Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 06-29-11, 08:47 PM
  #2301  
Senior Member
 
chocoboy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Cover for "WWE: OMG Top 50 Incidents" has been released.

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...d-cover/14720/

Loving that shot of Edge & Foley.

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-29-11, 11:04 PM
  #2302  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,534
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by SexualPudding View Post
I didn't say there necessarily was. What is with you and dates/times, though? I fail to see why you get so up in arms about such minor and inconsequential things, however technically true your points may be. They're obviously trying to get people's money now, not 89 years from now. You and I both know they will just put out more similar titles as years pass. Is it redundant? Sure. It's a reality, though, and no one is forcing you to buy anything. Why be so bothered about what amounts to minutiae? I bet you freeze your batteries, right?
I like accuracy. I don't like lies and misinformation.

Why are you so upset over other people calling out companies for bad marketing?
Old 06-30-11, 01:13 AM
  #2303  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth View Post
I like accuracy. I don't like lies and misinformation.

Why are you so upset over other people calling out companies for bad marketing?
I'm not upset in the least bit. I simply find it a bit laughable how obsessed you seem to be about such minor things. I've seen you go on and on with your over the top anal musings every time something like this comes up, so I decided to comment on it. If you're going to put yourself out there like that, you are making yourself fair game for rebuttal. Your behavior just seems so compulsive or something.

Do you seriously feel that their "lies and misinformation" are going to cause this particular release to sell way more copies than it would with a title like "Greatest Stars of the Aughts?" Is anyone buying this going to honestly think that the 3 discs cover the years 2000-2099? The fact that they use hyperbole to market their product(s) hardly makes them unique.
Old 06-30-11, 03:39 AM
  #2304  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I seriously hope we get the rest of the Raw Seasons, it seems stupid that nearly everything else gets them except wrestling. The sales couldn't have been that low. If they were, perhaps even an official Burn On Demand service would be better than just selling them normally.
Old 06-30-11, 11:23 AM
  #2305  
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 658
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by chocoboy87 View Post
Cover for "WWE: OMG Top 50 Incidents" has been released.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-omg-to...d-cover/14720/

Loving that shot of Edge & Foley.
That is a awesome cover! I already pre-ordered it, I am curious to see what matches will be on it
Old 06-30-11, 01:12 PM
  #2306  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by dillkid View Post
I seriously hope we get the rest of the Raw Seasons, it seems stupid that nearly everything else gets them except wrestling. The sales couldn't have been that low. If they were, perhaps even an official Burn On Demand service would be better than just selling them normally.
I'd guess they did sell pretty poorly. I have seen some estimated numbers for some of their dvd's and they are much lower than a lot of people seem to think. Even a release of theirs like the Top 50 Superstars of All Time one they put out a while ago only sold like 57,000 copies its first 8 weeks of release and surely much less since then, as they tend to do the bulk of their sales the first few weeks.

That particular dvd set casts about as wide a net as possible, as far as reaching the biggest potential customer base for them. That is exactly why they are going to the well so often on these compilation sets lately, like the above one, the upcoming one about the Greatest Stars of the 21s Century, and even the "Top 50 OMG Moments" or whatever they're calling it.

Can you imagine how low the numbers must be for some of their more specific themed titles, or even their PPV's-especially the ones on Blu-ray?
Old 06-30-11, 05:31 PM
  #2307  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I would like to see a continunce of those RAW seasons though...brings back memories and I'm all for more WCCW sets coming out too.
Old 06-30-11, 06:24 PM
  #2308  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by rmw650 View Post
I would like to see a continunce of those RAW seasons though...brings back memories and I'm all for more WCCW sets coming out too.
Count me in, love me some World Class (got the theme tune in my head now...) maybe I'll have a Triumph & Tragedy/Heroes Of marathon soon...

<-- Rant start --> Regretfully I don't think we'll see another World Class DVD again anytime soon - especially if WWE can't sell RAW DVDs to WWE fans.

I think a huge part of the issue is that WWE don't push there home video enough, case in point: the Nitro set, quite popular among online fans. What does WWE do on Raw - they have HBK come out and say "I didn't watch any of that stuff" why not have him say "I've been looking forward to see this stuff and watch the nWo, Nash and Hall get up to and their antics, I'm checking this out" and have him put over the set. Simple, and I bet this would have sold a couple more copies than theirs did.

I would not be shocked to see WWE cut back completely on DVD/Home Video in the next 18-24 months
<-- Rant end -->
Old 07-01-11, 08:48 AM
  #2309  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 399
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Will the Top 50 Incidents be WWE only, or will they cover wrestling in general? If it's wrestling overall I hope to see some ECW moments, namely the Mass Transit incident.
Old 07-01-11, 10:29 AM
  #2310  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 398
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Been a while since I've posted, hello again everyone. I'm in the market for ROH DVDs, if you have any for sale please PM me with details. I also posted this in the proper forum, sorry if this doesn't belong here but it'd get more eyeballs here rather than there.

Also want to send a special thank you to Mark for making the great inserts for WWE releases. Keep up the great work.
Old 07-01-11, 12:11 PM
  #2311  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by neilo13 View Post
Will the Top 50 Incidents be WWE only, or will they cover wrestling in general? If it's wrestling overall I hope to see some ECW moments, namely the Mass Transit incident.
I think based upon the synopsis and cover it will just be WWE, but only time will tell...

Originally Posted by Aces_High View Post
Also want to send a special thank you to Mark for making the great inserts for WWE releases. Keep up the great work.
Thanx, no probs.
Old 07-01-11, 12:25 PM
  #2312  
Senior Member
 
chocoboy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

The title is "Top 50 Incidents in WWE History", so only WWE is a safe bet
Old 07-01-11, 08:47 PM
  #2313  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by md2810 View Post
I think based upon the synopsis and cover it will just be WWE, but only time will tell...



