Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-10, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Both the Highest Flyers and Jericho sets look to be outstanding in match quality. I can't wait for these to come out.
Old 09-12-10, 12:25 PM

For anyone interested, saw Legends of Wrestling with Ric Flair and Sgt. Slaughter in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart.
Old 09-12-10, 03:07 PM
Cool New Member

For anyone interested WWEshop has marked down all the 2008 PPV's to between $8 and $10.
Old 09-13-10, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
Yeah, Owen Hart isn't probably included due to the current lawsuit Martha has against WWE.
Owen's on the new Raw set, so I'm not sure how much that has to do with it.
Old 09-13-10, 10:26 PM

Just an FYI, the Best of SmackDown 2010 set is being listed on BestBuy.com for a Blu-Ray release, so it looks like that one won't go the way of last year's best of RAW set in terms on getting a BD release.
Old 09-13-10, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I still wish WWE would release the Raw 2009 set on BR, i would even take a WWESHOP.com exclusive if thats a way to get it
Old 09-14-10, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JPeeples
Owen's on the new Raw set, so I'm not sure how much that has to do with it.
That set was either completed or near-completion when the lawsuit talk started up, so it was too late at that point.
Old 09-14-10, 11:06 AM

Picked up the Summerslam 2010 BD this morning, turns out it only includes the previous week's RAW with no sight of Smackdown. Both Summerslam & RAW are on 1 disc.

The set looks great on the inside though with an image of the summerslam stage on the backside of the cover, similar to the wrestlemania BDs

EDIT: Note on the Summerslam BD, the music in the menu is "Fight" from the 2002 Summerslam. I marked out a little but for it because this was COMPLETELY unexpected.

Last edited by ShadyLPete; 09-14-10 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 02:59 PM

So now the question is weather to pick up the Best Buy Summerslam BD, or wait for the UK release which according to Silvision's website will have both Raw & Smackdown (but of course, that can change too)
Old 09-15-10, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
Picked up the Summerslam 2010 BD this morning, turns out it only includes the previous week's RAW with no sight of Smackdown. Both Summerslam & RAW are on 1 disc.

The set looks great on the inside though with an image of the summerslam stage on the backside of the cover, similar to the wrestlemania BDs

EDIT: Note on the Summerslam BD, the music in the menu is "Fight" from the 2002 Summerslam. I marked out a little but for it because this was COMPLETELY unexpected.
Yeah, I was kind of disappointed when my friend pointed out to me that SmackDown wasn't on there. Of course when I opened it and found only one disc I understood.

At least Raw is still in HD. I was worried they'd put it in SD to fit on the disc. Of course if they had done it in SD they could have fit both...
Old 09-15-10, 10:56 AM

So have you lot already started getting the WWE Blu's then? I myself refuse to until all releases (Or PPVs at least) are on the format.
Old 09-15-10, 11:09 AM

At the moment I am buying DVD and BD versions but if they finally make the shift to everything being released on BD I will stop getting the DVDs.
Old 09-15-10, 11:28 AM

For releases like Steamboat, Jericho etc looking back on lots of older footage it's perfectly acceptable to buy the DVD but for PPVs originally shot in HD but then released on DVD only I have a problem with that. Still, I'm a completist and if no Blu Ray comes for a particular event I end up getting the DVD reluctantly at a later date. The Blus look to be increasing now which is great news.
Old 09-16-10, 01:07 PM

Can some of my fellow collector's help me out with something. I just recently picked up WWF: Best of 2001 on Amazon, after finally coming across it for a price that I would pay at 19.99. I just received it today, and it is in tremendous condition, but the artwork on the disc itself doesn't look quite right, and I'm having some reservations about it right now. For someone that has the disc, are you able to post pictures of the DVD itself, the back of the DVD, and a close up of the inside rim on the back of the disc showing the serial code on it?

The 3 problems I have would be:
1) I can see through the back of the disc, showing some of the logos on the front (the copyright and DVD logo). I figured that is possibily how thin the disc was made, but I'm unsure.

2) The DVD artwork itself looks a bit fuzzy, like it was not printed well. Once again, may just be how Koch had printed it, but I've NEVER come across another copy, so I have nothing to compare it to.

3) On the inside rim of the DVD, it does not have the normal WWE Serial Number like all other DVDs have. I'm not sure if this is normal for the Koch releases or not.

