Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 06-23-10, 02:30 PM
  #601  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by dillkid
That is very annoying, is there an option to change it to fullscreen so you don't have to look at them things?
I think it depends on the DVD player, most have a zoom feature which i think can stretch the picture for widescreen tvs.

I don't mind the bars, i just wish it was black. But I think it's a step in the right direction for when WWE puts older matches on DVDs.
Old 06-23-10, 02:52 PM
  #602  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 239
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by dillkid
I don't know though, becuase we got the Elimination Chamber 2010 PPV with no problems.
Yeah, but SilverVision distributes DVDs to all of Europe, including Germany.

For what it's worth, I sent SilverVision a message on Twitter asking why the name change, and only got back the message "so we can release it!" from them.
Old 06-23-10, 03:24 PM
  #603  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Can anyone tell me how much the Special Collector's Edition of the Trish Stratus Collector's Edition DVD goes for, and how much people usually pay for it? I'm talking about the rare "collector's edition, used, and without the bobblehead. Thanks.
Old 06-23-10, 07:23 PM
  #604  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by dillkid
I don't know though, becuase we got the Elimination Chamber 2010 PPV with no problems.

That is very annoying, is there an option to change it to fullscreen so you don't have to look at them things?
If you have an HD TV then you should be able to zoom to full screen. If you don't then it depedns on your player. Most DVD players do seem to have a zoom/crop option though...
Old 06-23-10, 10:01 PM
  #605  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 772
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Can anyone tell me how much the Special Collector's Edition of the Trish Stratus Collector's Edition DVD goes for, and how much people usually pay for it? I'm talking about the rare "collector's edition, used, and without the bobblehead. Thanks.
Do you have one for sale or trade?
Old 06-23-10, 10:25 PM
  #606  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 11,973
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

I have this feeling that the Martha Hart lawsuit is going to push WWE to take the current Hart Family dvd out of print. What store has it for the cheapest price right now?
Old 06-23-10, 11:24 PM
  #607  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Do you have one for sale or trade?
I have one in my posession, not sure what to do with it yet.
Old 06-23-10, 11:44 PM
  #608  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 772
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I have one in my posession, not sure what to do with it yet.
PM me is you want to sell or trade.
Old 06-24-10, 02:03 AM
  #609  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by dx23
I have this feeling that the Martha Hart lawsuit is going to push WWE to take the current Hart Family dvd out of print. What store has it for the cheapest price right now?
Wouldn't that mean that the new Raw 1993/94 DVD would have to be thought out again, as it has Owen matches on it.
Old 06-24-10, 12:04 PM
  #610  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by dx23
I have this feeling that the Martha Hart lawsuit is going to push WWE to take the current Hart Family dvd out of print. What store has it for the cheapest price right now?
No way, if anything, this is going to push them to fight back and stamp out any chance that others can bring lawsuits against them over DVD usage.

WWE should devote an entire DVD to Owen instead of holding back.
Old 06-24-10, 01:04 PM
  #611  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by dillkid
Wouldn't that mean that the new Raw 1993/94 DVD would have to be thought out again, as it has Owen matches on it.
No. I'm sure those are either already produced or in the process of being manufactured right now. They will be hitting store shelves without an issue. The only possible thing that could muck it up would be if Martha Hart were to somehow get an injunction to make them cease production and/or recall any releases that have Owen in them-which is not going to happen.
Old 06-24-10, 01:48 PM
  #612  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 518
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
No. I'm sure those are either already produced or in the process of being manufactured right now. They will be hitting store shelves without an issue. The only possible thing that could muck it up would be if Martha Hart were to somehow get an injunction to make them cease production and/or recall any releases that have Owen in them-which is not going to happen.
Thank god for that!
Old 06-24-10, 02:20 PM
  #613  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 123
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Martha needs to just stop all of this. I wonder if she even supported Owen at all in his wrestling career. We all know the story, it was a tragic accident. But us wrestling fans who did like Owen would like to have his matches on dvd. She should see that as an honor and a tribute to her husband. I don't get her at all. All the money in the world isn't gonna bring Owen back, and her trying to get another $20 million out of the McMahon's won't hurt their bank account either. It's just a bad deal over all.
Old 06-24-10, 04:25 PM
  #614  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,447
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Just the entire timing of this lawsuit is interesting in and of itself, as Linda is running for Senate in CT
Old 06-24-10, 04:32 PM
  #615  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

The way that I understood the Martha Hart/WWE situation is that she objected to WWE exploiting Owen's image to sell DVDs/Merchandise and exploiting his death (which was why the Over the Edge PPV was never released on Home Video).

As Owen was a focal part of the advertising and packaging of the Hart & Soul set, this us where the issue is. (Plus she may not have received residuals from the release!).

Martha had no issues with the Greatest Stars if the 90s set, as although Owen did have a feature on the set his image was not a focal point if the release. The same will probably apply to the upcoming Raw DVD.

