Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 05-15-16, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Remember, the only thing that's different between the two sets are just the cover arts as the contents to both series sets are still the same.
Old 05-16-16, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rhpsozzy
Best Buy puts all the wrestling Blus/DVDs at the end of the Action section, at least that's what they did at the store I go to.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out again later this week. I'll probably hit 1 or 2 other stores that are local.
Old 05-16-16, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650
Remember, the only thing that's different between the two sets are just the cover arts as the contents to both series sets are still the same.
Yeah. It's ok, I'm not going to open it anyway, I already have the blu ray. I'm a collector so I definitely need the variant.
Old 05-21-16, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by rhpsozzy
Best Buy puts all the wrestling Blus/DVDs at the end of the Action section, at least that's what they did at the store I go to.
I wanna thank you for letting me know this, I was able to find the wrestling section in the 2nd store I went to, and I was able to pick up the Owen "deleted" dvd. Thanks!
Old 05-21-16, 03:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GenericDVDs
I wanna thank you for letting me know this, I was able to find the wrestling section in the 2nd store I went to, and I was able to pick up the Owen "deleted" dvd. Thanks!
No problemo. Glad I was able to help.
Old 06-06-16, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

The History of the WWE Hardcore Championship is coming on Sept 6th, very excited since these were some of my favorite matches and characters from the Attitude Era. I know there is supposed to be a bluray, but Amazon doesn't have the preorder up for it yet.
http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/f...lu-ray/114750/
http://www.amazon.com/WWE-History-Ha...af49fd745ca472
Old 06-06-16, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
The History of the WWE Hardcore Championship is coming on Sept 6th, very excited since these were some of my favorite matches and characters from the Attitude Era. I know there is supposed to be a bluray, but Amazon doesn't have the preorder up for it yet.
http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/f...lu-ray/114750/
http://www.amazon.com/WWE-History-Ha...af49fd745ca472
Looking forward to getting this myself when it comes out and the WWE should bring this title back as part of the new brand split happening next month.
Old 06-07-16, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know why the belt couldn't be brought back. I alway thought the violence was more cartoonish than realistic it could fit in with still being PG.
Old 09-07-16, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The history of the WWE hardcore championship is now out, I'll be getting my copy on bluray in the next few days. Also did anyone pickup the Attitude Era vol. 3? I have thought about it because I have the other two volumes, but reviews have said its mostly dark matches which I am not sure if I want to buy it.
Old 09-07-16, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
The history of the WWE hardcore championship is now out, I'll be getting my copy on bluray in the next few days. Also did anyone pickup the Attitude Era vol. 3? I have thought about it because I have the other two volumes, but reviews have said its mostly dark matches which I am not sure if I want to buy it.
If memory served me correctly, most of the matches were of hard camera angles and no commentary with the exception of one match throughout the entire DVD set, but it was nice to see stuff not airing on the TV in ages, despite the goofy camera angles these matches were shot in, but in some instances, that's probably what only exists of a wide range of these matches.
Old 01-16-17, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

For anyone still interested in physical media, ROH is currently having their biggest sale ever. All ROH dvds are 50% off. For Ringside members, they are marked down to 65% off. I ordered 31 dvds, all of the shows released from 2016 to this point, for a total of $195. Impossible to pass that up.
Old 01-16-17, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just wanted to also say the new DDP DVD Set is now slated for release on 4/4/2017 and the RAW After Wrestlemania will be released on March 14th, according to wrestlingdvdnetwork.com and Kurt Angle has been announced as the first inductee to this year's HOF class of 2017
Old 06-20-20, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't sure where to post this. But i bought this Great Muta Laser Disc. It's so cool. He is my favorite wrestler of all time.
I used to have a decent wrestling collection on dvd but i sold them all a couple years ago. I regretted that decision.