If someone can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't have any other Koch releases, and I've never seen this DVD before, so I hope that someone can put my worries at ease.

Thanks alot!
Old 09-16-10, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TommyD1030
Can some of my fellow collector's help me out with something. I just recently picked up WWF: Best of 2001 on Amazon, after finally coming across it for a price that I would pay at 19.99. I just received it today, and it is in tremendous condition, but the artwork on the disc itself doesn't look quite right, and I'm having some reservations about it right now. For someone that has the disc, are you able to post pictures of the DVD itself, the back of the DVD, and a close up of the inside rim on the back of the disc showing the serial code on it?

1) I can see through the back of the disc, showing some of the logos on the front (the copyright and DVD logo). I figured that is possibily how thin the disc was made, but I'm unsure.

2) The DVD artwork itself looks a bit fuzzy, like it was not printed well. Once again, may just be how Koch had printed it, but I've NEVER come across another copy, so I have nothing to compare it to.

3) On the inside rim of the DVD, it does not have the normal WWE Serial Number like all other DVDs have. I'm not sure if this is normal for the Koch releases or not.

If someone can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't have any other Koch releases, and I've never seen this DVD before, so I hope that someone can put my worries at ease.

Thanks alot!
All my WWE DVDs are KOCH releases and the inside rim on the back of the discs have a serial number and also another that starts with KOCH-DV-XXXX and with the last four digits being numbers. In 2001 it would have been KOCH-DV-8xxx. I don't have Best of 2001 (still looking for a copy), but maybe it was different compared to others.

I noticed the back of the DVDs were gold color for the 2000-2001 DVDs. Could have changed or maybe even been re-released sometime in 2002.

But there should definitely be a serial number on the disc itself.

$20 seems really cheap for this DVD considering it goes for $80+, you might have been scammed for a bootleg. Sometimes these guys can make a DVD so authentic to the real thing, depending how good they are.
Old 09-16-10, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by TommyD1030

Thanks alot!
1) That is the way it is on my copy as well.
2) The DVD art is fuzzy. That is the way the Koch versions are. I checked my copy of Insurrexion 2002 and Lita: It Just Feels Right and that is how it is on most Koch releases at the time.
3) The catalog number is printed on the disc art just above the Koch logo.
Old 09-16-10, 06:56 PM

Post pics and I'm sure we'll be able to tell you if it's real or fake
Old 09-16-10, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kmart has the 2-pack exclusive Summerslam 2009 & 2010 editions for $14.99...didn't seem like it was a sale but their regular price but check your Kmarts by Saturday just to be on the safe side.
Old 09-17-10, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by rmw650
Kmart has the 2-pack exclusive Summerslam 2009 & 2010 editions for $14.99...didn't seem like it was a sale but their regular price but check your Kmarts by Saturday just to be on the safe side.
I thought they'd been cancelled?
Old 09-17-10, 08:44 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. I had done some research with some members of another forum as well, and found out that what I have is real. All serial numbers match, artwork, etc....thanks!
Old 09-17-10, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
I thought they'd been cancelled?
Cactus,

That's what I thought as well, but my Kmart here in Chicago had them right there in the electronics section as a two-pack for $15 bucks. Great deal on this if you need both PPVs. I think it's good until tomorrow.
Old 09-18-10, 06:25 AM

Yeah I spotted the summerslam 2pack at a KMart in Farmingville, NY yesterday.

Hope I can find the Flair/Slaughter Legends dvd for $5....my artwork got damaged some how on the one I own.
Old 09-18-10, 07:20 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tNlxtPfFs1s?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tNlxtPfFs1s?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/sneak-pek-...code-dvd/5144/
Old 09-18-10, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Yeah I spotted the summerslam 2pack at a KMart in Farmingville, NY yesterday.

Hope I can find the Flair/Slaughter Legends dvd for $5....my artwork got damaged some how on the one I own.
ACES,

It's a matter of digging deep into the weels of those dump bins to fins this title. I'm going to Wal-mart this weekend and if I do find one, I'll pick one up for you and we can do a trade if that works for you.

Richard
Old 09-18-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Not sure if anyone is interested but amazon has Smackdown vs Raw 2009 Collector's Edition for PS3 on sale for $9, it includes the bonus Blu-Ray of like 10 matches in HD. Thought someone might like to grab it for the BR at that price. I am kinda broke right now so I can't get it maybe if they keep the price another week or two I can

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.