Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 11-11-11, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by sg2386
DVD/Blu-ray covers for Best PPV matches 2011 and Best of RAW & Smackdown 2011 are revealed:

Best PPV matches 2011

Best of RAW & Smackdown 2011

Credit: WWEDVDNews.com
I kinda like the PPV matches cover art. Not really a fan of the other, it looks a bit thrown together.
Old 11-12-11, 03:55 AM

Both look cheap and tacky, WWE really must have lost the plot.
Old 11-12-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the PPV matches one is good. The other one sucks.

But it's just artwork. It's what's inside that counts.
Old 11-12-11, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by rmw650
But watch his widow bitch and complain that he's being used on the set.
I understand her side, even though I'd love to get a 3 disc Owen dvd and Owen action figures. Her husband died a horrible death, doing something he wasn't pleased with doing (coming down from the ceiling) and she feels that WWE exploited him with the Raw tribute show, and has exploited him over the years by ignoring whatever agreement they made and still putting him on their dvds. Yes she may have gotten 17 million or whatever, but it's plain and simple-she does NOT want the company that was responsible for the negligence to make any money off of her exploited husband. Bottom line. If it was me, and it happened to my wife, I would feel the same way, regardless of the fans feelings. She has her right to feel how she wants, and legally WWE has ignored a binding agreement for years. She has every right to sue. And we as fan should understand there's more to it then his wife "bitching" because we can't get certain matches on dvds or action figures.

Sorry for the long essay but I had to say what I had to say. Thanks for reading.
Old 11-12-11, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aces_High
I understand her side, even though I'd love to get a 3 disc Owen dvd and Owen action figures. Her husband died a horrible death, doing something he wasn't pleased with doing (coming down from the ceiling) and she feels that WWE exploited him with the Raw tribute show, and has exploited him over the years by ignoring whatever agreement they made and still putting him on their dvds. Yes she may have gotten 17 million or whatever, but it's plain and simple-she does NOT want the company that was responsible for the negligence to make any money off of her exploited husband. Bottom line. If it was me, and it happened to my wife, I would feel the same way, regardless of the fans feelings. She has her right to feel how she wants, and legally WWE has ignored a binding agreement for years. She has every right to sue. And we as fan should understand there's more to it then his wife "bitching" because we can't get certain matches on dvds or action figures.

Sorry for the long essay but I had to say what I had to say. Thanks for reading.
I agree with what you had to say Aces, but the fact is she needs to abide by her acceptance to this agreement she and they adhered to back in 2000, BUT IF the WWE is doing this (utilizing his image) for the mere fact of exploiting his image and character and such, then they should be held accountable for such actions. But we also have to understand that WWE does own the rights to his matches and likeness of Owen and she's just out to try and either claim more money from them or whatever her intentions are. WWE isn't innocent in this either as they could have prevented any of this from happening but unfortunately, it is what it is.
Old 11-19-11, 03:17 PM

I picked up the Ladder Match 2 dvd yesterday, and the first disc only has 2 hours and 15 minutes of wrestling on it!! I know blu rays are popular and can carry more on it, but you think with the amount of ladder matches that the WWE has in their library, that they could have filled up the Ladder Match 2 dvd with close to 3 hours on each disc.
Old 11-21-11, 09:03 PM

Nothing like browsing the used wrestling section at MovieStop and coming across the Trish Stratus Collectors Edition. It was a dvd I never thought I would own becuase I was never gonna pay what others have for it. Was a good weekend!!
Old 11-22-11, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best PPV Matches 2011 content is up:

Disc 1
Kicking Things Off

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler
Royal Rumble – 30th January, 2011

Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Big Show
Elimination Chamber – 20th February, 2011

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
WrestleMania XXVII – 3rd April, 2011

No Holds Barred Match
Undertaker vs. Triple H

Disc 2
One Door Closes, Another Open Up

Ladder Match for the Vacant World Heavyweight Championship
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio
Extreme Rules – 1st May, 2011

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
Capitol Punishment – 19th June, 2011

Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Evan Bourne vs. Jack Swagger vs. R-Truth vs. The Miz vs. Alex Riley vs. Rey Mysterio
Money in the Bank – 17th July, 2011

A Message From CM Punk

WWE Championship Match
John Cena vs. CM Punk
Money in the Bank – 17th July, 2011

Disc 3
One More Time

No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Christian vs. Randy Orton
SummerSlam – 14th August, 2011

Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry
Night of Champions – 18th September, 2011

No Disqualification Match
Triple H vs. CM Punk
Night of Champions – 18th September, 2011

Divas Championship Match
Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix
Hell in a Cell – 2nd October, 2011

Triple Threat Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
John Cena vs. CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio
Hell in a Cell – 2nd October, 2011

Mark Henry vs. Big Show
Vengeance – 23rd October, 2011

Banner Year

Blu-Ray Exclusives
Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth
Over the Limit – 22nd May, 2011

Randy Orton vs. Christian
Capitol Punishment – 19th June, 2011

Rey Mysterio, John Morrison & Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz, R-Truth & Alberto Del Rio
SummerSlam – 14th August, 2011

Christian Discusses His Match with Alberto Del Rio at Extreme Rules

Cody Rhodes Discusses His Match with Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania

Dolph Ziggler Discusses His Match with Edge at Royal Rumble

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/full-match...blu-ray/18836/
Old 11-22-11, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Cue the whining about it only going through October......
Old 11-22-11, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No matches from the TLC ppv?! I guess they're not going to be good enough.
Old 11-22-11, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
No matches from the TLC ppv?! I guess they're not going to be good enough.
Right on time. Did you truly expect otherwise at this point? This is right in line with their past releases. Are you not aware that there is a fairly sizeable lead time required to manufacture these and get them into the retail channel? If they waited in order to include matches from mid to late December, they would be releasing it in March of 2012. They clearly wanted it out before the end of the year.
Old 11-22-11, 09:00 PM

FYI: I went to BestBuy today and they had the new Stone Cold Steve Austin blu/dvd on the shelf already. Picked up a copy of each. The blu ray has an insert! dvd 19.99/blu 24.99

Old 11-22-11, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice! enjoy!