Thanx, no probs.
Mark, will need inserts for the new set coming out later this month and for those who are rey Mysterio fans as well. Great job as always! I hope WWE gets smart even releases some more AWA titles in addition to the old NWA JCP stuff and if they can only get a hold of the UWF library and not that new outfit that just premiered.
Old 07-01-11, 08:59 PM
  #2314  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 184
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Picked up over the limit for 14.99 and the cage match dvd for 19.99 at kmart today, i still have a brand new copy of Ric Flair and the Four Horseman for sale that came as a bonus with the nitro set if somebody wants it.
Old 07-02-11, 04:42 PM
  #2315  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JeffTheAlpaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 18,026
Received 289 Likes on 245 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Will the WWE every release Wrestlemanias individually on DVD?

The only one I can think of that gots its own release apart from a set was Wrestlemania 3.

Old 07-02-11, 05:53 PM
  #2316  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Noticed Highspots are finally selling RF Video ECW DVDs...way better than ordering directly from RF Video which have horrible horrible customer service.

I placed an order with them for couple ECW DVDs in April 2011 no status on the shipment was given for over a month, i sent them several emails asking on the status and not a single response, it just kept saying "payment received" under status. Their website says in stock items ship within 24-48 hours and takes about a week to arrive in Canada...my ass! Should have watched the youtube vid from AboveAverageMuta boycotting RFVideo for having garbage service before placing my order with them. He was so right.

I had to file a paypal seller dispute (luckly was still in the 45 day window to file a dispute) with them and got my refund.

Glad Highspots are starting to offer majority of those same DVDs like the commercial tapes, Hardcore TV sets, Fancams, etc. The only ones i really wanted to get were those ECW Year in Reviews, but those are only available on RFVideo.com, which I'm never ever going to order from. Been ordering with Highspots for years and not a single issue with them, even when I did once (package got lost) they gladly reshipped it without question. Same deal with ROHWrestling, had amazing service with them as well. Those two stores will always get my business.

Last edited by sg2386; 07-02-11 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-02-11, 06:03 PM
  #2317  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 15,437
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I've had issues with RF Video too. They always show items as in-stock, even if they're not. Because of that, it usually takes FOREVER to receive my orders from them. Also, my credit card info was compromised thanks to their shitty payment setup.
Old 07-02-11, 06:25 PM
  #2318  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 123
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I don't know why anyone would wanna give money to RF video anyhow, I am sure Rob would just use it to find little boys on the in-ter-web to sleep with. Oh wait, I mean he would never do that, my mistake.
Old 07-02-11, 08:21 PM
  #2319  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by sg2386 View Post
Noticed Highspots are finally selling RF Video ECW DVDs...way better than ordering directly from RF Video which have horrible horrible customer service.

I placed an order with them for couple ECW DVDs in April 2011 no status on the shipment was given for over a month, i sent them several emails asking on the status and not a single response, it just kept saying "payment received" under status. Their website says in stock items ship within 24-48 hours and takes about a week to arrive in Canada...my ass! Should have watched the youtube vid from AboveAverageMuta boycotting RFVideo for having garbage service before placing my order with them. He was so right.

I had to file a paypal seller dispute (luckly was still in the 45 day window to file a dispute) with them and got my refund.

Glad Highspots are starting to offer majority of those same DVDs like the commercial tapes, Hardcore TV sets, Fancams, etc. The only ones i really wanted to get were those ECW Year in Reviews, but those are only available on RFVideo.com, which I'm never ever going to order from. Been ordering with Highspots for years and not a single issue with them, even when I did once (package got lost) they gladly reshipped it without question. Same deal with ROHWrestling, had amazing service with them as well. Those two stores will always get my business.
Highspots.com is a good solid company who gives a damn about their customers and based out of Charlotte. Just stay away from RF Video as they absolutely suck and their customer service is an atrocity to deal with.
Old 07-03-11, 06:25 AM
  #2320  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Does anyone know if Highspots ship to England? I wouldn't mind getting some of them ECW Supercards in a couple of months.
Old 07-03-11, 07:08 AM
  #2321  
Senior Member
 
chocoboy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

^ They do, yeah. Just remember to make individual orders of no higher value than about 19 if you're wanting to avoid customs fees.
Old 07-03-11, 09:30 AM
  #2322  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by chocoboy87 View Post
^ They do, yeah. Just remember to make individual orders of no higher value than about 19 if you're wanting to avoid customs fees.
Thanks, I'll have to try and remember that.
Old 07-03-11, 04:24 PM
  #2323  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 225
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
I've had issues with RF Video too. They always show items as in-stock, even if they're not. Because of that, it usually takes FOREVER to receive my orders from them. Also, my credit card info was compromised thanks to their shitty payment setup.
It took me 4 months to recieve Ichiban!
Old 07-03-11, 04:32 PM
  #2324  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 15,437
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

My last order with them was in August of 2009 and it took the better part of two months to get to me. When I order wrestling dvds now, I either stick with Highspots, or I get them directly from the company.
Old 07-03-11, 11:19 PM
  #2325  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Anyone own the Classic Memphis Wrestling DVDs from Highspots? some of those look really good...looking to collect these sets, for those that have them which one would you recommend? was looking to get Jerry Lawler vs. Andy Kaufman, Jerry Lawler vs. Tommy Rich & Austin Idol and Strangest Matches & Wildest Brawls.

How's the quality of them and are the matches in full? not too much info is given on Highspots.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.