Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-10, 01:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

The Wrestlemania that had Goldberg vs Lesnar and a cruiserweight match with Ultimo Dragon had some edits/cuts. They cut the part were Goldberg and Dragon slipped in the ramp.
Old 08-23-10, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
The Wrestlemania that had Goldberg vs Lesnar and a cruiserweight match with Ultimo Dragon had some edits/cuts. They cut the part were Goldberg and Dragon slipped in the ramp.
That "feature" couldn't have been Europe exclusive!
Old 08-23-10, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
The Ultimo Dragon slip was also edited out in the North American versions.
Old 08-24-10, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep, it sure was, although you could still see the slip, just from kinda far away. It was still pretty funny.
Old 08-24-10, 01:54 PM

If anyone can help me out with this by answering it for me, it would be greatly appreciated. But how much should used wrestling dvds be sold for?? And how much should the 2 disc sets or the 3 disc sets be compared to a 1 disc wrestling dvd when being sold??

Also, what about vhs wrestling tapes?? How much should they be sold for each?? Just cause vhs is kind of a thing of the past for sure.
Old 08-24-10, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by jammer311
If anyone can help me out with this by answering it for me, it would be greatly appreciated. But how much should used wrestling dvds be sold for?? And how much should the 2 disc sets or the 3 disc sets be compared to a 1 disc wrestling dvd when being sold??

Also, what about vhs wrestling tapes?? How much should they be sold for each?? Just cause vhs is kind of a thing of the past for sure.
Don't under-estimate the awesomeness of wrestling VHS tapes. I still collect them.
Old 08-24-10, 03:55 PM
Cool New Member

According to pwpix .net

WWE Best of the High Flyers is being renamed to Wrestling's Highest Flyers.
Old 08-24-10, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by babj311
According to pwpix .net

WWE Best of the High Flyers is being renamed to Wrestling's Highest Flyers.
Strange, I didn't think WWE like advertising the something with the word "wrestling" in it, other than "Wrestle"mania.
Old 08-24-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well WWE does stand for World WRESTLING Entertainment but I am a little surprised too because the dropped Wrestling from the 2nd Greteast Stars DVD set
Old 08-24-10, 05:27 PM

Chris Jericho Breaking The Code DVD Reviews

<object width="400" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EuGomrIg5HM?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EuGomrIg5HM?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="250"></embed></object>

Written review: http://www.wwedvdnews.com/first-revi...mjericho/4167/
Old 08-24-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Summerslam 2010 DVD and Blu-ray cover:

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/exclusive-...irmation/4306/
Old 08-24-10, 10:49 PM

Crappy cover
Old 08-24-10, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
Summerslam 2010 DVD and Blu-ray cover:

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/exclusive-...irmation/4306/
That can't be real.

I think I read somewhere, someone talking about how god-awful the WWE ppv covers have been lately, and it's true. If you look at the covers for Money in the Bank, Fatal Four-Way, Over the Limit, TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs, they all look like crap.

And for the record, that is the worst wrestling DVD cover I've ever seen before. I dare anyone to find one worse.
Old 08-25-10, 02:41 AM

Wow @ the SummerSlam cover. Just wow.
Old 08-25-10, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
That can't be real.

I think I read somewhere, someone talking about how god-awful the WWE ppv covers have been lately, and it's true. If you look at the covers for Money in the Bank, Fatal Four-Way, Over the Limit, TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs, they all look like crap.

And for the record, that is the worst wrestling DVD cover I've ever seen before. I dare anyone to find one worse.
Some of the TNA ones have been bad.
Old 08-25-10, 04:49 AM

If that is real, that has to be the worse cover they have EVER done. At least we ended up with the beautiful Extreme Rules and Elimination Chamber covers this year.
Old 08-25-10, 06:27 AM
Cool New Member

I know they say don't judge a book or a DVD in this case by its cover but WOW. After Extreme Rules the covers have sucked this year. If I was a casual fan looking to pick up a few PPVs I wouldn't look twice at these, especially SummerSlam. Damn thing looks like a bootleg.

