Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 03-22-11, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by FireStarta316
Nice surprise when I checked the mail today. I got the Elimination Chamber 2011 Blu Ray a day early from Amazon.
Must be a good day for WWE DVD surprises in the mail. I got the Big Show DVD a few days ago and when I checked the mail today...another Big Show DVD! Made sure I didn't get charged twice.
Old 03-23-11, 05:50 AM

Here is the custom insert for The True Story of WrestleMania blu-ray. If anyone wants to use it.

Last edited by md2810; 03-23-11 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-23-11, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just realized keith david did the narration for the Wrestlemania dvd. Did a great job.
Old 03-23-11, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
Must be a good day for WWE DVD surprises in the mail. I got the Big Show DVD a few days ago and when I checked the mail today...another Big Show DVD! Made sure I didn't get charged twice.
Will buy the spare of you? If you're selling it?
Old 03-23-11, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Maybe you guys can help me out. I was a big wrestling fan in the 80s/early 90s. I caught "The Rise and Fall of WCW" on netflix streaming the other day and the behind the scenes stuff, interviews, recollections of the stars, etc, were all HUGELY fascinating to me. I then watched the first volume of the Story of Wrestlemania, also very interesting.

Can anyone recommend some DVDs that are in the same vein; that is documentaries about the wrestling business, history, etc? I'm more interested overall in the backstage stuff--I'll watch highlights etc but I have ZERO interest in seeing the old matches themselves. I also (right now) have zero interest in Japanese wrestling--I'm mainly in this for the nostalgia angle and for knowing more about the goings on when I was watching, again, WWF in the 80s and the Nitro/RAW era in the 90s. (ECW is OK too!) I'm interested in the early days too but not nearly as much, and individual wrestlers are interesting to me but the biz as a whole is my key here.

Specific enough? LOL.

(PS I have seen Wrestling with Shadows and Beyond the Mat).
Old 03-23-11, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
Maybe you guys can help me out. I was a big wrestling fan in the 80s/early 90s. I caught "The Rise and Fall of WCW" on netflix streaming the other day and the behind the scenes stuff, interviews, recollections of the stars, etc, were all HUGELY fascinating to me. I then watched the first volume of the Story of Wrestlemania, also very interesting.

Can anyone recommend some DVDs that are in the same vein; that is documentaries about the wrestling business, history, etc? I'm more interested overall in the backstage stuff--I'll watch highlights etc but I have ZERO interest in seeing the old matches themselves. I also (right now) have zero interest in Japanese wrestling--I'm mainly in this for the nostalgia angle and for knowing more about the goings on when I was watching, again, WWF in the 80s and the Nitro/RAW era in the 90s. (ECW is OK too!) I'm interested in the early days too but not nearly as much, and individual wrestlers are interesting to me but the biz as a whole is my key here.

Specific enough? LOL.

(PS I have seen Wrestling with Shadows and Beyond the Mat).
Definitely Rise and Fall of ECW...one of the best WWE produced documentaries, it goes over almost every little detail about the company lasting close to 3 hours.
Old 03-23-11, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Definitely Rise and Fall of ECW...one of the best WWE produced documentaries, it goes over almost every little detail about the company lasting close to 3 hours.
And Heyman's "Eric Bischoff is full of shit" is probably one of the best WWE DVD moments ever.
Old 03-23-11, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dave88
Will buy the spare of you? If you're selling it?
Sorry, already had someone who bought it.
Old 03-24-11, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree with sg2386 on the Rise and Fall of ECW set. It's a must view and I say that as someone who was never all that into ECW. I'd also definitely check out the Monday Night War DVD, though a bit of the material was rehashed on the Rise and Fall of WCW doc.
Old 03-24-11, 12:47 AM

Guess I'm a tad bit late with my comments. Not my intention to sound like a broken record. I just wanted to say how disappointing the Wrestlemania Documentary was. Easily one of the worst I ever watched.

I also agree Rise and Fall of ECW IS the best WWE produced documentary.
Old 03-24-11, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kaori00
Guess I'm a tad bit late with my comments. Not my intention to sound like a broken record. I just wanted to say how disappointing the Wrestlemania Documentary was. Easily one of the worst I ever watched.
I would absolutely agree, I thought the entire world had gone raving mad about the documentary calling it the best thing since the wheel and electricity.

