Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Not sure what to really make of this;

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...87fe35f1e2en02

Best Buy Canada is listing Wrestlemania 21 on Blu-ray for $10 releasing Aug. 10. Has to be a mistake (price wise), but i read some sites that there were rumours WWE might release WM21 on Blu-ray but some were confused with WM26 Blu-ray which is getting released in all retails in Aug. once the Best Buy exclusive deal runs out.
Old 07-11-10, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Not sure what to really make of this;

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...87fe35f1e2en02

Best Buy Canada is listing Wrestlemania 21 on Blu-ray for $10 releasing Aug. 10. Has to be a mistake (price wise), but i read some sites that there were rumours WWE might release WM21 on Blu-ray but some were confused with WM26 Blu-ray which is getting released in all retails in Aug. once the Best Buy exclusive deal runs out.
I doubt this is true. From what I know WWE didn't start shooting in hd until 2007 or 08.
Old 07-12-10, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by drew4824
I doubt this is true. From what I know WWE didn't start shooting in hd until 2007 or 08.
I swear someone said about this in like late May, and I think someone said that all the Wrestlemania since 21 have been shot on film so that they can be done in HD.
Old 07-12-10, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by dillkid
I swear someone said about this in like late May, and I think someone said that all the Wrestlemania since 21 have been shot on film so that they can be done in HD.
Actually all since WM X8 have been shot seperatly on film. The original broadcasts were still on video. I still doubt this will actually happen thoug but I would buy a film HD Blu-ray version of past 'Manias.
Old 07-12-10, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Speaking of the TNA Cross the Line Volume 3 pack, does anyone else's player not allow them to skip the interminable introduction videos before the dvd menu? Holy hell does that drive me nuts, I can't find a damn way to skip it.
Old 07-12-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BravesMG
Speaking of the TNA Cross the Line Volume 3 pack, does anyone else's player not allow them to skip the interminable introduction videos before the dvd menu? Holy hell does that drive me nuts, I can't find a damn way to skip it.
There's no way to skip them. As far as I can tell, they've been doing that since Lockdown '09. I don't know what made them think people want to be forced to watch the intro before they watch the event which has the intro.
Old 07-13-10, 06:58 AM

Can anyone tell me if the Lockdown 2010 DVD is in widescreen or not? I know that the new Beer Money/MCMG set was, but I wanted to see if it carried over to PPV DVDs.
Old 07-13-10, 09:35 AM

It is.
Old 07-13-10, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sg2386
According to CDUniverse.com, TNA will be re-releasing majority of their ShopTNA exclusive DVDs from 2005-2010 (including Destination X 2010);

Victory Road 2006

Unbreakable 2005

Slammiversary 2005

Sacrifice 2007

Sacrifice 2005

No Surrender 2005

Lockdown 2005

Hard Justice 2006

Destination X 2010

Against All Odds 2007
I saw these listed on Amazon, as well, does anyone know if they're going to be released in stores, like Best Buy or FYE. I always see old copies of Lockdown '06 at BB, and I know FYE carries a lot of older catalogue titles.
Old 07-14-10, 03:26 PM
Cool New Member

John Cena's Legendary DVD/BR Info:

Cal Chetley is an extremely bright, engaging, undersized fifteen year-old. Neither blue collar nor athlete, both qualities that make up his small Oklahoman town – Cals’s been picked on most of his life primarily because he’s always been a little different. Mike, Cal’s older brother (WWE Superstar John Cena) and one time, world-class high school/collegiate wrestler, left him and his mother behind years ago after a tragic car accident killed their father – and accident to this day Mike feels responsible for. Hoping to revive a relationship long since forgotten, Cal joins his high school wrestling team in the hopes his brother will train him. More importantly, Cal uses wrestling as the tool to reunite his family.

Special Features
• Welcome Mat: Devon & Tyler’s First Foray into Wrestling
• Big Brother Is Coaching
• Technical Falls & Follies: The Bloopers & Fun of “Legendary”

Blu-ray Exclusive Special Features
• Mat To The Mic: The Making of “Hustle Loyalty Respect”
• All in the Family: John & Tyler Posey
• Cut From a Different Cloth: Luli’s Fashion
• Deleted Scenes
Old 07-14-10, 07:19 PM
Cool New Member

Not sure if someone mentioned it yet, but I have spotted The Rock: Most Electrifying Man DVD for just $10 at Walmart (Upstate NY area) along with the previously mentioned DX DVD.

Im not really a Rock fan but you can't beat 10 bucks.
Old 07-14-10, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by babj311
Not sure if someone mentioned it yet, but I have spotted The Rock: Most Electrifying Man DVD for just $10 at Walmart (Upstate NY area) along with the previously mentioned DX DVD.

Im not really a Rock fan but you can't beat 10 bucks.
some Walmart locations have the Bret Hart set for $10 as well
Old 07-15-10, 12:35 AM

"Satan's Prison" commentary

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this previously, but the Elimination Chamber match with Benoit is indeed shown in it's entirety on the new set. Unfortunately though, there are several obvious edits on the commentary when he's involved with the action, creating awkward moments of dead air. I personally find that annoying, much like when Ventura's commentary was muted. But at least Vince is taking baby steps here, once again including Benoit footage on a major release.
Old 07-15-10, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: "Satan's Prison" commentary