The following users liked this post:
Master O (11-09-21)
Old 06-04-21, 12:36 AM

OK, so lack of activity in the thread is a good thing, maybe someone will sell me a couple of dvds, specifically the TNA dvd "The Best of 3LK", as well as WWF PPV's on dvd 99-01. Also want to get the TNA/Impact releases: #1)Best of Hulk Hogan in TNA; #2)Best of Sting in TNA; #3)Best of Jeff Hardy Vol 3. Any help much appreciated. If it's posted in the wrong place, my apologies.
Old 11-06-21, 04:31 PM

If anyone is still around reading this, I"m looking to buy TNA/Impact DVDs from 2014 to today. If you've got some you'd like to sell, drop me a PM. Also still after that 3LK dvd. Help me out folks!
Old 11-09-21, 08:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PaiMeiTheCruel
I wasn't sure where to post this. But i bought this Great Muta Laser Disc. It's so cool. He is my favorite wrestler of all time.
I used to have a decent wrestling collection on dvd but i sold them all a couple years ago. I regretted that decision.
The Great Muta is apparently also the inspiration for "Red Dragon" from an old arcade wrestling game called 3 Count Bout.

youtube dot com watch?v=rxGzDS_P4nk

(I can't currently post links due to being below 30 posts)

That DVD looks cool nonetheless.
Old 11-14-21, 12:13 PM

Still looking to buy Best of 3LK. Help a fellow collector out and sell it to me! Send me a PM
Old 11-14-21, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by PaiMeiTheCruel
That Laserdisc is such a great collection item!

I met the Great Muta back in 2017 at a PCW Ultra show, shortly after I returned from a trip to Japan.

Asked him to sign my NJPW VHS Muta Compilation "Vol. 3 Violent Battle of Muta".

He seemed genuinely surprised that I had a copy that he ended up signing it for free!

Originally Posted by Aces_High
If anyone is still around reading this, I"m looking to buy TNA/Impact DVDs from 2014 to today. If you've got some you'd like to sell, drop me a PM. Also still after that 3LK dvd. Help me out folks!
All of the TNA DVDs I own are pre-2014. Sorry!
The following users liked this post:
Aces_High (11-18-21)
Old 11-24-21, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

What's out there concerning AEW and the current major independents?

I am guessing that the WWE is all but done with dvd/blu-ray releases except for their PPVs(not sure if they even release those)?
Old 11-24-21, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
What's out there concerning AEW and the current major independents?

I am guessing that the WWE is all but done with dvd/blu-ray releases except for their PPVs(not sure if they even release those)?
Nope, as the WWE FINALLY managed to release not one, but two NON-PPV DVDs with one already out and the other coming out in a few weeks time after multiple complaints by fans as to why not enough of the NON-PPV stuff has been released and those two titles are as follows:

1) Best of 1996: Prelude to Attitude (DVD) - This one just came out two weeks ago on November 9th but a pain in the butt to find in the stores.
2) Drew McIntyre: The Best of WWE’s Scottish Warrior (DVD) - Coming out on December 14th and probably the same as above in terms of finding this title too.

Old 02-18-22, 02:15 PM

I've got serious money for anyone looking to sell their Best of 3 Live Kru dvd set in great shape. Also need some 2014-15-16 TNA dvds as well. Send me a message, thanks.
Old 06-19-22, 06:14 PM

If anyone is reading this, I'm trying to find resealable plastic wrappers to put on the WWE 3-DVD digipack/boxset/whatever the F they're callled (lol) as I don't want anymore wear & tear, as I've taken good care of them over the years. All are in at least VG shape and I'd like to keep them that way. Any advice or guidance is appreciated.

And I'm still looking for the 3LK dvd, plus those '14 & '15 TNA dvds, and also the original Mania Anthology set-the very first one that came out in 05, and was just WM 1-20 and came with the film cells. The box itself needs to be in VG or better shape and come with the film cells.

Please reply if you can help w/the wrappers, and message me if you can help or have any of the dvds I'm looking for. Thanks and good night.
Old 09-01-22, 08:12 PM

Few months later still looking for:
-Lockdown 2014
-Hardcore Justice 2015
-Rivals 2015
-World Cup 2015
-World Cup 2016
-GFW Amped Vol 3
-GFW Amped Vol 4

Also need UK Imports:
WWE In Your House Tagged Classics
-IYH 14/15
-IYH 19/20
-IYH 21/22
-IYH 23/24
-IYH 25/26
-IYH 27/28
-Fully Loaded/Unforgiven 1999
-Judgment Day/Fully Loaded 2000
-Fab Four/One Night Only

PM me if you have and are looking to move them.