Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 05-18-10, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

29.99 is on the sticker. Sorry for the confusion!
Old 05-18-10, 06:42 PM

I also picked up the Best PPV Matches 2009-10 BD at Best Buy. I haven't started watching it yet but I noticed an error on the back of the case which says the Approx. Run Time is 6 hours. No way. It's obviously 9 hours plus (540 min.+). Right?
Old 05-19-10, 01:34 AM

So is the only thing that makes the WWE: Best PPV Matches Of 2009/2010 Blu-ray a Best Buy exclusive is the early release date? No extra disk like WrestleMania XXVI has?
Old 05-19-10, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Prowler
So is the only thing that makes the WWE: Best PPV Matches Of 2009/2010 Blu-ray a Best Buy exclusive is the early release date? No extra disk like WrestleMania XXVI has?
As far as I can tell the only Best Buy exclusivity is the date of release and the time period before it's released everywhere else. The Mania Blu Ray in Canada was 3 Disc, and the PPV Matches one 2 Disc, both the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong but these Canadian versions seem to be identical to the US versions other than the white "Canadian Home Video 14A Rating" sticker on the back, and a new barcode sticker over the original barcode. Catalogs WWE94828, WWE94830.

I purchased the Mania Blu Ray from http://www.playusa.com and the Best PPV Matches Blu Ray from http://www.amazon.ca

The UK get the same content in the Blu Rays also.
Old 05-19-10, 07:47 AM
Suspended

WWE Best of PPV Matches 2009-2010 Bestbuy Exclusive Blu-Ray
Old 05-19-10, 08:21 AM

I ordered Destination X 2010 from shoptna.com....and man, they got some f'n racket going there. The price was $19.99. Then when you go to check out, they charge you like $4 for shipping, $3 for handling, then a surcharge of around $3...I ended up paying over $30 for the dvd. I guess that's why the CTL 3pack was so cheap, we got 3 PPV's for the price of 1, now we get 1 PPV for the price of 2.

I'm a completest so I picked up the Best of 09-10 PPV matches on DVD also. Yes I Have the BD already, but I wanted the DVD version too-even though I have every 2009-2010 PPV on dvd. LOL. Hey, to each his own, right?

QUESTION: TNA Impact game came w/a bonus disc. I ordered it from ebay thinking it was something different, and it turns out the bonus disc is "Sting: Return of an Icon". Wasn't there another dvd that came w/the game, that had a compilation of matches? Or was the Sting disc the only dvd that came w/the game?
Old 05-19-10, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Aces_High
QUESTION: TNA Impact game came w/a bonus disc. I ordered it from ebay thinking it was something different, and it turns out the bonus disc is "Sting: Return of an Icon". Wasn't there another dvd that came w/the game, that had a compilation of matches? Or was the Sting disc the only dvd that came w/the game?
The one included with Sting: Return of an Icon was a Best Buy exclusive. The other DVD with the 5 bonus matches is only from Gamestop/EB. The disc itself even has Gamestop/EB on it and comes in a paper sleeve.
Old 05-19-10, 10:51 AM

You think an extra $10 is bad if I want to order one TNA DVD to the UK they charge $35 shipping.
Old 05-19-10, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I ordered Destination X 2010 from shoptna.com....and man, they got some f'n racket going there. The price was $19.99. Then when you go to check out, they charge you like $4 for shipping, $3 for handling, then a surcharge of around $3...I ended up paying over $30 for the dvd. I guess that's why the CTL 3pack was so cheap, we got 3 PPV's for the price of 1, now we get 1 PPV for the price of 2.
I went through the same thing this morning. I wasn't gonna get it but figured I might just as well do it and get it over with. For all the excess charges, that dvd had better get here fast,lol.
Old 05-19-10, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When ordering from shoptna.com, you're actually lucky if you get the product.

I've put in three orders there, twice DVDs were left out of the shipment and another time the DVD was supposed to come autographed and didn't.

FYI, their customer service is non-existent. I've emailed and called and never spoken to anyone or received a response back.

Don't ask me why I've ordered from them three times. I guess I just don't learn.

Actually, I'm not that dense. I only order when the DVDs are $4/$5 and I can get free shipping, so losing a disc doesn't break the bank. But it still sucks. Hope your orders go well.

Last edited by Fanboy; 05-19-10 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-19-10, 02:33 PM

See, I've ordered plenty from ShopTNA and never had any problems. Guess I'm just lucky. Same with Highspots, people claim to have terrible problems with them, but I have nothing but positive experiences with them every time I order from them.
Old 05-19-10, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by will94
See, I've ordered plenty from ShopTNA and never had any problems. Guess I'm just lucky. Same with Highspots, people claim to have terrible problems with them, but I have nothing but positive experiences with them every time I order from them.
I have zero issues with Highspots. Everytime I've ordered from them, the items came in a timely fashion.

