Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 05-04-10, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

For people that picked up the Blu-ray or DVD, is the theme "I Made It" still on there? or is it dubbed with some generic music?
Old 05-04-10, 02:37 PM

I picked up the 3 disc collectors edition for 19.99 plus tax at best buy.
Old 05-04-10, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

3 disc was $24.99 at my wally and the 2 disc was $19.99
Old 05-04-10, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best Buy has the best deal for the 3-disc Collectors edition @ 19.99 as i got mine there too.
Old 05-04-10, 07:28 PM

Amazon has the Elimination Chamber DVD listed as "Satan's Prison: The Anthology of the Elimination Chamber."
Old 05-04-10, 07:34 PM
Cool New Member

It's on there.

Originally Posted by sg2386
For people that picked up the Blu-ray or DVD, is the theme "I Made It" still on there? or is it dubbed with some generic music?
Old 05-04-10, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AGENTCLPT
It's on there.
awesome! thanks!
Old 05-04-10, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by TommyD1030
Amazon has the Elimination Chamber DVD listed as "Satan's Prison: The Anthology of the Elimination Chamber."
Crap, now they can't use "Satan's Prison" for when they buy out TNA and release a "Small Rise, Fall and Bigger Fall of TNA"
Old 05-04-10, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by yellahoosh
It's $24.99 at Best Buy. The FYE price is a real steal - I got it for $17.99 with the Backstage Pass card.
No the 3 disc version at BB is 19.99, the 2 disc version is 17.99, and the BD is 24.99.

I got my 3 disc version at fye also for $19.99 (no backstage pass for me)
Old 05-04-10, 09:33 PM

Well I gave in and got both the Blu-ray (Best Buy, $24.99) and the FYE Exclusive ($21.99, I don't know why it is slightly more expensive at my FYE?). The dog tag is kind of a lame exclusive but the 3-Disc Collector's DVD packaging in a box is very well done. I'll never watch the DVD Set (because I'll only watch the Blu-ray version) but the nice packaging is worth having both. The DVD packaging is always so much better than the BD because of the digi-pack and the great photos. Even the insert is better with the DVD with the cool photo of the HOF inductees. I'm happy to be a collector

Last edited by hbkbiggestfan; 05-04-10 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-04-10, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I feel bad to those who jumped and bought the FYE Exclusive DVD for $19.99 where you can get it for $16.99

To those who didnt bought it yet...

Old 05-04-10, 10:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Yea I'd say he's the guy to have these, where are you Throwback?
Sorry dude i have none of those. I only collect Region 1 WWE DVD exclusives as for R2 UK & Japan you may ask Untitled 1 or WD. I believe he has those & WWE Live in Japan DVD set also.

Oh another Long time no post but alas here's my latest hauls:

Wrestlemania 26 Blu-Ray Bestbuy Exclusive & Wrestlemania 26 FYE Exclusive w/ Dog Tag

Bestbuy Blu-Ray Info:

thanks for looking!
Old 05-05-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by throwback
Sorry dude i have none of those. I only collect Region 1 WWE DVD exclusives as for R2 UK & Japan you may ask Untitled 1 or WD. I believe he has those & WWE Live in Japan DVD set also.

Oh another Long time no post but alas here's my latest hauls:

Wrestlemania 26 Blu-Ray Bestbuy Exclusive & Wrestlemania 26 FYE Exclusive w/ Dog Tag

Bestbuy Blu-Ray Info:

thanks for looking!
Can anyone, including Throwback, describe the box/case for the FYE exclusive with the dogtag?

Is it in a slipcover box, like the WrestleMania XXV exclusive that came with the book, or is in a box that opens from the top with the dogtag just kinda hanging around? Is there any box at all? And if so, how sturdy is it?

The reason I ask is because I really have no idea where to pick it up from, and the closest FYE to me is an hour away, and don't want to take the trip to find out I'm not really into it.

Would there be a way for someone to post some more shots of the whole package, and to get an idea of how it feels?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 05-05-10, 01:08 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Can anyone, including Throwback, describe the box/case for the FYE exclusive with the dogtag?
I've opened the BD Set only since im shifting my collection to Blu nowadays but saw some pics of the opened box from WFigs forums

Pic credit goes to ABCustoms of WFigs Forums

Last edited by throwback; 05-05-10 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-05-10, 07:39 AM

Last day of the 50% off sale at ROH's website, don't miss out! I picked up a couple of obscure dvds from them for the price you can't go wrong.

