Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 07-26-11, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Nice! just picked up the blu-ray on my way back from work. Can't wait to pop it in, looking forward to watching the Iron man match.
Old 07-27-11, 05:25 PM

I picked up the 21st century dvd at kmart for 14.99.
Old 07-28-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U got a good deal there, figuring it will be good until this Saturday on that price.
Old 07-28-11, 06:36 PM

According to WWEDVDNEWS the Best Buy Money in the Bank Blu-Ray has been
cancelled. I had pre-ordered it on the Bestbuy.com and the sku # (WWE: Money in the Bank 2011-Dubbed AC3 Dolby-Blu-ray Disc
SKU: 19283015) no longer appears in their data base.
I guess it is just the standard dvd for me--too bad as i was hoping to pick up the great RAW footage of the lead-up to the angle on the BLU--unlikely more than 10-15 minutes of extra footage will make it to the standard dvd.
Old 07-28-11, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by supplex55
cancelled. I had pre-ordered it on the Bestbuy.com and the sku # (WWE: Money in the Bank 2011-Dubbed AC3 Dolby-Blu-ray Disc
I guess it is just the standard dvd for me--too bad as i was hoping to pick up the great RAW footage of the lead-up to the angle on the BLU--unlikely more than 10-15 minutes of extra footage will make it to the standard dvd.
The DVD will only have a Daniel Bryan interview which is likely not more than a minute long.

DVD extras have really fallen over the years. They could at least include the dark matches before the ppv which is what they use to do in past releases few years back.

Even they slacked on WM...now they only include the HOF, a pre-ppv match and couple of segments here and there.
Old 07-28-11, 07:51 PM

The regression of their DVD extras over time was one of the more disappointing things about watching PPVs over the years I was away from wrestling (2002-2009), however I did appreciate that their encoding improved. If that's the trade off then it's one I accept, though surely 10-20 minutes of extras (ideally relevant clips from Raw/SD to place the event in context) shouldn't be too much for a dual layer disc.
Old 07-29-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No surprise there as when Silvervision announced it wouldn't be coming to BD, they knew what they were talking about and as for that guy who posted the fake Bd of this recent PPV, what a jackass as he was only making an idiot out of himself.
Old 08-01-11, 12:43 PM

Someone answer me this question-is there a FYE Exclusive version of The Best of Monday Nitro DVD, yes or no. And is it still available or are stores sold out of it?
Old 08-01-11, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ugh. They really are missing the boat by not doing a blu-ray of this one. It was an event that was right up there with Wrestlemania (besting it in my opinion). I might or might not get the dvd now where the blu-ray was a must buy. Truly unfortunate.
Old 08-01-11, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Someone answer me this question-is there a FYE Exclusive version of The Best of Monday Nitro DVD, yes or no. And is it still available or are stores sold out of it?
Yes, it exists. These are the extras...

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Mr. JL
26th August, 1996

DDP Monday Nitro Highlights
(Package of DDP’s career highlights on Nitro)

Afraid of Heights
(DDP talks about when Sting took him up in the rafters)

I don't know if it's still available in-store, but it is listed on their site.
http://www.fye.com/WWE--The-Very-Bes...VVviewprod.htm
Old 08-01-11, 08:59 PM

Yeah I ordered it, and then got an email saying it's backordered but it should ship within 30 days. I can't believe I missed out on that. Any other dvds that have been released in the past year that have had exclusives?

Also has anyone else on the forum found the Walmart exclusive version of the 3 disc Kane dvd? I got 2, one to open and one to keep MIP. I'll take pics of it tomorrow cause Raw is on now and I'm off to bed right after.
Old 08-01-11, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I ordered it, and then got an email saying it's backordered but it should ship within 30 days. I can't believe I missed out on that. Any other dvds that have been released in the past year that have had exclusives?

Also has anyone else on the forum found the Walmart exclusive version of the 3 disc Kane dvd? I got 2, one to open and one to keep MIP. I'll take pics of it tomorrow cause Raw is on now and I'm off to bed right after.
Never knew there was an exclusive walmart Kane DVD. It would be great if you can take pics...would love to see what it was.
Old 08-02-11, 05:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sg2386
Never knew there was an exclusive walmart Kane DVD. It would be great if you can take pics...would love to see what it was.
I never knew that too, would be interested to see if they have extra matches, I would pick it up if there are extra matches
Old 08-02-11, 08:55 AM

No there's no new matches (that I'm aware of-although I didn't check it out yet) it's just in different packaging. And it's new too-it's not like it was released at Walmart in this case when it was originally released a few years back, because I believe I actually bought the original dvd from Walmart.

