Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 12-27-10, 08:39 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Just picked up "The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection" for $9 at Wal-Mart. It didn't have a insert though. Just wondering if any one who got it when it first came out could check to see if it had one, and if so maybe upload some scans.
Old 12-29-10, 06:30 AM

md2810, great work on the inserts. Your effort is much appreciated. I think it's bullshit that inserts are no longer being included in WWE releases.

I had to buy the Bobby Heenan set, one of the truly great heel managers/commentators. Is the doc as awesome as I hope it is?
Old 12-29-10, 08:36 AM
Cool New Member

The doc was okay and contained lots of his career highlights. It's just a shame Bobby wasn't able to narrate or be interviewed for the piece.
Old 12-29-10, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by LastRites
The doc was okay and contained lots of his career highlights. It's just a shame Bobby wasn't able to narrate or be interviewed for the piece.
There's no new interviews with Bobby? That's major disappointment for me. Oh well, I already bought it, I'll have to let y'all know what I think of it if I get around to watching it in the next week or so.

Last edited by neilo13; 12-30-10 at 06:59 AM.
Old 12-29-10, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by neilo13
There's no new interviews with Booby? That's major disappointment for me. Oh well, I already bought it, I'll have to let y'all know what I think of it if I get around to watching it in the next week or so.
I'm not being funny or anything, but he is so ill that you wouldn't be able to understand a thing he is saying.
Old 12-29-10, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by dillkid
I'm not being funny or anything, but he is so ill that you wouldn't be able to understand a thing he is saying.
That's sad to hear, I know in anything I've seen him in the past decade he hasn't looked or sounded well.
Old 12-29-10, 02:26 PM

I can't be the only one laughing at neilo calling him Booby am I?
Old 12-29-10, 03:35 PM

Yeah, the Heenan set was a little disappointing. I was really hoping for much more Prime Time footage with Gorilla, classic AWA and WWE promos and obviously all of the Bobby Heenan Show episodes.
Old 12-29-10, 06:58 PM

The DVD cover artwork for TLC 2010 has been confirmed. Yeah, the sketchy Mysterio/stickman poster but I like the originality.

Can be viewed on here http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-tlc-20...over-art/8093/
Old 12-30-10, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like the artwork a lot, myself. Sure, it's a tad cheesy and overly simplistic but sometimes that works. It beats the hell out of a lot of the other PPV release artwork from this year, IMO. I'm just pissed there isn't going to be a Blu-ray release. I really hope every show gets a Blu release from here on out.
Old 12-30-10, 04:35 AM

I actualy really like that cover, much better than the efforts for Night Of Champions and that!
Old 12-30-10, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
I can't be the only one laughing at neilo calling him Booby am I?
Apparently I am unable to type, I fixed it.
Old 12-30-10, 11:57 AM

so, its official? there will not be a TLC blu-ray release?
Old 12-30-10, 12:53 PM

Yeah, no Blu-ray
Old 12-30-10, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad there is no Blu-ray for TLC...was hoping it would be like HIAC where it was unadvertised and just pops up at BB...if that was the case, we in Canada would also have it released.

But good news is, it looks like we might get every ppv in 2011 in Blu-ray (with DVD combo) since Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber have been confirmed, also with Wrestlemania Story and Rock/Austin Rivalry in Blu-ray format. Looks like 2011 will be a great year for WWE Blu-rays.

Still hoping they will finally release Survivor Series Anthology Volume 3 and 4...why can't just get it over it and release the remaining sets?!? I don't think it took WWE this long for Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble and Summerslam individual volumes to come out, i think only 6-8 months apart.
Old 12-31-10, 05:43 PM

I found the Life and Times of Mr. Perfect for $5 at Walmart today. I was very happy to find that.
Old 12-31-10, 08:14 PM

Dont remember seeing this posted already (but may have missed it).... FYI...the 2disc special edition of Legendary contains what appears to be the walmart disc "WWE Legendary Moments" as disc #2....So for those who did not purchase the walmart exclusive stand-alone "Legendary Moments".. see link for description from bestbuy.com, click the 'details' tab for disc info.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Legendar...1&st=legendary
Old 01-01-11, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

anybody found the Bobby Heenan DVD at wal-mart? I checked 2 and nothing
Old 01-01-11, 08:53 AM
Cool New Member

I picked up the Heenen DVD @ WM yesterday. They had several in the new release area.

I have to say I enjoyed this DVD even without new interviews with Heenan himself. It played like an episode of A&E's Biography series, with a narrator moving things along between interviews of friends, family and co-workers. There is plenty on this set, including classic moments as extras. My wife (not a WWE fan) actually sat down and watched this with me and found herself laughing out loud at some of Heenan's bits.

IMHO this set was created just so the Heenan family could get a small payoff from sales and such. WWE really didn't have to invest much new money in this set with just a few interveiws conducted. Its about 50% new interviews and the other 50% comming from older interviews. And "older" doesn't necessarily mean previously released, just interviews from other sets that didn't make the cut for one reason or another.

But I hope this means we can get more sets like this featuring superstars from the past using interviews and segments from other sets that never got used.
Old 01-03-11, 06:57 AM

I got around to watching the Bobby doc this weekend and I found it quite enjyoyable. I was disappointed to hear that no new interviews with Bobby were done for this doc, however, the doc plays out very nicely. I feel that it could have been a bit longer, but as always, the extra bits on disc 1 help to pad out the running time and are quite entertaining. If you were on the fence about this release I would definitely recommend it as long as you are a Heenan fan (and really, who isn't).

On another topic, has anyone else noticed that Best Buy has not been including wrestling releases in their weekly flyer? I guess I'll have to rely on this thread to keep me up to date with release news.
Old 01-03-11, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JJE-187
You should have asked for the Booby Heenan set, and they would have found it for you.
Old 01-03-11, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by neilo13
On another topic, has anyone else noticed that Best Buy has not been including wrestling releases in their weekly flyer? I guess I'll have to rely on this thread to keep me up to date with release news.
I think that has been a while...in Canada no Best Buy or Walmart flyer advertises WWE DVDs or Blu-rays. I think the last time Best Buy Canada did was with Wrestlemania 25 and Macho Madness.

However they always advertise new releases for UFC DVDs.

WWE just isn't popular anymore...we are just long time fans continuing to support the product, but new fans will probably watch MMA instead.
Old 01-03-11, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JJE-187
In the new release section at Wal-mart as I saw a few copies near me. Hopefully going to receive it as a birthday gift from a friend.
Old 01-03-11, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I checked 3 WM in my area and nothing
Old 01-04-11, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sg2386
also with Wrestlemania Story and Rock/Austin Rivalry in Blu-ray format. Looks like 2011 will be a great year for WWE Blu-rays.
There have been film cameras present at Wrestlemania for the past 10 or so years, I wonder if they will be using this footage to take advantage of the HD format?

Rock/Austin is coming to Blu? I wonder how that is going to look? Seeing as all the footage from the Attitude era were standard def cameras. Maybe new interviews are in HD?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.