DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by md2810
This match was actually Diesel's debut with Michaels, which is why I think its on the set.

Regarding the overall quality of matches on the set, was anyone expecting anything that was going to set the world on fire? Raw back then was filled with squash matches, lets just hope it sells well and they continue to release these sets, the 97-98 and 99-00 sets will be filled with quality matches.
I kinda like the fact that they are going to releasing sets like this. Sure, most of it is squash matches but there is some really good footage that I want to revisit from my teenage years. I also hope that there is going to be more sets like this. Interestingly enough on that set, looks like a lot of 1-2-3 Kid (Sean Waltman), Lex Luger, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, and Owen Hart.
Old 06-17-10, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the Jericho match listing on a website, not sure if it's legit, but looks about right for a WWE DVD.

Here is the full listing for the upcoming Chris Jericho DVD:
Disc One:
Vs. Rob Van Dam.
with 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Shane Douglas & 911
Vs. Pittbull 2 for the TV Title.
WCW debut vs. Alex Wright.
Vs. Syxx for the Cruiserweight Title.
Vs. Eddie Guerrero.
Vs. Rey Mysterio for the Cruiserweight Title.

Turning on the fans.
Vs. Dean Maleko for the Cruiserweight Title.
Vs. Juventud Guerrera for the Cruiserweight Title.
Vs. Jeff Jarrett.

Extras:
Getting into the industry.
Working in Japan and Mexico.
Going to Extreme Championship Wrestling.
Going to World Championship Wrestling.

Disc Two:
With Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio & Super Calo.
Vs. Stevie Ray for the TV Title.
Vs. Raven for the TV Title.

WWE Debut on Monday Night Raw.
Vs. Road Dogg.
Vs. Ken Shamrock in a First Blood Match.
Vs. Chyna for the IC Title.
Vs. X-Pac inside a steel cage.
Vs. Big Show for the Hardcore Title.
Vs. The Rock for the WCW Title.
Vs. Kurt Angle for the WCW Title.

Beating The Rock and Austin in the same night.
Vs. Steve Austin to crown the 1st Undisputed Champion.

Extras:
Leaving WCW.
WWE Debut.
The Invasion.
Stephanie McMahon is a Bottom Feeding Trash Bag ****.

Disc Three:
With Christian in a TLC Match for the World Tag Team Titles.
Vs. Cena loser leaves WWE.
WWE
Return.
Vs. JBL.
Money in the Bank Match.
Vs. Kofi Kingston for the IC Title.

Sixth World Title win.
vs. HBK in a Ladder Match.
Vs. Rey Mysterio in an Extreme Rules match.
Vs. CM Punk.
Vs. John Morrison.
Vs. Edge for the World Title.

Extras:
Taking time off and the return.
Going in a new direction.
Best of The Highlight Reel.
Feuding with HBK.
What does the future hold?

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ho/index.shtml

Last edited by sg2386; 06-17-10 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-17-10, 02:16 PM

The original source is a review from some random person on amazon so I'm holding out for a more reliable source before I take it as fact.
Old 06-17-10, 02:17 PM

Yeah originated from a customer review by the looks of it, so for now definitely "rumored".
Old 06-17-10, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw650
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anybody has a solid copy of the Best Buy Exclsuive title called "WWE Legends of Wrestling 2 - Hogan and Backlund" available for a trade? Best Buy doesn't seem to be offering it anymore and I can't find it in their stores, so if you're OK with doing a one on one trade for this thing, let me know the DVD you'd like in exchange and maybe we can work something out. I'm a decent guy and very fair in the process. Take care.

PLEASE...no PMs, but do feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you're interested in helping me out. Thanks everyone!