Its as if WWE fired their graphic artist and hired a 10 year old who uses Microsoft paint.
Old 08-25-10, 08:47 AM

I don't care if it's sucky, Bryan Danielson's on a major WWE DVD cover. I'm satisfied.
Old 08-25-10, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by dillkid
Originally Posted by jammer311

Don't under-estimate the awesomeness of wrestling VHS tapes. I still collect them.
Wrestling VHS tapes are awesome. Some are hard to find and some are pretty pricey but well worth whatever you're going to pay. I have a ton of wrestling tapes (WWE, WCW, ECW) and a lot of PPV weren't released on DVD and only have the original VHS release. No edits either which is nice. When someone says WWF the "F" doesn't get bleeped out and you can see all the blood you want.

Flea markets are probably your best bet for finding wrestling tapes.
Old 08-25-10, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by will94
I don't care if it's sucky, Bryan Danielson's on a major WWE DVD cover. I'm satisfied.
Same for me.
Old 08-25-10, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Everyone needs to check their local Wal-Mart for this. They had the Mr Perfect, the rise and fall of WCW and the Dusty Rhodes dvd all on one set for 13 bucks!
Old 08-25-10, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Everyone needs to check their local Wal-Mart for this. They had the Mr Perfect, the rise and fall of WCW and the Dusty Rhodes dvd all on one set for 13 bucks!
I think this was mentioned a few pages back. it is disc 1 of each set ONLY
Old 08-25-10, 09:04 PM

Need some urgent assistance from anybody who knows lots of details about TNA DVD's......

I understand TNA re-released The Best of AMW DVD (it's now on the TNA website for super cheap).

This one USED to be one of the rare one's out there as best as I recall.

I recently purchased one from a collector and am trying to determine if I have the original rare one, or the crappy re-release.....

The one I have has shrinkwrap all around with NO stickers sealing any of the side panels (not certain if either version would have these anyways). The copyright on the reverse reads 2004 in the bottom left, however I thought for some reason this DVD came out years later than 2004.

Can anyone help a collector out and give me some insight please. Thank you all!!
Old 08-25-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by coliseumvideo55
Need some urgent assistance from anybody who knows lots of details about TNA DVD's......

I understand TNA re-released The Best of AMW DVD (it's now on the TNA website for super cheap).

This one USED to be one of the rare one's out there as best as I recall.

I recently purchased one from a collector and am trying to determine if I have the original rare one, or the crappy re-release.....

The one I have has shrinkwrap all around with NO stickers sealing any of the side panels (not certain if either version would have these anyways). The copyright on the reverse reads 2004 in the bottom left, however I thought for some reason this DVD came out years later than 2004.

Can anyone help a collector out and give me some insight please. Thank you all!!
From what i recall there were no stickers sealing the older TNA DVDs released from 2003-2004, just regular plastic wrap.

The AMW DVD was first on ShopTNA around 2004. Also the re-release version i read is 1 disc instead of 2 and TNA produced 1500 copies of the AMW DVD and some are actually the 2 disc which were probably just laying around for couple years and the rest being a 1 disc re-release. I ordered as soon as it was on ShopTNA and got the 2 disc.

They did the same thing with the 3 original TNA DVDs from 2003; Best of Bloodiest Brawls, Best of X Division and Best of NWA-TNA title matches. If you purchased those DVDs back in 2003 it was 2 discs, but when they re-released them in 2007 they were 1 disc.

That's basically the only difference between original which were 2 disc and the re-release 1 disc.
Old 08-25-10, 10:54 PM

Thanks for the reply! Would it say "2 disc" anywhere on the liner notes itself if it is the 2-disc vs. the 1 disc verson? Only reason I ask is cause this DVD is still sealed.....can't say for certain how many discs may be inside......

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.