesn't work like that...WWE lost in court, they can't just pay the Pandas and everything is fine. WWE would have to have their lawyers draw up paper work and would have to go to court again with the WWF. With legal fees and excess amount of time it would take, its likely not be worth it for WWE to take that chance.

Also its likely that every copy they sell, a percentage would have to go to the Pandas. This was one of the alternatives given to Vince and WWE in 2002, but they refused and decided to change the logo.
Old 02-20-12, 02:41 PM

Anyone know if Wrestlefest 88 on VHS is still worth anything or has the value dropped?
Old 02-20-12, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by SteveOVig
Anyone know if Wrestlefest 88 on VHS is still worth anything or has the value dropped?
It's been re-released on Tagged Classics DVD now, so I don't know if that would mean anything?
Old 02-20-12, 03:04 PM

Are any VHS tapes worth any money now anyhow?? I know I kept a few of my old Coliseum Videos just because of how cool they look, I didn't think they were worth anything.
Old 02-20-12, 03:14 PM

Are any VHS tapes worth any money now anyhow?? I know I kept a few of my old Coliseum Videos just because of how cool they look, I didn't think they were worth anything.
I think a lot of them have dropped in value but I read an article on wwedvdnews that said some were still worth something. Of course, I didn't realize until yesterday that the article was written in 2010 so things might've changed. I wanted to sell Wrestlefest to some guy on another forum but I'm not sure on how to price it.
Old 02-21-12, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The price of the Rock Blu-Ray has been lower from $19.99 to $16.99 on Amazon.com - same price as the DVD.

Good News - Glad I waited till today to order so I could save $3.00.
Bad News - I was going to order it with Ric Flair-Definiate Collection DVD - which is $6.95 - so that would
have put me over $25.00 for free shipping. Now with the price of the Rock Blu-Ray being lowered, I'm under
$25.00. Guess I have to find something for just over a $1.00 so I can get free shipping! LOL!

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 02-21-12 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-21-12, 10:45 AM

ROH has just released "THE SUMMER OF PUNK" DVD, highlighting Punk's 2005 run on the way out of the company. Awesome set for those who never saw the original Summer of Punk or Punk in ROH at all. Here's the listing:

Disc 1
1. CM Punk vs. Austin Aries (ROH World Title Match)...Death Before Dishonor III 6/18/05
2. CM Punk vs. Jay Lethal (ROH World Title Match)...Sign of Dishonor 7/8/05
3. CM Punk vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)...Escape From New York 7/9/05
4. CM Punk vs. James Gibson (ROH World Title Match)...Fate of an Angel II 7/16/05

Disc 2
8. CM Punk vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Match)...The Homecoming 7/23/05
9. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe vs. James Gibson vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Elimination Match)...Redemption 8/12/05
10. CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana (2 Out Of 3 Falls Match)...Punk: The Final Chapter 8/15/05

* This classic release also includes moments that solidified "The Summer of Punk" in the annals of ROH history including Punk's notorious contract signing, his confrontation with Mick Foley, and more!!!
Old 02-21-12, 10:54 AM

are those out of print dvd titles really worth as much as some offer on ebay, i heard sellers try to get north of 150 for dvds like wm17, but if you look around some stores sell those same dvds for much cheaper, in fact i recently seen both summerslam 2002 and wm 17 both under 30 at a store
Old 02-21-12, 11:07 AM

Second-hand stores have a set price they're going to sell the disc at. Ebay is just whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

The DVDs are NOT worth $150 a piece, guaranteed.
Old 02-21-12, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
The price of the Rock Blu-Ray has been lower from $19.99 to $16.99 on Amazon.com - same price as the DVD.

Good News - Glad I waited till today to order so I could save $3.00.
Bad News - I was going to order it with Ric Flair-Definiate Collection DVD - which is $6.95 - so that would
have put me over $25.00 for free shipping. Now with the price of the Rock Blu-Ray being lowered, I'm under
$25.00. Guess I have to find something for just over a $1.00 so I can get free shipping! LOL!

LB...
I pre-ordered the blu the other day at $19.99. Got my e-mail regarding my $3.00 refund today. Hell of a deal for my first wrestling Blu.
Old 02-21-12, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up the Rock Blu-ray from Best Buy this morning...had a $20 reward certificate that was going to expire March 3, so i used that...only cost me $10.50 taxes in.