After all the hype it was very much a let down.

The doc skipped over things EVERYWHERE (ie WrestleMania V was in Atlantic City again - that was it! 6 was in SkyDome, 8 sucked (apparently), 12 had an iron man match, 15,16 are brushed off. And according to Sheamus the only thing anyone cared about at 17 was Taker/Triple H (WWE obviously don't agree with the rest of the world that 17 was arguably the best ever))

I think what they should have done it release this set is just focused on WrestleMania I - the background, the hype, the build, the show, the feuds, the matches, the fallout and the legacy.

For me that would have been a better watch.
Old 03-24-11, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks guys! Think I'll pull the trigger on it...13 bucks on amazon and that seems OK by me.
Old 03-24-11, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also recommend the WCCW and AWA ones as well.
Old 03-24-11, 06:38 PM

Not sure if already posted but here's a custom insert for Mania Story Blu-ray: http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wres...-insert/11547/

Also full artwork pics of DX One Last Stand DVD: http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...-photos/11573/

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-24-11, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heads up - TNA is running their Spring Sale and has some decent prices on DVDs.
Old 03-25-11, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sg2386
Monday Night Wars is a great behind the scenes look at how this feud started and ended.

You might also check out Hard Knocks. I have the dvd, but haven't seen it yet. It supposely has interviews with Al Snow and CM Punk

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DL0R4G
Old 03-25-11, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by md2810
I would absolutely agree, I thought the entire world had gone raving mad about the documentary calling it the best thing since the wheel and electricity.

After all the hype it was very much a let down.

The doc skipped over things EVERYWHERE (ie WrestleMania V was in Atlantic City again - that was it! 6 was in SkyDome, 8 sucked (apparently), 12 had an iron man match, 15,16 are brushed off. And according to Sheamus the only thing anyone cared about at 17 was Taker/Triple H (WWE obviously don't agree with the rest of the world that 17 was arguably the best ever))

I think what they should have done it release this set is just focused on WrestleMania I - the background, the hype, the build, the show, the feuds, the matches, the fallout and the legacy.

For me that would have been a better watch.
Mark, are you going to be making inserst for the new DX DVD coming out in less than two weeks time? Hoping you will and great job as always. Richard
Old 03-26-11, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by rmw650
Mark, are you going to be making inserst for the new DX DVD coming out in less than two weeks time? Hoping you will and great job as always. Richard
There indeed is an insert coming for the DX DVD/Blu-Ray. (Hoping to work on it this weekend!)

Did anyone checkout the Mania Story Blu-Ray insert?

Old 03-26-11, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There indeed is an insert coming for the DX DVD/Blu-Ray. (Hoping to work on it this weekend!)

Did anyone checkout the Mania Story Blu-Ray insert?
As always, THANK U so much Mark. Brilliant job on those. You'd think WWE would have listened to our pleas for inserts and they actually made an effort on the WM one but yet they're going back to their old ways, I see. Thanks to you, we can have proper inserts for these sets. Appreciate it again!
Old 03-26-11, 11:59 PM

Watching the Hulk Hogan Ultimate Anthology, is there an audio problem at the end of the Wrestlemania VII match on all copies?
Old 03-27-11, 12:37 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by WWEFan
Watching the Hulk Hogan Ultimate Anthology, is there an audio problem at the end of the Wrestlemania VII match on all copies?
I can't say for sure about all copies but mine went silent while Hogan was celebrating too.
Old 03-27-11, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to WWEDVDNews.com, TNA are releasing:

Immortal Forever
Sacrifice & Slammiverary Twin Pack

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/3-new-upco...na-dvds/11714/
Old 03-28-11, 09:18 AM

WWEDVDNews

Included on WWE Magazine in the UK this Friday.

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-28-11, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by FireStarta316
Heads up - TNA is running their Spring Sale and has some decent prices on DVDs.
So wait, everything's free?
Old 03-29-11, 08:12 AM
Cool New Member

Just a heads up. Saw WWE Undertaker's Deadliest matches for 10 bucks at WalMart last night. Also saw the WWE Jeff Hardy DVD for 13. Of course mileage may very. This was up state NY.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.