Old 06-19-11, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

More VHS and DVDs listed!

http://shop.ebay.com/leesamarie22/m....id=p4340.l2562
Old 06-19-11, 10:07 PM

Could the massive project possibly be a history on World Wrestling Entertainment? If it is to be released in 2012, it could coincide with the 30th anniversary of Vince McMahon purchasing his father's company.
Old 06-20-11, 06:26 AM

RAW The Beginning Seasons 1 and 2 is £9.99 for 24 hours only on SilverVision.co.uk, starting Wednesday.

Old 06-20-11, 01:47 PM

WWE: Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century DVD cover (confirmed by Silvervision): http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...d-cover/14202/

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-20-11, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
The cover for the Immortal Forever DVD:

Wonder what this DVD will actually cover...my guess is, it will start from January 2010 til present (probably til March/April). It will probably be something like what was on TNA Reaction several months back when they were talking about how the whole Immortal group started to take shape, which basically started on the first Impact going head to head with RAW.
We never got to see a Best of Paparazzi Productions DVD but we get THIS!? Good lord. It'll probably be a pure Hogan/Bischoff vanity piece, although there's plenty of content to throw in there - the formation of Immortal got its own full hour-long episode of Reaction for example.
Old 06-20-11, 04:45 PM

Hi there,
Long time reader of these forums. Always found it to be a great source of news. What made me post is the recent puzzling decisions made by the TNA Home Video division. They've done a lot of dumb stuff before namely excluding the pre-show matches on more than one occasion (Slammiversary and Bound for Glory 09) despite specifically printing them as an extra on the back of the box. Recently though, they are getting even more sloppy with things. First off, the Against All Odds 2011 extra of Before the Bell is cut short. During the program’s intro it hypes how it will feature both the Angle/Jarrett and Hardy/Anderson matches. But for whatever reason, the feature cuts off after it covers the Angle/Jarrett backstory. Personally, I found this to be annoying as Hardy/Anderson was one of the very few interesting feuds TNA has had all year. Anyway, there’s nothing that can be done with this I guess. However, the other two problems are just shoddy production values. The opening match of Final Resolution 2010 (Beer Money/Ink Inc) has about 10-15 seconds cut from it for no apparent reason. I checked back on the original broadcast and there wasn’t any botched moves or anything I could see wrong. The other was from No Surrender 2010 (I’m going by memory but nearly sure it was this) where the audio seems to be behind by a split second (Nearly sure it became noticeable during the AJ/Dreamer I Quit match with the weapon shots). Does anyone else have the same problems? Just want to make sure that I don’t have a bad copy.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-11, 10:11 PM

I've been nostalgic lately. I was a big fan in the decade of the 90s, with my favorite years probably coming in the mid 90s. and have picked up several 90's-era releases.... Wrestlemania Vol 2 and 3, Royal Rumble 93-97, Best of Raw 93/94, Bret Hart, Greatest Stars of the 90s, and ECW Bloodsport.... though the ECW stuff doesn't seem to hold up nearly as well for me as the WWF stuff from that time.

Anyone have any other recommendations for a fan of the 90s? More of a WWF fan, but had my moments with ECW, WCW.

The Austin legacy DVD? Nitro? Rise/Fall of WCW (likely would only be interested in the matches on that)? Something else?

Staying away from Summerslam/Survivor Series sets because those were inexcusably made without plastic holders for the discs and too many have gotten scratched/cracked discs.
Old 06-20-11, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPeeples
We never got to see a Best of Paparazzi Productions DVD but we get THIS!? Good lord. It'll probably be a pure Hogan/Bischoff vanity piece, although there's plenty of content to throw in there - the formation of Immortal got its own full hour-long episode of Reaction for example.
People still watch this junk?? Two of the three guys in that photo are ruining TNA right now and I don't mean Flair.
Old 06-21-11, 04:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
WWE: Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century DVD cover (confirmed by Silvervision): http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-greate...d-cover/14202/
Not a bad cover, I might get this but that depends on the matches, I am sick of repeats
Old 06-21-11, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mark,

Are you going to be making inserts for the upcoming cage matches and 21st century DVD sets?
Old 06-21-11, 03:30 PM

Picked up the Over the Limit BD today. Did anyone else notice that the back cover doesn't list Sin Cara vs. Chavo Guerrero or Kelly Kelly vs. Brie Bella for some strange reason?
Old 06-21-11, 05:59 PM

But doesn't it also say runtime of the BD is 9 hours? That can't be right but I'd like to see pics
Old 06-21-11, 08:19 PM

Was at a FYE tonight... seemed to have some good buys...

