Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Old 12-16-11, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Just Received my King of the Ring Bluray in the mail today and it does have an insert.
Old 12-16-11, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that the PPV where he slipped and injured himself off the top rope going for a dive?
Old 12-17-11, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jman4200
Just Received my King of the Ring Bluray in the mail today and it does have an insert.
Was pleasantly surprised they included an insert. First with Austin and now KOTR, hopefully this will continue with the superstar/match compilation sets. Always good to know whats on each disc. Don't care about the ppv ones, but atleast they should include one for 2-3 disc sets.

I watched the first disc so far and enjoyed it...its been awhile since i've seen these matches, so it's nice to relive them again. HBK/Bulldog was amazing! such an underrated match and HBK/Austin was another awesome match.

Goldust/Ahmed bored the hell out of me...not sure why that match is there, i would have replaced that with Bret/Diesel, surprisingly that has yet to be released on DVD (minus tagged classics of course). That was one of my favourite Bret/Diesel matches.
Old 12-17-11, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by rmw650
Is that the PPV where he slipped and injured himself off the top rope going for a dive?
Yes it is, hopefully he's gone for good this time. He's useless.
Old 12-17-11, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dillkid
Survivor Series was a brilliant Pay Per View, the best one since 2002. The only thing that I could fault was Sin Cara's tiny involvement on the card, but that would just be nitpicking.
Well the WWE thinks otherwise. They aren't putting any matches from it on the "best of 2011" set (nor will they overlap 2011 and have it be on the best of 2012 set)

STUPID marketing... now the NFL is doing the same thing. Did you know that they're playing an NFL "Thursday Night Football (Special Edition)" game right now on tv? (It's Saturday, by the way; Why not call it "Saturday Night Football Special Edition"?!?! They must think their fans are as stupid as the WWE thinks their fans are! And we're NOT that dumb!)
Old 12-18-11, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Well the WWE thinks otherwise. They aren't putting any matches from it on the "best of 2011" set (nor will they overlap 2011 and have it be on the best of 2012 set)

STUPID marketing... now the NFL is doing the same thing. Did you know that they're playing an NFL "Thursday Night Football (Special Edition)" game right now on tv? (It's Saturday, by the way; Why not call it "Saturday Night Football Special Edition"?!?! They must think their fans are as stupid as the WWE thinks their fans are! And we're NOT that dumb!)
I noticed that tonight while out to dinner with my girlfriend...you'd tyhink the NFL Network could update their graphics to reflect the day of the week this particular game was airing on.
Old 12-18-11, 10:23 AM

I'm considering buying a region free Blu-Ray player and import the the PPVs that were released in the UK on BD. My only concern is picture quality, do they look the same as the PPVs released in the US? Because I know the picture looks a bit different over there due to the frame rate.
Old 12-18-11, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
I'm considering buying a region free Blu-Ray player and import the the PPVs that were released in the UK on BD. My only concern is picture quality, do they look the same as the PPVs released in the US? Because I know the picture looks a bit different over there due to the frame rate.
I've imported them and they look just the same. The only downside of doing that is having to wait the extra time for a release.
Old 12-18-11, 11:56 AM

If the shoe was on the other foot, and you got all the new Blu Ray releases in America I'd definatly go Region Free and import them. I don't know if you would be interested or not, but you'd be able to get the Tagged Classics by doing that as well if you wanted.
Old 12-19-11, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the responses. Good thing Amazon UK has the WWE BDs as well because Silvervision doesn't ship to US.
Old 12-20-11, 10:13 PM
Cool New Member

Found Best PPV Matches DVD & Blu-Ray out early at FYE in Woodbridge Mall (NJ) tonight. DVD was $22.99 and Blu was $27.99. Bought the Blu and had no trouble at the register. Haven't watched it yet, as I also grabbed Survivor Series DVD for $15.99 and watched that.
Old 12-24-11, 12:17 PM

In case anyone needs any cheap older WWE dvds, the Future Shop near where I live in Ontario has WWE dvds on sale for $10. Just certain ones though. I picked up Greatest Cage Matches, Top 50 WWE Superstars, Wrestlemania 26 3 disc set, TLC 2010 and Royal Rumble 2011, all for $10 each.

So any fellow Canadian's who need to still get some older dvds, this is your chance at a really cheap price for them!
Old 12-27-11, 10:11 PM

Got the Best PPV Matches 2011 BD from amazon today and there's no insert, but the match listings are printed on the inside cover
Old 12-27-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got the Best PPV Matches 2011 BD from amazon today and there's no insert, but the match listings are printed on the inside cover
Good to know...thanks!

Went this morning to Best Buy could not find the BD version, only the DVD, went to Walmart right beside and same thing...plus it's day after boxing day in Canada so stores were packed and couldn't be bothered to drive around.

I gave up so i just ordered from Amazon, and it shipped few hours later, which was surprising so hopefully will receive it tomorrow.
Old 12-30-11, 07:01 PM

for those who have the king of the ring dvd, i heard it still has the sidebars on the 4:3 footage just like the blu ray does, can anybody confirm this
i was under the impression that the dvd would not have those sidebars
Old 12-30-11, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
for those who have the king of the ring dvd, i heard it still has the sidebars on the 4:3 footage just like the blu ray does, can anybody confirm this
i was under the impression that the dvd would not have those sidebars
All WWE superstar/match compilation dvds since Ricky Steamboat from June 2010 are filmed in widescreen so older footage in 4:3 will have the sidebars to compliment 16:9 widescreen televisions.

Only way to get rid of those is to stretch the picture (not sure why people would do this, it makes it look worse) or play them on 4:3 CRT television.
Old 12-30-11, 09:58 PM

i remember watching omg dvd and i believe the whole screen was filled, this must be a new thing if true, anyways does anybody have the king of the ring dvd and watched the older matches, are there bars on the side
Old 12-30-11, 10:21 PM

in fact just checked, ladder match 2 dvd fills up entire screen widescreen, so if true this must be a new thing, can anybody confirm this for sure?, those who have the dvd version
Old 12-31-11, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wrestlemania 29 Blu-ray special feature?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os
Old 12-31-11, 12:25 PM
Cool New Member

About the dvds aspect ratio, they actually have both a 4:3 and a 16:9 depending on what your dvd players output is set to.

All 2008 to present ppv dvds and mid-2010 or so to present dvd collections that I know of work this way.

DVD player set to output at 16:9 = Side bars/wwehd logo in the top left corner.

Set to 4:3= no side bars/wwehd logo.

So for older footage it will be exactly the same as on the older dvds.

I don't like watching in 16:9 so I always switch my dvd player/tv screen over to 4:3.

For reference the earliest and latest released dvds I have that work this way are WM24 and the recent best ppv matches 2011 set.
Old 12-31-11, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
Wrestlemania 29 Blu-ray special feature?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os
Let the speculation begin and who knows...it could happen in just three months time or maybe Lesner becomes a surprise entrant into the Rumble.
Old 01-03-12, 08:07 AM

I saw on wwedvdnews that supposedly Walmart has a $5/$10 sale going on. It's mostly their movies and some random one-discers for $5, and then two packs for $10. I went to four stores yesterday and the closest thing I found was the Survivor Series 08/09 two-pack.
Old 01-03-12, 07:11 PM

the best of raw/smackdown 2011 has no match listing yet does it?, less than 30 days and nothing yet?
Old 01-04-12, 06:21 AM

Raw/SD 2011 content on it's way, surely.
Old 01-04-12, 09:10 AM

Silvervision are getting it ready as I type, so it should be up later today.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.