Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-10, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by JAROTO
Anybody knows if the No Mercy 2001 dvd included an insert?
I do believe so.
Old 05-29-10, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm just about positive that No Mercy 2001 did not have an insert. My copy, which i bought new back in '01, doesn't have one. I highly doubt I would have thrown it out either, since all the other PPV DVD's I bought back then still have their inserts (the ones that came with them, anyway).

I believe the only insert with No Mercy 2001 was the ad for their other DVD releases.
Old 05-29-10, 04:24 AM

The original WWF DVDs all had an insert (at least originally) and I've definitely seen a No Mercy 01 insert in the US version. Also one in the UK for sure. Prob Canadian too. I've had all versions at some point.
Old 05-29-10, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by JAROTO
Anybody knows if the No Mercy 2001 dvd included an insert?
Mine doesn't have one and I bought it new.
Old 05-29-10, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kaori00
Mine doesn't have one and I bought it new.
Mine does not have one. But I got mine at K-mart when they were selling all of the 2001 DVD's for $5 because of the WWE name change. I'm pretty sure that they were opened at the factory, any mention of WWF removed (any inserts, except for the cover of course) and packaged back up. As for original 2001 store release, I'm not sure.
Old 05-29-10, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
The original WWF DVDs all had an insert (at least originally) and I've definitely seen a No Mercy 01 insert in the US version. Also one in the UK for sure. Prob Canadian too. I've had all versions at some point.
That's interesting. I purchased quite a few PPV's back in 2001 at Best Buy, and my copies of No Mercy 2001 and Vengeance 2001 do not have inserts other than the little leaflet showing the other WWF video releases. All the others that I have from around that time do have actual inserts.
Old 05-29-10, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought all my 2001 WWF DVDs in 2002 just when stores were clearing them out after the name change and the only ones without the inserts (not even an ad showing other releases) were Invasion 2001, Unforgiven 2001, No Mercy 2001 and Rebellion 2001. Keep in mind these were the Canadian KOCH versions. Those didn't look like they were repackaged either and still had the original wrapping.

I still don't get why WWF didn't release No Way Out 2001 on DVD, since it was originally planned, and got canned for some reason. It was one of the best ppvs that year.
Old 05-29-10, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
That's interesting. I purchased quite a few PPV's back in 2001 at Best Buy, and my copies of No Mercy 2001 and Vengeance 2001 do not have inserts other than the little leaflet showing the other WWF video releases. All the others that I have from around that time do have actual inserts.
Just checked and my Unforgiven 2001 doesnt have an insert. Vengeance 2001 and No way out 2002 either...and i bought those two on the release date.

Last edited by JAROTO; 05-29-10 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-29-10, 01:59 PM

I noticed something: Unforgiven, No Mercy and Venegance 2001. are the only 2001 ppv dvds that doesnt have any extras. For some reason those are the only 2001 ppvs that doesnt seem to have an insert.
Old 05-29-10, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After the name change I am pretty sure that inserts were removed from the DVD cases. I believe WWE had to take them out.
Old 05-29-10, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like Australia is getting two Limited Edition DVDs with pretty cool packaging:

Two Limited Edition WWE DVD Boxsets are to be released exclusively to Australia in early June. These are “Undertaker: The Collection” & “John Cena: The Collection”, featuring the superstar’s past DVD releases in a special box set.

Undertaker: The Collection (5 Disc Coffin)

Special Limited Edition! Only 5000 units available! Own all the current Undertaker profile DVDs in one special package! A 5 DVD set dedicated to the Dead Man from Death Valley – in a special limited coffin-shaped tin! Featuring the following titles – Undertaker: 15-0, Undertaker: He Buries Them Alive and Tombstone: History of the Undertaker.

John Cena: The Collection (5 Disc Tin)

Own all the current John Cena profile DVDs in one special package! A 5DVD set dedicated to the purveyor of Hustle, Loyalty & Respect – in a special limited tin! Featuring the following titles – John Cena: Word Life, John Cena: My Life and a special pay-per-view DVD featuring a main event match with Mr U-Can’t-See-Me.

