Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
It was the same story with the Royal Rumble Blu-ray. A lot of stores only got a couple copies, including the one I got mine from. However, that was just their original shipment. It won't be just 2 copies for the entire duration of the exclusive window. Part of me wonders if they purposely limit the number on hand and immediately put it on backorder through the web site as a means to stall people until the price goes up to 30 bucks.
What about a raincheck? Does Best Buy not offer them? I'm pretty sure they do..
Old 05-05-10, 07:24 PM

best buy was out of the wrestlemania 3 disker.. I should have asked for a raincheck.. i didn't know they did them.
Old 05-05-10, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The "exclusive" aspect has to do with both the timing window as well as the 3rd disc. I believe Best Buy's exclusive window on it runs until some time in either July or August, after which time it will be available everywhere else.

The other exclusive part is the 3rd disc, which has the full Raw and Smackdown shows the week of Wrestlemania. When the non-exclusive Blu-ray hits other stores later, it will just be a 2 disc version without those two shows.
Dude, what you shared is NOT entirely true.

The 3rd disc is not an exclusive at Bestbuy, The so called "Exclusive Aspect" you previously mentioned pertains only to the "Release Date" and an "EXCLUSIVE UPC Sticker"

You better research and study your findings before sharing erroneous facts

Oh...

reminder to others.. you can still get your $16.99 WM26 Exclusive DVD while supplies last at FYE!

Originally Posted by xage
I feel bad to those who jumped and bought the FYE Exclusive Wrestlemania 3disc DVD with DOGTAG for $19.99 where you can get it for $16.99

To those who didnt bought it yet...

Old 05-06-10, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dude, what you shared is NOT entirely true.

The 3rd disc is not an exclusive at Bestbuy, The so called "Exclusive Aspect" you previously mentioned pertains only to the "Release Date" and an "EXCLUSIVE UPC Sticker"

You better research and study your findings before sharing erroneous facts

Oh...

reminder to others.. you can still get your $16.99 WM26 Exclusive DVD while supplies last at FYE!
Chill out, pally. I'm only going off of what everyone else has said around the internet about it. So you're saying that once Best Buy's exclusive window expires, that the same exact 3 disc version with the Raw and Smackdown shows will be available everywhere? This would be the first I've heard of that. It also begs the question of why the Royal Rumble 2010 non-Best Buy Blu-ray edition is supposedly 1 disc rather than 2.

There's no need to be a complete penis tip about it. It's not like I pulled fake info out of my ass and stated it as gospel on a whim.
Old 05-06-10, 12:50 AM

Chill out, pally. I'm only going off of what everyone else has said around the internet about it. So you're saying that once Best Buy's exclusive window expires, that the same exact 3 disc version with the Raw and Smackdown shows will be available everywhere? This would be the first I've heard of that. It also begs the question of why the Royal Rumble 2010 non-Best Buy Blu-ray edition is supposedly 1 disc rather than 2.

There's no need to be a complete penis tip about it. It's not like I pulled fake info out of my ass and stated it as gospel on a whim.
Im cool dude, its just that you do not have confirmation about the Wrestlemania 26 Bluray. And please do not divert to Royal Rumble, it's Wrestlemania 26 Blu-Ray Im correcting you about.
Old 05-06-10, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Im cool dude, its just that you do not have confirmation about the Wrestlemania 26 Bluray. And please do not divert to Royal Rumble, it's Wrestlemania 26 Blu-Ray Im correcting you about.
"Please do not divert?" What in the fuck does that even mean?

I only brought up the Royal Rumble because you would think that if one didn't have it, the other wouldn't. I know exactly what you were correcting me on. Again, every tidbit of info I had read suggested that the Raw and Smackdown episodes were to be part of Best Buy's exclusivity with the Blu-rays (in the US)-not just for Wrestlemania, but all of the BD releases. If that is incorrect, so be it. Dare I even ask how or where you got said "confirmation", since everything I've seen suggests otherwise?

Last edited by SexualPudding; 05-06-10 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-06-10, 01:42 AM

"Please do not divert?" What in the fuck does that even mean?

I only brought up the Royal Rumble because you would think that if one didn't have it, the other wouldn't. I know exactly what you were correcting me on. Again, every tidbit of info I had read suggested that the Raw and Smackdown episodes were to be part of Best Buy's exclusivity with the Blu-rays (in the US)-not just for Wrestlemania, but all of the BD releases. If that is incorrect, so be it. Dare I even ask how or where you got said "confirmation", since everything I've seen suggests otherwise?
First of all using profane words is highly immature, secondly proving a point by using another blu-ray (Royal Rumble?) release as an excuse does not solidify anything about your "Exclusive Aspect" statement.

The "exclusive" aspect has to do with both the timing window as well as the 3rd disc. I believe Best Buy's exclusive window on it runs until some time in either July or August, after which time it will be available everywhere else.

So without any further adue

The XAGE's Proof No 1

Comparative UPC Sticker

As you can see Bestbuy's Exclusive UPC Sticker come with 30 at the end which shows its for their own inventory purpose

The XAGE's Proof No 2

Google/Bing/Yahoo Search: 651191948284

Sites like Barnes & Noble or FYE will show you 3discs

url links :

FYE Wrestlemania 26 Bluray

Barnes & Noble Wrestlemani 26 Bluray

Hey look whats showing up at FYE's site:

Moral Lesson:

Never Ever conclude your findings if it is NOT PRECISE & ACCURATE.

