Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-10, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Already received my shipping confirmation from ShopTNA for Best of AMW and Destination X 2010 (tracking is not working yet) but so far so good.
Old 06-10-10, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received The Best of AMW and Destination X 2010 from ShopTNA today and the Best of AMW is the original 2 disc release and not 1 disc re-release like the other ones they had in the past (Best of Bloodiest Brawls, Best of X Division and Best of NWA Title matches).

Pretty awesome!

I just need Best of 3 Live Kru to complete my TNA collection.
Old 06-10-10, 04:18 PM

Styles has tweeted about a new WWE DVD that looks to be the "Top 50 WWE Superstars", and also said Jericho's DVD will feature footage from SMW, ECW, Japan, WCW & WWE.

I doubt the Jericho DVD will have a doc but I'm glad it will cover all those.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/top-50-wwe...-content/1975/
Old 06-10-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to NoDQ.com, the Jericho DVD will follow the same format as the Edge DVD;

Chris Jericho's new DVD will reportedly follow the same format of Edge's recent DVD. Matches from his runs in WCW, ECW and WWE will be featured as well as other footage. As noted before, the three-disc set will be released on September 21st of this year and the working title is "The Best at What I Do."
Old 06-10-10, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Styles has tweeted about a new WWE DVD that looks to be the "Top 50 WWE Superstars"

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/top-50-wwe...-content/1975/
This is going to be interesting, seeing that Hogan, Savage, Flair and Warrior should appear on the list. I imagine Stone Cold or the Rock to be selected at the top and Cena to be in the top 10 even if he doesn't deserve it.
Old 06-10-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Didn't see this mentioned yet but the new UT DVD is $22.95 at wal-mart. I usually buy all WWE dvds within a few weeks of them coming out, most within 1 week but I was finding it hard to spend $20 for them but now with the price hike I think I will wait. Hopefully this was only a 1 time deal
Old 06-10-10, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by JJE-187
Didn't see this mentioned yet but the new UT DVD is $22.95 at wal-mart. I usually buy all WWE dvds within a few weeks of them coming out, most within 1 week but I was finding it hard to spend $20 for them but now with the price hike I think I will wait. Hopefully this was only a 1 time deal
Not sure if you have a kmart near you, but they have the new taker dvd for 14.99, and best buy price matches, i think walmart does too.
Old 06-10-10, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

closest k-mart and best buy is like an hour from me so I rely on WM for all my WWE needs
Old 06-10-10, 09:38 PM
Banned

Is $20 on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...fix=undertaker
Old 06-10-10, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
This is going to be interesting, seeing that Hogan, Savage, Flair and Warrior should appear on the list. I imagine Stone Cold or the Rock to be selected at the top and Cena to be in the top 10 even if he doesn't deserve it.
There was a special WWE Magazine in 2003 that listed the top 50 stars, so that should be a good indicator of who will make the dvd and who will not. Also, should be interesting to see what current stars make the list and bump some of the older guys off. I see guys like Lesner and Angle being kicked from the list since they aren't with the company but guys like Hogan and Flair will no doubt be in the dvd.
Old 06-10-10, 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by drew4824
There was a special WWE Magazine in 2003 that listed the top 50 stars, so that should be a good indicator of who will make the dvd and who will not. Also, should be interesting to see what current stars make the list and bump some of the older guys off. I see guys like Lesner and Angle being kicked from the list since they aren't with the company but guys like Hogan and Flair will no doubt be in the dvd.
Angle is another I forgot. He should be on the list. Arguably, he is one of the top 5 best technical wrestlers ever. I do wonder if they would let people vote for Chris Benoit.
Old 06-11-10, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by JJE-187
Man, I would gladly pay that for a dvd here in Canada. At Walmart, the new WWE releases like that are usually $32.99!! A total rip off really. So just be lucky the dvd at your Wal-mart is 22.95.
Old 06-11-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jammer311
Man, I would gladly pay that for a dvd here in Canada. At Walmart, the new WWE releases like that are usually $32.99!! A total rip off really. So just be lucky the dvd at your Wal-mart is 22.95.
Yea, and hardly any specials on them.

Best Buy US has a great deal on several 3 Disc DVDs for $13 like Rise and Fall of WCW, HIAC, Jeff Hardy, History or World Title etc. Those are all $32+ at Best Buy Canada and at other stores.

The discounts we really get are when Wal-mart dumps older WWE DVDs for $5 (usually 1 or 2 disc releases, never 3)...just recently they had several 2006-2007 and some 2008 dvds for that price and that's basically it.
Old 06-12-10, 01:54 PM

Cover art for the TNA Best of the Asylum Years... Looks incredibly similar to the Christian DVD!

Old 06-12-10, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by md2810
Cover art for the TNA Best of the Asylum Years... Looks incredibly similar to the Christian DVD!

