Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-10, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by LastRites
You know, I've only recently noticed that WWEShop.com ship to the UK for $2.95. I'll start ordering from them directly going forward as their DVD's are always cheaper, shipping is cheaper, and they ship them before the release dates.

Long gone are the days when WWEShop.com charged over $25 to ship a single item to the UK.
Ditto!

I'm in Gibraltar and the prices were outreagous!

I got 12 DVD's on the way from them
Old 12-06-10, 08:35 AM

I ordered the new John Cena DVD with them, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
They use to be really quick, but I'm guessing their new cheaper shipping is also much slower. Can't win em all.

Apparently they have been shipping the 50 Superstars DVD, but because of higher than expected demand it is now backordered.

Last edited by md2810; 12-06-10 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Cena Set Arrived Today...
Old 12-07-10, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

WWEDVDNews is reporting that WWE is planning another Best of SmackDown: 2010/2011 DVD set for late in 2011.

They also report that WWE has a DVD and Bluray set on their schedule to focus on the rivalry between Steve Austin and The Rock, also planned for the end of 2011.

Maybe old news, and I'm not sure how the Blu-Ray would work, but Austin/Rock, bought. Especially if they somehow get both guys to give new interviews about the behind-the-scenes stuff and their thoughts on the matches and so on.
Old 12-07-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
WWEDVDNews is reporting that WWE is planning another Best of SmackDown: 2010/2011 DVD set for late in 2011.
LOL! At least it's "late" 2011. I guess they don't plan on having any good matches in the latter part of 2011.

They're going to be jumping the gun so much, I wouldn't be surprised if they released the "Best of 2013" in 2012.
Old 12-07-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan

They also report that WWE has a DVD and Bluray set on their schedule to focus on the rivalry between Steve Austin and The Rock, also planned for the end of 2011.

Maybe old news, and I'm not sure how the Blu-Ray would work, but Austin/Rock, bought. Especially if they somehow get both guys to give new interviews about the behind-the-scenes stuff and their thoughts on the matches and so on.
For the Rock/Austin Blu-ray it will basically be upconverted like the Cena Blu-ray where the old footage will be in 4:3 with the side bars and will have slight upgrade in picture quality.

I think WM19 was shot with HD cameras so that match will probably be the only HD footage.
Old 12-07-10, 10:41 AM

I think the Rivalry concept is a good one and would work with many different iconic rivalries such as Rock/Austin, Austin/McMahon, Hogan/Piper, Flair/Steamboat, Flair/Rhodes, Taker/Michaels.

Another interesting concept which looks like it has been abandoned is the Unreleased Collectors Series, which would work for scores of other superstars who already have DVDs out like... Bret, Shawn, Taker etc.

I think the WrestleMania story for next year could be really good if they do a real indeph behind the scenes look at each WrestleMania and the stories behind it with sit down interviews with Fink, Vince, Linda, Shane, Stephanie, JR, Gene Okerlund, Jesse Ventura, Pat Patterson, Gerry Brisco etc and not just guys like Cena and Miz.
Old 12-07-10, 01:25 PM

They Should do a series of feud DVDs that match like the Legends of Wrestling set does, I would do:
Rock Vs Austin, Cena Vs Orton, Hogan Vs Savage, Austin Vs Bret, Sting Vs Flair and Triple H Vs HBK.
Old 12-07-10, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
LOL! At least it's "late" 2011. I guess they don't plan on having any good matches in the latter part of 2011.

They're going to be jumping the gun so much, I wouldn't be surprised if they released the "Best of 2013" in 2012.
Why is that such a big deal with you? You act like it is the first time something like this has been done in the media producing industry. Does it set OCD alarms off in your head or what?
Old 12-07-10, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Why is that such a big deal with you? You act like it is the first time something like this has been done in the media producing industry. Does it set OCD alarms off in your head or what?
Yes. Yes it does.

It's totally inaccurate, for one.

Secondly, it makes them look retarded. How can you have a "best of 2011" when 2011 isn't over yet? Do they have that little faith in their product that they're not going to have any good matches between the time the "best of 2011" comes out and the actual end of 2011?

Thirdly, say 10 years from now you want to "relive the golden years of 2010". You'll pull out the "best of 2010" dvd only to find out that half the matches are from 2009 and you'll wonder why you're not watching what you were expecting to watch based on the lable.

Fourth: I work in an industry where exactness is crucial. It's in my blood. To see something so blatantly wrong (and people actually accepting this inaccuracy) just irks my ire.
Old 12-07-10, 04:16 PM

To those that were wondering if "Old school RAW" will be included on Survivor Series BD, according to silvervision, the answer is yes!

The bonus disc will include both old school Raw and the go home Smackdown!.

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/produc...y-2-Discs.html

I have to say that having that episode of Raw on BD, is more appealing to me than what I thought was just a so so PPV. Old school Raw will get more views from me in the future for sure.

I'm assuming US will just get Raw on the bonus disc.

Anyone else importing the PPV BD's from the UK and not buying domestic versions anymore, since they don't include SD on the bonus discs?
Old 12-08-10, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

question, has anyone gotten the Hardcore Justice dvd version yet and can confirm if any of the audio is edited to bleep the ecw references by the crowd or the announcers (or uses of copywrited names that apparently weren't allowed)
Old 12-08-10, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes. Yes it does.