Old 05-29-10, 06:43 PM

Source?

Like the coffin box that's unique, don't care for the Cena one much. Might be another import to add to the list.
Old 05-29-10, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Source?

Like the coffin box that's unique, don't care for the Cena one much. Might be another import to add to the list.
http://www.wwedvdnews.com/ltd-editio...icho-dvd/1825/

They also list the rumored title for the Randy Orton DVD entitled "The Viper Uncoiled".
Old 05-29-10, 07:07 PM

Sounds like Michael Cole decided that title I like it though.

Just noticed on that Cena set description it mentions an additional DVD that contains a "main event" match. A DVD with ONE Cena match on? If that's true, they best pick a gooden!
Old 05-30-10, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FireStarta316
After the name change I am pretty sure that inserts were removed from the DVD cases. I believe WWE had to take them out.
While that is true and could explain why some people don't have inserts, it's not the case for everyone here. All my 2001-02 DVD's are original releases which I bought back when they first came out and my copies of No Mercy 2001 and Vengeance 2001 both came sans insert brand new.
Old 05-30-10, 06:43 AM

That 'Taker set is awesome.
Old 05-30-10, 08:30 AM

I noticed a lot of dvds on greedbay that included the new Taker dvd in hand. So search your Walmarts & Best Buys, as some of these have slipped out early!

And hotdamn, I can't find the Hardy/Heartbreak and WCW/Perfect/Dusty dvds at any Walmarts in my travels. Though I did come across the DX: New & Improved dvd for $10 at one store.
Old 05-30-10, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Aces_High
I noticed a lot of dvds on greedbay that included the new Taker dvd in hand. So search your Walmarts & Best Buys, as some of these have slipped out early!
The Best Buy near my house had the new Taker DVD out on the shelf since the Best PPV matches was out. The only thing is it won't check out at the register because of the street date lock they have on DVDs/Blu-rays/Games and basically will say "not to sell before June 8". This has happened to me couple times in the past (once at Best Buy other at Future Shop), so now if i see a new DVD at out at those stores i don't bother getting it til release day.

As for Walmart the couple near my house hardly ever break street date. The last time i got a DVD early from there was John Morrison: Rock Star which was a week early. Before that it was the Rock Most Electrifying Man which i got almost a week and half early.

I read WWEshop is actually really good place to get DVDs early, people usually get it the Thursday or Friday before the release date.

Last edited by sg2386; 05-30-10 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-31-10, 03:36 PM

does anyone know a site or have a list of every ecw and wwe/wwf dvd ever released

maybe with a list category with ppvs, best of's, all on different lists

every OFFICIAL dvd ecw and wwe ever released

reason i ask is my brother wants old original ecw dvds if there are any, and older wwf ppvs, but not sure which ones were official dvd released
Old 05-31-10, 03:36 PM

does anyone know a site or have a list of every ecw and wwe/wwf dvd ever released

reason i ask is my brother wants old original ecw dvds if there are any, and older wwf ppvs, but not sure which ones were official dvd released
Old 05-31-10, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell

Try this site, http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com

Last edited by Jman4200; 05-31-10 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-31-10, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckliddell

This list is up to 2008 for all Region 1 WWE/WWF releases. It was done by a member here.

http://www.freewebs.com/brianmercy/W...lease_List.pdf

If someone wants to updated, feel free.
Old 05-31-10, 07:34 PM

www.prowrestlinghistory.com is great too for looking up old WWF Coliseum videos, ECW videos by Pioneer and old NWA/WCW videos too.
Old 06-01-10, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

someone on the roh board said that the best of the HDNET tv show may be either non anamorphic widescreen, or cropped to 4x3. Is it really that hard these days to make an anamorphic DVD?
Old 06-01-10, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by dx23
This list is up to 2008 for all Region 1 WWE/WWF releases. It was done by a member here.

http://www.freewebs.com/brianmercy/W...lease_List.pdf

If someone wants to updated, feel free.
I'll try to update it in the coming days.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.