As Martha really can't do anything about WWE using his footage on their other releases, so long as it's not Owen focused (as per their agreement in 2000) what will probably happen is the Hart and Soul set will get a new cover, not mentioning Owen.
Old 06-24-10, 07:35 PM
  #616  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

If that does end up being the case, I can imagine at least a few people in this thread running out and buying the existing release thinking it may be some "collectors item" down the road.
Old 06-25-10, 12:29 AM
  #617  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Briarwood Sanatarium
Posts: 4,293
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

didn't the Ricky Steamboat DVD come out tuesday? My wal-mart had 0 copies and not even an empty slot for it to be in
Old 06-25-10, 12:51 AM
  #618  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by JJE-187
didn't the Ricky Steamboat DVD come out tuesday? My wal-mart had 0 copies and not even an empty slot for it to be in
Next Tuesday. This week was just Over The Limit and Lockdown.
Old 06-25-10, 01:59 AM
  #619  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Yea, it's out next Tuesday.

When i went to Best Buy, i picked up Over the Limit...couldn't find Lockdown though but they had Ricky Steamboat out by mistake but couldn't sell it.
Old 06-25-10, 01:27 PM
  #620  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Ring of Honor is having a 35% off sale this weekend.

Coupon code is june35 and the offer ends on Monday, June 28th at noon EST.

Shipping costs are not discountable. DVD Subscription Packages, tickets for “The Bluegrass Brawl” in Louisville, and Terry Funk Autograph tickets for New York are the only items NOT included in the sale. No adjustments to prior purchases or previously placed orders. Offer valid only on orders placed online at www.rohwrestling.com. Orders will only be discounted if you follow the steps listed above.
Old 06-25-10, 03:31 PM
  #621  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,447
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Like I said, just interesting regarding her timing of filing this suit and McDevit even stated they haven't heard from her in 10 years until now. I can understand she wants to protect the sanctity of Owen's name and such, but the matches are WWE's property and they're free to do what they want with them.
Old 06-25-10, 03:32 PM
  #622  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 15,722
Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by SkipKassidy
Ring of Honor is having a 35% off sale this weekend.

Coupon code is june35 and the offer ends on Monday, June 28th at noon EST.
I genuinely can't afford it but I placed a good-sized order anyway. I imagine next weekend will have a good sale for the 4th, as well.
Old 06-26-10, 05:34 AM
  #623  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Below is the official synopsis for WWE’s upcoming DVD set on Chris Jericho, titled The Highlight Reel:

The WWE fans love to hate Chris Jericho. Throughout his remarkable career he has provided sports entertainment fans with amazing matches and astounding moments whether he was in Smokey Mountain Wrestling, ECW, WCW, and WWE. He’s also left his mark on the entertainment industry outside the ring, from his band Fozzy, writing a NY Times bestselling autobiography, through his appearances on VH-1’s “I Love…” shows and his role in the hit film “Magruber”. But his most famous moments are in sports entertainment, where Jericho has won multiple championships, including the WWE, World Heavyweight, a record number of Intercontinental titles, and the night when he defeated both the Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin to become the first ever WWE Unified Champion. But Chris Jericho has never had his remarkable career highlighted in a DVD set until now. This 3-disc release will include a never-before-seen documentary on the life and times of Jericho featuring new candid interviews with Jericho and his rivals, as well as more than a dozen of his greatest matches.
Old 06-26-10, 06:10 AM
  #624  
Senior Member
 
chocoboy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Where did that come from? With the BS reports lately I want to see it first at a legit source. Did a retail site post it?

Awesome news if it is actually a documentary + matches. Jericho kinda gave that impression on Twitter but can't be sure.

Edit: Found it at http://www.walmart.com/ip/14666087

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-26-10 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-26-10, 07:29 AM
  #625  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by LastRites
Below is the official synopsis for WWE’s upcoming DVD set on Chris Jericho, titled The Highlight Reel:

The WWE fans love to hate Chris Jericho. Throughout his remarkable career he has provided sports entertainment fans with amazing matches and astounding moments whether he was in Smokey Mountain Wrestling, ECW, WCW, and WWE. He’s also left his mark on the entertainment industry outside the ring, from his band Fozzy, writing a NY Times bestselling autobiography, through his appearances on VH-1’s “I Love…” shows and his role in the hit film “Magruber”. But his most famous moments are in sports entertainment, where Jericho has won multiple championships, including the WWE, World Heavyweight, a record number of Intercontinental titles, and the night when he defeated both the Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin to become the first ever WWE Unified Champion. But Chris Jericho has never had his remarkable career highlighted in a DVD set until now. This 3-disc release will include a never-before-seen documentary on the life and times of Jericho featuring new candid interviews with Jericho and his rivals, as well as more than a dozen of his greatest matches.
Wherever that's from, it's way too friggin' long.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.