Rise/Fall WCW 16.99 (Amazon 23.99. WWEshop.com had it for less, but OOS and would have been more once you factor in shipping.)

Bret Hart 6.99

Hart/Soul + Bret Hart for 16.99

Undertaker's Deadliest Matches 11.99

Road Warriors 9.99

Highest Flyers 16.99
Old 06-21-11, 09:19 PM

If anyone is looking for the last few wrestlemania's on bluray. Walmart seems to have them on sale. They had 24, 25, and 26 for $15 each.
Old 06-22-11, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by rmw650
Mark,

Are you going to be making inserts for the upcoming cage matches and 21st century DVD sets?
Yup... For sure for Cage Matches (as it doesn't have one) and Stars of 21st Century (if it doesn't have one) Blu and DVD.

Plus I have the beginning of a Rey one too
Old 06-22-11, 01:13 PM
CCS
Cool New Member

Is the Nitro DVD worth buying? I haven't been that much into wrestling lately but I've always been interested in WCW.
Old 06-22-11, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CCS
Is the Nitro DVD worth buying? I haven't been that much into wrestling lately but I've always been interested in WCW.
It's worth it as I just finished watching it but don't overpay on it.

Web address is dvdpricesearch.com

Last edited by rmw650; 06-23-11 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Incorrect web address...right one now posted
Old 06-22-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by md2810
Yup... For sure for Cage Matches (as it doesn't have one) and Stars of 21st Century (if it doesn't have one) Blu and DVD.

Plus I have the beginning of a Rey one too
As always, I THANK YOU Mark. Looking forward to those.
Old 06-22-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon shipped out my Greatest Cage Matches DVD pre-order yesterday and received it today...I actually pre-ordered Lockdown 2011 and Over the Limit Blu-ray together and they also shipped the Cage matches DVD, which was a separate order.

First time I experienced Amazon shipping out a DVD a week before release...I've had it happen the day before or day of, but never a week in advance....must have been a goof up.

Going to watch it tonight.

Last edited by sg2386; 06-23-11 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-23-11, 01:56 AM

First time I experienced Amazon shipping out a DVD a week before release...I've it happen the day before or day of, but never a week in advance....must have been a goof up.
Was that from Amazon.com? Has anyone noticed that Amazon.ca doesn't get WWE DVDs now on the release date, what's that about?
Old 06-23-11, 05:56 AM
Banned

Amazon shipped out my Greatest Cage Matches DVD pre-order yesterday and received it today...I actually pre-ordered Lockdown 2011 and Over the Limit Blu-ray together and they also shipped the Cage matches DVD, which was a separate order.

First time I experienced Amazon shipping out a DVD a week before release...I've it happen the day before or day of, but never a week in advance....must have been a goof up.

Going to watch it tonight.
You got lucky!
Old 06-23-11, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by md2810
Was that from Amazon.com? Has anyone noticed that Amazon.ca doesn't get WWE DVDs now on the release date, what's that about?
It was actually from Amazon.ca.
Old 06-23-11, 10:01 AM

It was actually from Amazon.ca.
Cool. I know since High Flyers Amazon.ca have usually been really slow to get stock in. When I've pre-ordered and I've usually cancelled and ordered somewhere else (they have just done it with me on the Over the Limit blu-ray and it says it will take 9-21 days to come in stock).

This time however I preordered my Cage Matches from amazon.com when it was $15 a few weeks ago.
Old 06-23-11, 04:27 PM

So I know JR said a big DVD is in the works. Shawn Michaels tweeted that he would be in CT doing some stuff for a DVD release. And Bret Hart is in CT as well for this. Geez... could my guess be correct?? Are the WWE actually gonna release a dvd set on The Montreal Screw Job?!?! I hope they all finally admit that it was staged and that they have been working the fans for the past 14 years.
Old 06-23-11, 07:17 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by jammer311
So I know JR said a big DVD is in the works. Shawn Michaels tweeted that he would be in CT doing some stuff for a DVD release. And Bret Hart is in CT as well for this. Geez... could my guess be correct?? Are the WWE actually gonna release a dvd set on The Montreal Screw Job?!?! I hope they all finally admit that it was staged and that they have been working the fans for the past 14 years.
I dont think so man. could be but my guess is more like a history of the WWE dvd. Maybe even greatest rivalries, i just dont think they would make one just on the montreal screwjob. Could be wrong, but i just dont think so

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.