How did they manage to ring up the sale? don't they have some system where if they scan a DVD/blu-ray/game it will automatically block the sale saying "not to sell before XXXX date"? Where I live Best Buy can't even ring up a sale before release date.

It happened to me few times in the past, the guy said they would fined $10,000 for every copy they sold before street date.

Anyways, looking forward to watching the documentary, looks like it might be on par with Bret/HBK.

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
FYI: I went to BestBuy today and they had the new Stone Cold Steve Austin blu/dvd on the shelf already. Picked up a copy of each. The blu ray has an insert! dvd 19.99/blu 24.99

Old 11-23-11, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32

Any reason in particular you buy both versions? Is it to watch in another location without a BD player, or just for collecting/completist purposes?
Old 11-23-11, 06:54 AM

I have never had a problem with BestBuy and release dates, the only place I know of that is strict on that is KMart.

..yes I buy both the dvd and blu so that I can take the dvds on trips where I will not have access to a blu ray player. And I do collect the region 1 releases.
Old 11-23-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Right on time. Did you truly expect otherwise at this point? This is right in line with their past releases. Are you not aware that there is a fairly sizeable lead time required to manufacture these and get them into the retail channel? If they waited in order to include matches from mid to late December, they would be releasing it in March of 2012. They clearly wanted it out before the end of the year.
Ok... but what about matches from last year's tlc ppv? Or is that ppv always going to be ignored on these sets?

Releasing it in Mar 2012 would be the RIGHT thing to do!
Old 11-23-11, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Ok... but what about matches from last year's tlc ppv? Or is that ppv always going to be ignored on these sets?

Releasing it in Mar 2012 would be the RIGHT thing to do!
I think they should run from April to WrestleMania like the first set, that way you build up to the biggest show.

BTW did you see the total run time of the set?... 7h 2m 14s!
Old 11-23-11, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sg2386
Best PPV Matches 2011 content is up:
Ugh. I was hoping for both Punk vs Cena matches (at least we got the best one) as well as Daniel Bryan's win in MITB. I was also minorly hoping for Punk vs DelRio at the last PPV but I guess it wasn't meant to be. At least they have the sense to include a lot of Punk this year. I do want to give props to them for including the Cody Rhodes/Misterio match from Mania (even though I already have the set), well underrappreciated match. I'll still buy this set for the Punk stuff, but I might have to buy a couple of PPV dvds (since the effers won't do blu-ray on anything except Wrestlemanias and specials) as well.
Old 11-24-11, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Ugh. I was hoping for both Punk vs Cena matches (at least we got the best one) as well as Daniel Bryan's win in MITB. I was also minorly hoping for Punk vs DelRio at the last PPV but I guess it wasn't meant to be. At least they have the sense to include a lot of Punk this year. I do want to give props to them for including the Cody Rhodes/Misterio match from Mania (even though I already have the set), well underrappreciated match. I'll still buy this set for the Punk stuff, but I might have to buy a couple of PPV dvds (since the effers won't do blu-ray on anything except Wrestlemanias and specials) as well.
They are probably saving the Summerslam Punk/Cena match for the new
CM Punk DVD that has been rumored for release in the new year.
Old 11-24-11, 02:53 PM

One of the Best Buy's near me has the Austin DVD out early. I must say that the documentary is really, really, awesome. I would highly recommend purchasing and devoting two hours, thirty-one minutes watching it. Well done and this is on par as one of the best superstar documentaries the WWE has put out.

The Austin on Livewire extra really made me crack up.
Old 11-24-11, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian, did you have any problems at the register paying for this, considering this doesn't street until this coming Tuesday? I'm just wondering that if it is available, if i can get this now instead of waiting for a few days as I'm looking forward to this set.
Old 11-24-11, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650
Brian, did you have any problems at the register paying for this, considering this doesn't street until this coming Tuesday? I'm just wondering that if it is available, if i can get this now instead of waiting for a few days as I'm looking forward to this set.
It rang up with no issues. I went home and watched a little bit before I went to sleep and watched the rest this morning. I went there about 90 minutes before closing.
Old 11-24-11, 11:22 PM
Cool New Member

Add me to those who found the Austin set early. I found it at Walmart though for $24.99 on Blu. They also had the DVD for $19.99. I watched the documentary and most of the extras. It was very good. I liked it a lot. There was no problem at the register even though it was out early.
Old 11-25-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WWE Shop Zone is having a "Door Buster" sale on DVDs/Blu-Rays.

Heres a link to WWEDVDNews.com talking about it: http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wweshop-bl...ay-sale/18879/

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-25-11 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-25-11, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ring of Honor is also having 30% off sale (50% if you're a "ringside member") on ALL dvds.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.