Remember the slim crappy cardboard case the Kane dvd set came in? And those lousy slides that hold the dvds? Well this is just a regular dvd case with what I guess is a flipper inside to hold all 3 discs. I'm headed out to Best Buy to buy UFC 130 right now, I won't be more than an hour. I'll take pics of the Kane dvd once I get back home. I bought one to open and one to keep sealed, so you'll get pics of the inside and everything.
Old 08-02-11, 09:59 AM

Alright here's the pics of the (not so)new Kane DVD. I forgot to mention that I found this located in the $5 bin at Walmat here in Centereach, NY on Long Island.
It's re released in a different case style. Believe it or not, both this version and the original version have the same exact UPC# and there are no differences in anything content wise that I'm aware of. Basically picked this up cause I like finding cool re-releases/represses/exclusives/etc etc.

Enjoy the pics. The original dvd is on the left side in the first 2 pics. The rest of the pics taken are of the new 'variant' found at Walmart.

Old 08-02-11, 01:05 PM

That's so much better than the original packaging.
Old 08-02-11, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They really need to start using those cases for all their 3 disc releases. The all cardboard book style stuff is so 2004.
Old 08-02-11, 01:56 PM
Banned

Alright here's the pics of the (not so)new Kane DVD. I forgot to mention that I found this located in the $5 bin at Walmat here in Centereach, NY on Long Island.
It's re released in a different case style. Believe it or not, both this version and the original version have the same exact UPC# and there are no differences in anything content wise that I'm aware of. Basically picked this up cause I like finding cool re-releases/represses/exclusives/etc etc.

Enjoy the pics. The original dvd is on the left side in the first 2 pics. The rest of the pics taken are of the new 'variant' found at Walmart.

That is much better packaging! I am going to look for the Wal-Mart version and sell the old packaging, thank you!
Old 08-02-11, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my first time posting in this thread, and just had a general question:

Are the Wrestlemania/Summerslam/Royal Rumble anothologies going OOP? It seems they're always listed as X left in stock at amazon, and seem to be going for higher prices lately. Thanks!
Old 08-02-11, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft

Are the Wrestlemania/Summerslam/Royal Rumble anothologies going OOP? It seems they're always listed as X left in stock at amazon, and seem to be going for higher prices lately. Thanks!
I highly doubt any of them are being produced anymore, but there should be plenty out there for purchase in the retail channels.
Old 08-02-11, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrStayPuft

I think only the complete boxsets (with the storage box) are OOP...you can easily find the individual volumes for all three events.

I know for sure the WM1-21 set from 2005 is OOP then they came with WM1-22 which was originally a Best Buy exclusive which i think is widely available at some stores. At this time you probably will only see 1-2 sets, if lucky. I remember when i bought the Anthologies when they came out the Best Buy around my area only had 1 or 2 sets...priced at $150-$200 stores wouldn't want to have these sitting around the warehouse.

The updated packaging for the Kane DVD was how the Tombstone History of the Undertaker set was packaged in Canada instead of 3 discs stacked in the US. The Hardcore Edition of the Foley DVD was also packaged like that. Prefer this packaging over the cardboard any day.
Old 08-02-11, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Time to look through the dump bin at Wal-mart then for this...at 5 bucks, I'll get this.
Old 08-02-11, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
I know for sure the WM1-21 set from 2005 is OOP then they came with WM1-22 which was originally a Best Buy exclusive which i think is widely available at some stores. At this time you probably will only see 1-2 sets, if lucky. I remember when i bought the Anthologies when they came out the Best Buy around my area only had 1 or 2 sets...priced at $150-$200 stores wouldn't want to have these sitting around the warehouse.
The 22-disc WrestleMania Anthology was a FYE and WWE Shop exclusive back in the US. I remember purchasing it from FYE back in December of 2006. I have the original receipt somewhere in my room.
Old 08-02-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
The 22-disc WrestleMania Anthology was a FYE and WWE Shop exclusive back in the US. I remember purchasing it from FYE back in December of 2006. I have the original receipt somewhere in my room.
Good to know...in Canada the 22 disc was a Best Buy exclusive, i assumed it would have been the same in the US.

One thing i wanted to know, WM21 was stored under the lid in the 21 disc anthology...where was 22 stored?
Old 08-03-11, 02:48 AM
Cool New Member

They were both stored under the lid. They came in a cheap cardboard jewel case with plastic bases for each disc glued to it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.