Richard
Anybody?
Old 06-17-10, 03:53 PM

Anybody?
I recently won one on ebay for $3.25 + shipping so I would say keep checking there.
Old 06-17-10, 04:56 PM

Yeah, I doubt that's legit. It's not even laid out like a proper listing.
Old 06-17-10, 05:33 PM

I have had word that my region 1 copy of the Ricky Steamboat DVD has been posted. I can't wait for this one, hopefully I should have it next week.
Old 06-17-10, 07:18 PM

Anybody?
I don't have one for trade but http://www.amazon.com/Wwe-Legends-Wr...819930&sr=8-1 has some from $11 shipped.
Old 06-17-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw that link but most of them are used and I'm looking for a new one. Thanks anyways.
Old 06-19-10, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Went on an ROH DVD spree today on ROHWrestling.com (buy 3 get 2 free)and Highspots (many $5, $8 and $10 ones), ordered several shows:

Supercard of Honor III
Supercard of Honor IV
Rising Above 2008
Final Battle 2007
Man Up! 2007
Sixth Anniversary Show 2008
Mayhem in Manhattan
Nowhere to Run
Double Feature II
The Final Countdown Tour: Boston

Starting to love ROH now, after getting a taste of it on the 4 retail DVDs and the compilation sets, can't get enough of it...trying to get as much shows as possible before they go OOP. For some reason even some of the newer DVDs from 2009 and 2010 are OOP like Final Battle 2009 and 8th Anniversary show...find that strange, since those two are up on the ROH DVD on Demand section. Heard such great things about those shows.

Also i'm surprised how rare Driven 2007 and 2008 are, i haven't been able to find a single copy (new or used). One seller on ebay in the US has 2007, but won't ship to Canada.
Old 06-19-10, 11:12 AM

Ahhh the old "won't ship to Canada" gimmick. I find that to be so lame. It doesn't hurt them anything to send it to Canada, it just means he has to put the shipping cost up and that doesn't hurt him, it hurts the one who is buying the dvd. Whatever I guess.
Old 06-20-10, 08:20 AM

They did it again.

Old 06-20-10, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
They did it again.

They did what?
Old 06-20-10, 12:27 PM

Sorry. They, the wwe dvd news site, got the DVD early again and posted pics.
Old 06-20-10, 11:00 PM
Cool New Member

I recently purchased the "Best of WWE 2010" Magazine and it has a list of upcoming DVDs for the rest of the year. They say that the list is "what was approved for the rest of 2010", but it also mentions that it is subject to change.

The ones we know:

Ricky Steamboat: The Life Story of the Dragon (6/29/10)
The Elimination Chamber Anthology (7/13/10)
Best of Raw Seasons 1 & 2 (8/24/10)

The ones we didn't know:

Smackdown: 2010 Season (10/26/10)
John Cena (11/9/10)
The 100 Craziest Moments in WWE History (12/14/10)
Bobby Heenan (12/28/10)

I am super-thrilled to see a DVD for Bobby Heenan. I hope this actually comes out. For those who have the magazine, the list is on page 60.
Old 06-20-10, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess the Jericho DVD was approved after the magazine was printed.

John Cena did hint couple weeks ago on twitter that he completed another DVD project. Interesting to see what they do this time since the last one had a documentary, so my guess is 3 discs filled with John Cena matches from 2002-2010 with him introducing each match.

I would have preferred a Smackdown 2009 Season especially in the summer where the big 6 shinned (Edge, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, CM Punk, Jericho, Mysterio). This will likely cover only from Jan 2010-Aug/Sept 2010.

I guess no Survivor Series Vol. 3 and 4 this year...was hoping it would come around Nov.
Old 06-21-10, 07:39 AM

100 craziest moments in wwe history could be interesting. I'll probably netflix this, as I already have the debut of the Gobbledy-Gooker in vol. 1 of Survivor Series. I think that has to be the most legit crazy moment I've ever seen.