Originally Posted by SlayJ
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this previously, but the Elimination Chamber match with Benoit is indeed shown in it's entirety on the new set. Unfortunately though, there are several obvious edits on the commentary when he's involved with the action, creating awkward moments of dead air. I personally find that annoying, much like when Ventura's commentary was muted. But at least Vince is taking baby steps here, once again including Benoit footage on a major release.
wait, do they mute his name?
Old 07-15-10, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
wait, do they mute his name?
Benoit's name is mentioned occasionally during the match. But there are several obvious moments when Benoit is on the offense where the commentary is nonexistant (especially noticable when utilizing surround sound). The edits aren't done to a ridiculous degree, but they are very noticable regardless.
Old 07-15-10, 02:45 AM

That's fair enough, I'd say.
Old 07-15-10, 09:43 AM

Benoit's name is mentioned occasionally during the match. But there are several obvious moments when Benoit is on the offense where the commentary is nonexistant (especially noticable when utilizing surround sound). The edits aren't done to a ridiculous degree, but they are very noticable regardless.
Oh well, it's still better than a non Benoit video package.
Old 07-15-10, 10:59 AM

They should have edited any mention of him and blurred him like the scratch logo te whole match! Only kidding, but I'm not excited about the fact that he is on a DVD, I'm just happy the mtaches are kept in tact just like SummerSlam Anthology. This isn't Vince taking some "baby steps" toward putting him on more DVDs. It's just a matter of WWE wanting to put out the full anthology of the Chamber match, which one happened to include that individual.
Old 07-15-10, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
They should have edited any mention of him and blurred him like the scratch logo te whole match! Only kidding, but I'm not excited about the fact that he is on a DVD, I'm just happy the mtaches are kept in tact just like SummerSlam Anthology. This isn't Vince taking some "baby steps" toward putting him on more DVDs. It's just a matter of WWE wanting to put out the full anthology of the Chamber match, which one happened to include that individual.
Well I respect your opinion and obviously I think it's a horrible thing that Chris Benoit did. But I'm also not somebody that dwells on it or supports WWE's "politically correct" agenda on the matter. I still appreciate what Benoit accomplished as a Pro Wrestler. And I feel that ignoring or censoring all the great performances he had is wrong. That's my opinion. And c'mon, Vince McMahon attempting to be the "Moral Police" is a joke regardless.
Old 07-15-10, 08:45 PM

I was a huge Chris Benoit fan, I bought his dvd of his life, I bought every dvd that had him with the World Title on it, but that doesn't matter now. Because he killed his wife, and his son. Sure, Billy Jack Haynes believes Benoit did that because Daniel was Vince McMahon's son, but Billy Jack is also very crazy. If Benoit had just killed himself, in a suicide type deal, I am sure there would have been another whole dvd set on him. But he killed his family!! His son, his wife, people need to remember this. Benoit erased his whole legacy by being a murderer.
Old 07-15-10, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by jammer311
I was a huge Chris Benoit fan, I bought his dvd of his life, I bought every dvd that had him with the World Title on it, but that doesn't matter now. Because he killed his wife, and his son. Sure, Billy Jack Haynes believes Benoit did that because Daniel was Vince McMahon's son, but Billy Jack is also very crazy. If Benoit had just killed himself, in a suicide type deal, I am sure there would have been another whole dvd set on him. But he killed his family!! His son, his wife, people need to remember this. Benoit erased his whole legacy by being a murderer.

This is a joke to keep talking about this. A true fan knows what benoit is about. Yeah he did wrong we all do wrong. It is important to keep wrestling dvds they way the should be...........I sure would not want to watch a dvd where a person is taken out, yes wwe has done that before.....but I agree is baby steps. I can't wait to see more of him. Oh and by the way his legacy lives on in true wrestling fans.
Old 07-15-10, 11:32 PM

No, what the joke is, is the blind wrestling fans out there who believe that the WWE should keep Benoit's matches or name involved in dvd releases still. Chris Benoit being in anthology dvds is a must. Because if you are showcasing everything then you need to have everything shown. Even if it involves Chris Benoit. But you people are getting way too excited about this. The only time you may ever see a Chris Benoit match on a dvd that isn't an anthology is gonna be when the WWE releases a Randy Orton dvd set. Maybe, just maybe they will have his first World Title win on that dvd where he fought Benoit at that wicked match at Summerslam 2004. But even that may be a stretch now that he's won so many other World titles since.
Old 07-16-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Or maybe it's just that some people are able to separate Benoit the pro wrestler and the Benoit that did what he did. In no way do I condone his actions, but I'm not going to just pretend that he didn't exist before that. The guy was one of the best wrestlers ever, imo, and I am able to still enjoy the work he left behind. If you can't or choose not to, that's your perogative, but you shouldn't condemn those who are able to.
Old 07-16-10, 01:54 PM

^^^^ This argument is getting very old.
Does anyone know when the Raw Seasons 1 & 2 set comes out in the US? Becuase we in Europe get in in September, and I wondered who gtes it first.
Old 07-16-10, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by jammer311
No, what the joke is, is the blind wrestling fans out there who believe that the WWE should keep Benoit's matches or name involved in dvd releases still. Chris Benoit being in anthology dvds is a must. Because if you are showcasing everything then you need to have everything shown. Even if it involves Chris Benoit. But you people are getting way too excited about this. The only time you may ever see a Chris Benoit match on a dvd that isn't an anthology is gonna be when the WWE releases a Randy Orton dvd set. Maybe, just maybe they will have his first World Title win on that dvd where he fought Benoit at that wicked match at Summerslam 2004. But even that may be a stretch now that he's won so many other World titles since.
I agree with this. And condoning the wrestler is condoning the person and his terrible final actions left on this world. His "work" and "legacy" are completly meaningless in comparison with how he finished in life. I can't condone a murderer no matter how great he was at his job.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.