Originally Posted by sg2386
The one included with Sting: Return of an Icon was a Best Buy exclusive. The other DVD with the 5 bonus matches is only from Gamestop/EB. The disc itself even has Gamestop/EB on it and comes in a paper sleeve.
There was a bonus DVD included in the Toys R' Us version as well. Forgot what mathes were on it.
Old 05-19-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered from Highspots many times in the past to get caught up on some WWF DVDs they had, and never had any issues or problems with them, i always use to receive them 5-6 days which is pretty good.

I also order the TNA DVDs from ROH since they always receive them like few weeks before official release and again, no problems at all. It always takes 6 days for me to receive it from them.

As for ShopTNA, i ordered from there once in 2007 (the Slammiversary package that included the 3 original 2003 DVDs) and i had a horrible experience, the package took like a month to get here and their customer service was horrible, i sent several emails and not one reply to atleast update me on my order since the tracking number didn't even work. Haven't ordered from there since, maybe it has changed now since it's been 3 years.
Old 05-19-10, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had one bad experience with Highspots that put me off from ordering from them for quite some time. In the years since, all I've gotten from them are the Flair and London/Kendrick shoots.

I can't recall any problems with ShopTNA but like sg2386 above me, I typically order my TNA discs from ROH.
Old 05-20-10, 03:30 AM
Cool New Member

Just an FYI to those that pre-ordered the WWE Best of PPV DVD through Amazon.com. The pre-order price stayed at $31 but they just refunded me $7 as I complained about the price drop on the day of the release.

Worth a try if you want some $$$ for another release
Old 05-20-10, 07:39 AM

I've put through 4-5 orders to Highspots recently and all got here in 2-3 days via Fed Ex (1 time I did Priority mail and it took 2 days). Nothing but good things to say about them.

TNAshop I dont think I ever ordered from before-I just checked my email and got a shipping confirmation and get this-it's estimated arrival date is May 26th. WTF did they use to deliver, mules or horses? That's just ridiculous. Especially considering paying almost $11 for s&h.

I'm an instant gratification type of person, I want it and I want it now! LOL
Old 05-20-10, 12:34 PM
Banned

According to Pwinsider.com, Summerslam 2010 is the next Blu-ray release.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=47696
Old 05-20-10, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad WWE are releasing more on blu.

I kind of wish they released Best of RAW 2009, not sure why that got canceled.
Old 05-20-10, 02:20 PM

Me too, was looking for forward to that. It's one that they could re-release on Blu though, but dunno how likely that is!
Old 05-20-10, 02:54 PM

Glad WWE are releasing more on blu.

I kind of wish they released Best of RAW 2009, not sure why that got canceled.
I don't know why it got canned on Blu, but the fact that they released the regular DVD in standard 4:3 format when all the material was available in 16:9 was a complete letdown.
Old 05-20-10, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by will94
I don't know why it got canned on Blu, but the fact that they released the regular DVD in standard 4:3 format when all the material was available in 16:9 was a complete letdown.
Has anyone seen the Best PPV Matches DVD, is it 16:9 or 4:3 like the Raw set from earlier this year?
Old 05-20-10, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

TNAshop I dont think I ever ordered from before-I just checked my email and got a shipping confirmation and get this-it's estimated arrival date is May 26th. WTF did they use to deliver, mules or horses? That's just ridiculous. Especially considering paying almost $11 for s&h.
My estimated arrival date is the 28th. It is pretty damn ridiculous.
Old 05-20-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
My estimated arrival date is the 28th. It is pretty damn ridiculous.
Damn! you guys live in the US too and that's the date it will arrive, wow! what slow ass service. Can't imagine how long it would take to arrive in Canada (probably mid June or so). What courier do they use? I remember when i ordered from them 3 years ago it was Fedex and they still took a month to get here.

WWEShop is so damn fast. I ordered from them twice in the past and both times received it 1 day after shipping (they use UPS to Canada).

I'm just going to wait til ROH or Highspots gets Destination X, which they probably will in a month or two, when this whole ShopTNA exclusive BS ends.

Last edited by sg2386; 05-20-10 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-20-10, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm just going to wait until it's available at FYE.
Old 05-21-10, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn! you guys live in the US too and that's the date it will arrive, wow! what slow ass service. Can't imagine how long it would take to arrive in Canada (probably mid June or so). What courier do they use? I remember when i ordered from them 3 years ago it was Fedex and they still took a month to get here.
I've got two tracking numbers. One from FedEx and one from the USPS. So, I imagine it's one of those deals where FedEx has it until it hits my state and then it gets transferred to the USPS.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.