I may have to buy the Bobby Heenan set, he is such a great heel.
Old 06-21-10, 08:38 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by cactuskind
Smackdown: 2010 Season (10/26/10)
How can they do a 2010 season that doesn't include all of 2010?
Old 06-21-10, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jammer311
Ahhh the old "won't ship to Canada" gimmick. I find that to be so lame. It doesn't hurt them anything to send it to Canada, it just means he has to put the shipping cost up and that doesn't hurt him, it hurts the one who is buying the dvd. Whatever I guess.
That's not really it at all. It usually boils down to the following two reasons for US sellers:

1) If you print postage online rather than go into the post office to ship, for whatever reason, their software gets real wonky when trying to print the necessary customs forms for Canada or any other country. Some sellers just don't want to have to go to the post office (or don't have the time to).

2) Delivery confirmation on international shipments is not possible (at least when using Priority International), meaning that unless some real expensive method is used (global express, I think?), there is no sort of tracking-making the seller very vulnerable to fraudulent pay pal claims/charge backs.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 06-21-10 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-21-10, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
That's not really it at all. It usually boils down to the following two reasons for US sellers:

1) If you print postage online rather than go into the post office to ship, for whatever reason, their software gets real wonky when trying to print the necessary customs forms for Canada or any other country. Some sellers just don't want to have to go to the post office (or don't have the time to).

2) Delivery confirmation on international shipments is not possible (at least when using Priority International), meaning that unless some real expensive method is used (global express, I think?), there is no sort of tracking-making the seller very vulnerable to fraudulent pay pal claims/charge backs.

Well why was it so easy 4 or 5 years ago when I would trade wrestling tapes with people down in the USA then?? Things went out both ways and arrived nice and safe. I still think it's just laziness for the most part on American's not wanting to send to Canada.
Old 06-21-10, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by babyheel
How can they do a 2010 season that doesn't include all of 2010?
Smackdown's TV season always runs October to September
Old 06-21-10, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jammer311
Well why was it so easy 4 or 5 years ago when I would trade wrestling tapes with people down in the USA then?? Things went out both ways and arrived nice and safe. I still think it's just laziness for the most part on American's not wanting to send to Canada.
I don't ship to Canada, but it sure isn't out of laziness. It is for the reasons I mentioned in the post you quoted. I used to ship to Canada and other countries all the time, but I had a couple people file Pay Pal claims on me saying they never received the item(s). Because I could not prove that they had reached their destination with a tracking or dc #, they immediately ruled in their favor, so they got to keep the items and get their money back.

That shit made me realize how vulnerable I was leaving myself on international shipments. With how quick Pay Pal is to side with buyers, I am not about to lose money over it. If it was simply tape trading like you mentioned above, I'd have zero problems shipping there. Otherwise, it simply is not worth my time and/or money.
Old 06-21-10, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sg2386
Starting to love ROH now, after getting a taste of it on the 4 retail DVDs and the compilation sets, can't get enough of it...trying to get as much shows as possible before they go OOP. For some reason even some of the newer DVDs from 2009 and 2010 are OOP like Final Battle 2009 and 8th Anniversary show...find that strange, since those two are up on the ROH DVD on Demand section. Heard such great things about those shows.

Also i'm surprised how rare Driven 2007 and 2008 are, i haven't been able to find a single copy (new or used). One seller on ebay in the US has 2007, but won't ship to Canada.
my guess is that they only made so many DVD's of certain shows. I hope they make a boat load of copies of the IPPV, since i have a feeling that it will sell like mad.

I'm surprised that Final Battle 06 goes for so much money on ebay (someoen was selling it for 70 bucks)
Old 06-21-10, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I don't ship to Canada, but it sure isn't out of laziness. It is for the reasons I mentioned in the post you quoted. I used to ship to Canada and other countries all the time, but I had a couple people file Pay Pal claims on me saying they never received the item(s). Because I could not prove that they had reached their destination with a tracking or dc #, they immediately ruled in their favor, so they got to keep the items and get their money back.

That shit made me realize how vulnerable I was leaving myself on international shipments. With how quick Pay Pal is to side with buyers, I am not about to lose money over it. If it was simply tape trading like you mentioned above, I'd have zero problems shipping there. Otherwise, it simply is not worth my time and/or money.
Okay, that's fair enough. I guess tape trading is a bit different then dealing with money matters like pay pal and such.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.