Blu-rays in general are about $5-$10 more in Canada compared to the US, the sticker had $26.99. $16.99 US is an absolute steal for a WWE Blu-ray...any wrestling fan with a blu-ray player should definitely pick it up.

Going to pop in the documentary soon.
Old 02-21-12, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sg2386
Picked up the Rock Blu-ray from Best Buy this morning...had a $20 reward certificate that was going to expire March 3, so i used that...only cost me $10.50 taxes in.

Blu-rays in general are about $5-$10 more in Canada compared to the US, the sticker had $26.99. $16.99 US is an absolute steal for a WWE Blu-ray...any wrestling fan with a blu-ray player should definitely pick it up.

Going to pop in the documentary soon.
Got the Rock DVD and 2011 TLC PPV for twenty bucks total, after using a ten dollar RZ certificate and getting cheaper taxes outside the city...all at Best Buy.
Old 02-21-12, 08:33 PM

anybody that has the best of king of the ring dvd, does it fill out the whole screen like older dvd titles, i heard it has the black bars just like the blu ray even though its dvd, don't want any response besides is there black bars or not
Old 02-22-12, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
anybody that has the best of king of the ring dvd, does it fill out the whole screen like older dvd titles, i heard it has the black bars just like the blu ray even though its dvd, don't want any response besides is there black bars or not

is there black bars or not
Old 02-22-12, 10:32 AM

lol funny
really though is there black bars, on ladder match 2 dvd the screen was filled, but i heard starting with the king of the ring dvd they filmed it exactly like a blu ray with the black bars, just wondering because i dont want to but the dvd if its like that
so to anyone who has the dvd can u confirm if there are blu ray black bars on it
Old 02-22-12, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
lol funny
really though is there black bars, on ladder match 2 dvd the screen was filled, but i heard starting with the king of the ring dvd they filmed it exactly like a blu ray with the black bars, just wondering because i dont want to but the dvd if its like that
so to anyone who has the dvd can u confirm if there are blu ray black bars on it
People have explained it to you several times before, man. For all older material that was not originally shot in widescreen, it will always have the pillar boxes (black bars on left and right side) from now on. This is how WWE presents all of their stuff, since they do native anamorphic widescreen now. The reason the Ladder Match 2 set didn't have them is because all of the footage in that set (except for maybe a couple matches, primarily the OVW Beth Phoenix/Katie Lea ladder match) was shot in native widescreen format, as it is all fairly recent stuff.

I don't get why you have to be so obstinate about it. People have offered you simple solutions as to how to get rid of the black bars if you are so inclined, yet you seem so rigid about it that you don't even want to do that.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 02-22-12 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-23-12, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
People have explained it to you several times before, man.
You actually understood his post?!??! I had no idea what he was saying!
Old 02-23-12, 11:32 AM

So there is a 3 disc ECW set coming out in June of the top 25 ECW matches of all time. It states ECW was around from 1992 - 20001 and yes, that is true, but I don't see many 1992, or even 1993 matches making that dvd set.
Old 02-23-12, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
You actually understood his post?!??! I had no idea what he was saying!
Just barely enough to see that he was asking the same shit all over again for the 19th time. The funniest part is how he tries to dictate what sort of responses people are allowed to give......on a public forum.
Old 02-23-12, 01:06 PM

2 Questions.

1. So, from what I understand every PPV released on BD in the UK from Summerslam 2011 and onward has been region-free? If that's true, then it's awesome and I'll import them from Amazon UK.

2. Does anyone have any pics of the UK versions of PPVs from Summerslam 2010 onward? Specifically the inside cover, I need to see what the bonus discs on those look like because the US didn't get the bonus episodes of SD.

Thanks
Old 02-23-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

#1 is a definite yes. I can't help you with your 2nd item. Sorry.
Old 02-23-12, 05:34 PM

Figured the 2nd one would be tough to find anyway, lol. I'm still want to import those PPVs for those bonus discs, but I need to get my hands on a decent region-free BD player first, without spending $400.

In any case, I saw The Rock's BD yesterday. It was pretty good, I don't think they missed any bases and as much as I wanted it to be as long as Austin's, it wouldn't have made much sense. The Rock's career wasn't as long as Austin's.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.