It's totally inaccurate, for one.

Secondly, it makes them look retarded. How can you have a "best of 2011" when 2011 isn't over yet? Do they have that little faith in their product that they're not going to have any good matches between the time the "best of 2011" comes out and the actual end of 2011?

Thirdly, say 10 years from now you want to "relive the golden years of 2010". You'll pull out the "best of 2010" dvd only to find out that half the matches are from 2009 and you'll wonder why you're not watching what you were expecting to watch based on the lable.

Fourth: I work in an industry where exactness is crucial. It's in my blood. To see something so blatantly wrong (and people actually accepting this inaccuracy) just irks my ire.
They put 2 years in the title for a reason, man. Whatever they might miss at the end of the year can easily go in the 2011-2012 one. Ever play video games? If so, it must really drive you up a wall how all the sports titles go a year ahead of time.
Old 12-08-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They put 2 years in the title for a reason, man.
And what reason is that, dude? Nothing that remotely makes any (logical) sense. It's not like wrestling has seasons (though there are some excellent arguments as to why it should).

Ever play video games? If so, it must really drive you up a wall how all the sports titles go a year ahead of time.
Oh, it does. Believe me.
Old 12-08-10, 01:38 PM

Why does it matter? If you don't like the DVD, then don't buy it!
Old 12-08-10, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And what reason is that, dude? Nothing that remotely makes any (logical) sense. It's not like wrestling has seasons (though there are some excellent arguments as to why it should).
They're clearly doing it here because they did not release a "best of 2009" set for SD like they did for Raw. When they decided to go ahead with one later, they wanted to include more recent content rather than just cutting it off at December 2009. They can't just call the next one "Best of 2010" when half the year or more was covered in the previous set.

I really just don't see what the big fucking deal is about it. Is it really such a hard concept to wrap your head around? It seems like you're just being incredibly anal and OCD about it for no reason other than your own weirdness.
Old 12-08-10, 01:59 PM

So do I, and nothing like this surprises me after their "25th anniversary of Wrestlemania" debacle.
Old 12-08-10, 03:49 PM

I'm a little confused, the Smackdown season runs from Oct - Oct, so the set released next year will feature all the highlights from the debut episode on Syfy. The last one went from the 10th Anniversary show up until the move to Syfy.

So a late 2011 release will include the whole season.

What I think is crazy is that the set is released weeks after the end of the season, so August and September are glossed over. Like the Raw set last year skipped over November and December.
Old 12-08-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really just don't see what the big fucking deal is about it. Is it really such a hard concept to wrap your head around? It seems like you're just being incredibly anal and OCD about it for no reason other than your own weirdness.
Well you don't have to be like an insulting prick. (note that I didn't CALL you an "insulting prick". I said you were being "like" one, which is completely different.)

Of course I can "wrap my head around" the concept. It's just retarded (no offense) and makes no sense and makes the company look incredibly stupid. Plus it's poor marketing.
Old 12-08-10, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by KurtK26
So do I, and nothing like this surprises me after their "25th anniversary of Wrestlemania" debacle.
Yeah, they do marketing campaigns like that and think their fans won't notice blantant errors like that? Show you what they think of their fans.
Old 12-08-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by md2810

What I think is crazy is that the set is released weeks after the end of the season, so August and September are glossed over. Like the Raw set last year skipped over November and December.
Actually the Best of RAW 2009 had content from November and December included. The set was released a month after.
Old 12-09-10, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by sg2386
Actually the Best of RAW 2009 had content from November and December included. The set was released a month after.
All I mean is that when watching the set the last few months don't get as much coverage as the earlier months.

This isn't helped by releasing the set less than 4 weeks after the final show in the 'season' as it doesn't leave much time for production etc, the Raw 2010 set at this point must be almost complete now in order to get it produced and distributed for January, so they just throw on some content from end of the year.

For example they missed off the best ever ending for the last Raw set, which would have provided a great lead in to the next one with the HBK/Vince promo with Shawn promising "only good things would happen" with Bret's return. Then kick off the 2010 set with Bret's return with HBK.*

I think they should release the set later in to the year so they can look at all the footage and see where story lines are leading to produce the best set possible. That's my thinking anyway.
Old 12-09-10, 12:04 PM
Cool New Member

The SmackDown! Best Of concept works fine for me. When they eventually do 99/00, 01/02, 03/04 etc will work well and keep in line with the recent 09/10 and future 10/11 sets.

Last edited by LastRites; 12-10-10 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-10-10, 02:35 PM

Hey guys- just rented the 1987 Survivor Series anthology version from Netflix. Anyone know what the music on the dvd menu screen is? I sounds 80s-ish, like watered-down Iron Maiden.
Old 12-10-10, 02:47 PM

F KMART! I found 50 Greatest Superstars at KMart today, only to be told at Checkout that they couldn't sell it to me because the official street date is Tuesday(Which I already knew-the date that is). I could've made a big deal about it and asked for a manager but I was having a lousy day and just took the L. Guess I gotta wait til Tuesday like the rest of the world who didn't buy it from WWE.com. Damnit!
Old 12-10-10, 05:41 PM

Bobby Heenan DVD photo:

Credit: http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...d-photos/7747/

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:22 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.