Make sure you head over to Highspots, as they're having a $5 dvd sale, lots of good stuff in there, I splurged and placed two orders, the first being:
1 Tony Atlas Locker Room Chat DVD-R $5.00 $5.00
1 The Feud: Magnum vs. Nikita DVD $5.00 $5.00
1 Rhino Shoot Interview DVD-R $5.00 $5.00
1 NWA Wrestling Legends Fanfest Q&A Series: Bret Hart $5.00 $5.00
1 Jim Cornette & Bobby Heenan Legends Fan Fest Q&A $5.00 $5.00
1 Jeff Hardy Shoot Interview DVD $5.00 $5.00
1 Ernest The Cat Miller Shoot Interview DVD-R $5.00 $5.00
1 Chris Candido Shoot Interview DVD $5.00 $5.00
1 Brian Kendrick & Paul London $19.99 $19.99
1 Bill Demott Shoot Interview Double DVD-R

The second one I got the shoots of Scotty Riggs, Christy Hemme, Heidenreich, Mike Awesome, BJH, and the one and only Funker.

Got the extra money to spend by selling off my Jakks Classic Superstars collection piece by piece, not a bad way to make some extra dollars!
Old 05-05-10, 10:06 AM

I plan on making a decent sized order from ROH later today going to take advantage of the sale to almost complete my PWG collection only going to be missing the first 8 shows which are OOP are proving hard to find. Used the Highspots $5 sale to pick up the 30 PWG shows they had plus some shoots.
Old 05-05-10, 11:05 AM

DAMN! That's a lot of dvds, congrats on your near complete PWG collection...and good luck on finding those shows you need that are rare...don't worry, they'll all pop up sometimes, patience is the key as I"m sure you already know!
Old 05-05-10, 11:10 AM

Are they any Kmart exclusive for the WrestleMania 26 Collector's set?
Old 05-05-10, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
DAMN! That's a lot of dvds, congrats on your near complete PWG collection...and good luck on finding those shows you need that are rare...don't worry, they'll all pop up sometimes, patience is the key as I"m sure you already know!
Yeah been through it before when I had to complete my ROH set just got to keep watching ebay.
Old 05-05-10, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
Well I gave in and got both the Blu-ray (Best Buy, $24.99) and the FYE Exclusive ($21.99, I don't know why it is slightly more expensive at my FYE?). The dog tag is kind of a lame exclusive but the 3-Disc Collector's DVD packaging in a box is very well done. I'll never watch the DVD Set (because I'll only watch the Blu-ray version) but the nice packaging is worth having both. The DVD packaging is always so much better than the BD because of the digi-pack and the great photos. Even the insert is better with the DVD with the cool photo of the HOF inductees. I'm happy to be a collector
So you basically paid 22 bucks (plus tax) for some cardboard. Yeah.......awesome.
Old 05-05-10, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have another question, this time about the blu-ray?

What about it is a Best Buy exclusive?

I know Best Buy is the only place that carries the blu-ray, but will that always be the case? Is the blu-ray exclusive to Best Buy? Or is it the third disc? Or is it only exclusive to Best Buy until a later date?

I'm curious about this, thanks.
Old 05-05-10, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The "exclusive" aspect has to do with both the timing window as well as the 3rd disc. I believe Best Buy's exclusive window on it runs until some time in either July or August, after which time it will be available everywhere else.

The other exclusive part is the 3rd disc, which has the full Raw and Smackdown shows the week of Wrestlemania. When the non-exclusive Blu-ray hits other stores later, it will just be a 2 disc version without those two shows.
Old 05-05-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For Canadians the 3 disc Blu-ray will be the standard release just like with Royal Rumble 2010 which also included the 2nd disc. Glad we don't have to deal with this exclusive to one store BS, since i was reading most Best Buy's in the US got like 2 copies of the blu-ray.
Old 05-05-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
The "exclusive" aspect has to do with both the timing window as well as the 3rd disc. I believe Best Buy's exclusive window on it runs until some time in either July or August, after which time it will be available everywhere else.

The other exclusive part is the 3rd disc, which has the full Raw and Smackdown shows the week of Wrestlemania. When the non-exclusive Blu-ray hits other stores later, it will just be a 2 disc version without those two shows.
That's awesome to hear. I wasn't sure if I should rush to get the blu-ray, but since the sale ends on Saturday and the third disc is an exclusive, this was pretty much my last chance to get the exclusive for the best price. I hope it really does end up that the third disc is a BB exclusive.
Old 05-05-10, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
For Canadians the 3 disc Blu-ray will be the standard release just like with Royal Rumble 2010 which also included the 2nd disc. Glad we don't have to deal with this exclusive to one store BS, since i was reading most Best Buy's in the US got like 2 copies of the blu-ray.
It was the same story with the Royal Rumble Blu-ray. A lot of stores only got a couple copies, including the one I got mine from. However, that was just their original shipment. It won't be just 2 copies for the entire duration of the exclusive window. Part of me wonders if they purposely limit the number on hand and immediately put it on backorder through the web site as a means to stall people until the price goes up to 30 bucks.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.