Hardcore TV: 148 – 151
Hardcore TV: 200 – 203
Fancam – The Return of Raven – 08/26/1999
Old 11-26-11, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Ok... but what about matches from last year's tlc ppv? Or is that ppv always going to be ignored on these sets?

Releasing it in Mar 2012 would be the RIGHT thing to do!
For someone who is incredibly OCD about dates and things, sure. For a company whose primary goal is to make money, not really.
Old 11-26-11, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it's incredibly moronic to completely cut out Survivor Series (one of the Big 4 ppvs) and TLC out of the "best of the year" sets!
Old 11-28-11, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I do agree that it sucks to have things left off, but you have to look at it from their perspective. It is more important to them to get it out by a certain time than to include what may be one or two more matches at most. They market these "best of" type compilation releases to casual fans/buyers. They have to figure that anyone who would really care about a ppv or two being excluded probably already purchases all their PPV events on DVD anyway.
Old 11-29-11, 08:06 PM

Picked up the Stone Cold BR at walmart for 25, I just got a BR player and HDTV over the weekend so this was my first wwe BR. not to be a pain but can some provide a list or a link to all the wwe BR releases, thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-11, 09:14 PM

I ordered "The People's Edition" of WWE 12 from THQ's website and it arrived today. It has a bonus Blu-ray with 2 episodes of RAW on it. The episodes are from February 14, 2011 & April 4, 2011. The disc is housed in the slipcover of the game case. There's a little slot on the inside of the slipcover that holds the disc.

There's no pop-up menu and no chapter listing, so you have to hit the Skip button to bypass chapters to reach the one you want. It's also in 2.0 Dolby Digital, no option for 5.1
Old 11-29-11, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
I ordered "The People's Edition" of WWE 12 from THQ's website and it arrived today. It has a bonus Blu-ray with 2 episodes of RAW on it. The episodes are from February 14, 2011 & April 4, 2011. The disc is housed in the slipcover of the game case. There's a little slot on the inside of the slipcover that holds the disc.

There's no pop-up menu and no chapter listing, so you have to hit the Skip button to bypass chapters to reach the one you want. It's also in 2.0 Dolby Digital, no option for 5.1
Got mine today as well, but ordered from WWEShop. Here's a pic for reference if anyone's interested, sorry it's a little blurry (it's the camera).

Old 12-01-11, 02:49 PM

I just got through watching the Stone Cold documentary, and just had to come here to say how unbelievably brilliant it is. It is a must own story, up there with Rise And Fall Of ECW. I can't wait until the weekend to get watching all the other stuff on the Blu Ray now!
Old 12-04-11, 10:54 AM

on the new austin set, do they edit all the swearing/blood like they do on vintage/classics on demand, like on his promos and during matches, what are the edits
Old 12-04-11, 04:17 PM

They do edit a majority of the swearing, blood is all there. Even though I own several other Stone Cold DVD's this one is a must own. (Not to mention the blu-ray has bonus footage too). I thought it was strange they interview Percy Pringle and never mention him as Paul Bearer at all. The Jericho interviews are hilarious... especially when they talk about Vince taking the stunner.
Old 12-07-11, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WWEDVDnews has put up an article as to why the remaining Survivor Series Anthology volumes have been scrapped:

Following yesterday’s article clarifying what we know on the situation with the Survivor Series Anthology being put on hold, we had the chance to talk to a former WWE employee in this area, concerning the status of the series.

The source revealed to us that the prominent reason why further volumes of the Survivor Series Anthology haven’t been released is because they feature Owen Hart footage on them. They went on to say that WWE had plans in place to continue the collection in 2010 and around the same time that year Martha Hart went after them over the Hart & Soul: Hart Family Anthology DVD set.

Judging by this revelation and further comments from the former employee, it would appear that other theories on the Survivor Series Anthology not continuing (such as Chris Benoit’s inclusion or WWE no longer releasing ‘complete collection’ sets) can now be put to rest.

No official word if we’ll ever see new volumes but as of now that seems unlikely.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/reason-sur...ncelled/19078/
Old 12-07-11, 08:29 PM

What's the usual timetable for a Highspots order to ship and arrive at my house? I just placed my first order there and used the Fedex Ground shipping, but I have no idea how long they take.
Old 12-07-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TehOH1
What's the usual timetable for a Highspots order to ship and arrive at my house? I just placed my first order there and used the Fedex Ground shipping, but I have no idea how long they take.
They're usually pretty fast.

I place two orders (Black Friday and Cyber Monday) and my Cyber monday order arrived today...usually it's actually pretty quick, about 3-4 days max with priority shipping...i guess with the holidays coming up and Canadian customs there is some slowdown.

Been watching first disc of the NWA World Title in Japan and wow! such classic footage. Looking forward to digging into this set...love these multi-disc sets Highspots been putting out. I'm also going get the History of ECW Title and RVD's Complete TV Title reign soon.
Old 12-09-11, 10:03 AM

The postponed Triple H DVD project will be released in March: http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/?p=19106

Nice artwork on the Best PPV Matches set:

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-09-11, 11:53 AM

The Triple H DVD should be a buy from me if they aren't all PPV matches at least.
Old 12-09-11, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dillkid
The Triple H DVD should be a buy from me if they aren't all PPV matches at least.
The HHH set looks to be 3 Disc so it will most likely feature full length documentary, which i feel is long over due.
Old 12-11-11, 11:51 AM

Does anyone know if the UK region 2 Tagged classics have the WWF scratch logo blurred out? I'm looking to purchase some of these but was curious about the editing before I did. Thanks if anyone can help me.
Old 12-11-11, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by camwar
Does anyone know if the UK region 2 Tagged classics have the WWF scratch logo blurred out? I'm looking to purchase some of these but was curious about the editing before I did. Thanks if anyone can help me.
The scratch logo is unedited...the only parts with the WWE logo are the cover, disc art and menu.
Old 12-11-11, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Royal Rumble 2010 BluRay = Officially Out Of Print!

Check Out The Bottom Part: here
Old 12-14-11, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Wal-Mart had the Survivor Series dvd out early today, so I grabbed it for $13.
Old 12-14-11, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Wal-Mart had the Survivor Series dvd out early today, so I grabbed it for $13.
You got lucky there Ed. And you had no problems buying it or wal-mart giving you a stink about it violating street date?
Old 12-15-11, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

No problems whatsoever. I was actually very surprised by that, as I've had issues with trying to buy things early there in the past.
Old 12-15-11, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
No problems whatsoever. I was actually very surprised by that, as I've had issues with trying to buy things early there in the past.
I'm impressed as my Wal-mart would bitch and moan about not selling it to me due to street date violation but hey, I can wait a few more days for it but enjoy as I heard it was a good PPV.
Old 12-15-11, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rmw650
I'm impressed as my Wal-mart would bitch and moan about not selling it to me due to street date violation but hey, I can wait a few more days for it but enjoy as I heard it was a good PPV.
It wasn't good enough have any matches on the "best of 2011 PPV" dvd!
Old 12-16-11, 03:09 AM

Survivor Series was a brilliant Pay Per View, the best one since 2002. The only thing that I could fault was Sin Cara's tiny involvement on the card, but that would just be nitpicking.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.