Maybe they just assumed no one would notice.
Old 06-12-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anybody has a solid copy of the Best Buy Exclsuive title called "WWE Legends of Wrestling 2 - Hogan and Backlund" available for a trade? Best Buy doesn't seem to be offering it anymore and I can't find it in their stores, so if you're OK with doing a one on one trade for this thing, let me know the DVD you'd like in exchange and maybe we can work something out. I'm a decent guy and very fair in the process. Take care.

PLEASE...no PMs, but do feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you're interested in helping me out. Thanks everyone!

Richard
Old 06-12-10, 05:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rmw650
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anybody has a solid copy of the Best Buy Exclsuive title called "WWE Legends of Wrestling 2 - Hogan and Backlund" available for a trade? Best Buy doesn't seem to be offering it anymore and I can't find it in their stores, so if you're OK with doing a one on one trade for this thing, let me know the DVD you'd like in exchange and maybe we can work something out. I'm a decent guy and very fair in the process. Take care.

PLEASE...no PMs, but do feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you're interested in helping me out. Thanks everyone!

Richard

Is available from a couple of third part sellers on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Wwe-Legends-Wr...6381370&sr=8-2
Old 06-12-10, 06:13 PM

what do you have to trade? i still have a sealed copy.
Old 06-12-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kinda disappointed about jericho dvd not having a doc, but what can you do. They seem to be releasing less and less documentaries as the years go by, which is a shame. I guess they feel too much money is spent to go out and interview people who may or may not be with the company.

As for buying movies with wrestlers starring. I own my share but refuse to spend top dollar for a few of these flicks, even when it's a blu-ray of the film. For example I was looking to buy wrong side of town and The Stranger but they have them both at 29.99, which is just way not worth it.
Old 06-12-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta
As for buying movies with wrestlers starring. I own my share but refuse to spend top dollar for a few of these flicks, even when it's a blu-ray of the film. For example I was looking to buy wrong side of town and The Stranger but they have them both at 29.99, which is just way not worth it.
In Canada Wrong Side of Town Blu-ray goes for about $22-$25, i still haven't bought it. I might pick it up once it drops to the $10-$15 range.

As for Stranger i preordered the Blu-ray from Amazon.ca when for some odd reason had it for $13.99, so i got that...on release date price jumped to $28. Best Buy is charging $32 and Walmart for $24...so i'm glad i got it for cheap.

I watched it couple days ago and it's pretty decent...i enjoyed Damage more though.
Old 06-13-10, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Took advantage of the WWE DVD sale at Best Buy right before it ended, and got the two DVDs that I've been dying to get since December/January: the Jeff Hardy set and The Best of RAW 2009.

I'm really excited for these two; they both have a ton of great matches and I feel like every disc has something to offer. Plus, for the price plus tax, it comes to less than $5 a disc, which is amazing.

I bought the HBK DVD, My Journey, but then I realized there was nothing on it that I really wanted, so I immediately returned it (not a fan of the older stuff, and I have ALL of disc 3 already).
Old 06-13-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I started getting into ROH about 1 or 2 ago and so far i have the 4 KOCH retails (which were awesome btw, enjoyed every minute of those), also got all 3 volumes of CM Punk, Samoa Joe: World Champion and Best of AJ Styles Vol. 2 - Phenomenon Continues.

I enjoyed all those DVDs and look to collect more, trying to find Vol. 1 of AJ Styles and Vol. 2 and 3 of Samoa Joe.

But now i think i should get some of their ppvs. I read Man Up 07 is awesome along with others like Driven 07, Respect Is Earned and others.

ROHWrestling.com have a bunch of $10 ppvs, so wondering which are the good/awesome ones? and For people into ROH, what other ppv DVDs would guys recommend?

Last edited by sg2386; 06-13-10 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-13-10, 04:15 PM
Cool New Member

When does the new TNA Asylum DVD come out?
Old 06-13-10, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by deto
what do you have to trade? i still have a sealed copy.
DETO,

Is there a specific DVD you'd like in return for that title I'm looking for? I'll try and get it for you if you're OK with trading it as a one on one for that title.

Let me know what you think, by e-mailing me at [email protected] when time allows and we can discuss details. Thanks Deto!

Richard
Old 06-13-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Took advantage of the WWE DVD sale at Best Buy right before it ended, and got the two DVDs that I've been dying to get since December/January: the Jeff Hardy set and The Best of RAW 2009.

I'm really excited for these two; they both have a ton of great matches and I feel like every disc has something to offer. Plus, for the price plus tax, it comes to less than $5 a disc, which is amazing.

I bought the HBK DVD, My Journey, but then I realized there was nothing on it that I really wanted, so I immediately returned it (not a fan of the older stuff, and I have ALL of disc 3 already).
Just got the Batista one this afternoon at Best Buy...can't go wrong for 13 bucks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.