One should be open for ERRORS and CORRECTIONS

I would be glad to hear from anyone here if there is in-accuracy in information shared with my post with regards to Wrestlemania 26

SexualPudding, I guess you should slap the face of the so called "Internet" sources where you got the "WRONG Exclusive Aspect" information.

The Xage rest his case about Wrestlemania 26 Bluray
Old 05-06-10, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by sat54
Are they any Kmart exclusive for the WrestleMania 26 Collector's set?
The only exclusive K-mart got was WM 26 2 DVD set with a free bonus DVD Greatest Stars of Wrestlemania included. It was $17.99 and this was also my choice of purchase. I did not see the 3 disk collectors set anywhere in the store.

It was the same story with the Royal Rumble Blu-ray. A lot of stores only got a couple copies, including the one I got mine from. However, that was just their original shipment. It won't be just 2 copies for the entire duration of the exclusive window. Part of me wonders if they purposely limit the number on hand and immediately put it on backorder through the web site as a means to stall people until the price goes up to 30 bucks.
I think they purposely limit the item. I originally planed on the Best Buy blu ray. For whatever given reason all best buys in my area got like 1 to 0 copies. Ironically they advertised it in the weekly sales ad. Thanks allot Worst Buy for wasting my gas. I am glad to see several fellow members scored the BR. Still I think it's poor business practice to advertise it when the stores get 1 copy. Oh and the min the sale is over there is like 20 copies on the sales floor.

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
What about a raincheck? Does Best Buy not offer them? I'm pretty sure they do..
Originally Posted by sergtv
best buy was out of the wrestlemania 3 disker.. I should have asked for a raincheck.. i didn't know they did them.
Last time I asked for a rain check at BB few months ago. They told me they do not do rain checks anymore. Which is a load of BS cause they used to do rain checks. I don't understand why they told me no.

Updated with pictures 5:30AM

Last edited by Kaori00; 05-06-10 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-06-10, 09:07 AM

In both sides of the disagreement, you can't solely go on what is listed on anyone's website...just wait and see when the time comes for other stores to carry it. I only say this because FYE's site still lists the John Morrisson Rockstar dvd as having a digital copy, which we know doesn't exist... and if I'm not mistaken the upc is the same on everyone else's site.
Old 05-06-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

First of all using profane words is highly immature, secondly proving a point by using another blu-ray (Royal Rumble?) release as an excuse does not solidify anything about your "Exclusive Aspect" statement.

So without any further adue

The XAGE's Proof No 1

Comparative UPC Sticker

As you can see Bestbuy's Exclusive UPC Sticker come with 30 at the end which shows its for their own inventory purpose

The XAGE's Proof No 2

Google/Bing/Yahoo Search: 651191948284

Sites like Barnes & Noble or FYE will show you 3discs

url links :

FYE Wrestlemania 26 Bluray

Barnes & Noble Wrestlemani 26 Bluray

Moral Lesson:

Never Ever conclude your findings if it is NOT PRECISE & ACCURATE.

One should be open for ERRORS and CORRECTIONS

I would be glad to hear from anyone here if there is in-accuracy in information shared with my post with regards to Wrestlemania 26

SexualPudding, I guess you should slap the face of the so called "Internet" sources where you got the "WRONG Exclusive Aspect" information.

The Xage rest his case about Wrestlemania 26 Bluray
Aww...hey, good for you, buddy. How dare I or anyone question someone who spends the time and energy to watermark the fucking item sale listing of an online retailer. The audacity......

Last edited by SexualPudding; 05-06-10 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-06-10, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those that bought the Collectors Edition of WM 26, noticed last night that Ventura's commentary on Disc 2 of the WM 6 match of Ted DiBiase and Jake the Snake was edited out. I wish they stop doing this and the damn crowd noise being pumped on there as well. It's awful but other then that, seems good so far.
Old 05-06-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I seen a preview on a WWE DVD for the John Morrison as a 3-Disc set.
Old 05-06-10, 04:09 PM

Just adding my two cents Xage, FYE listed the John Morrison DVD as coming with a digital copy, and in fact, still does even after release and it not having a digital copy.

So the fact that they've got the same UPC and say it's going to be 3 discs on their site is pretty much irrelevant.
Old 05-06-10, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650
For those that bought the Collectors Edition of WM 26, noticed last night that Ventura's commentary on Disc 2 of the WM 6 match of Ted DiBiase and Jake the Snake was edited out. I wish they stop doing this and the damn crowd noise being pumped on there as well. It's awful but other then that, seems good so far.
As far as jesse goes unless its a full event they won't use his commentary as they have to pay him royalties.
Old 05-06-10, 09:07 PM

TNA Impact the video game that came with a bonus DVD disc, does anyone have pics of this? And what can you tell me about the bonus disc, is it considered a "Sting" DVD, meaning he's on the disc itself? Any info would be appreciated!
Old 05-06-10, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
TNA Impact the video game that came with a bonus DVD disc, does anyone have pics of this? And what can you tell me about the bonus disc, is it considered a "Sting" DVD, meaning he's on the disc itself? Any info would be appreciated!
Sting's picture is on the disc. It came in a regular paper sleeve and has five matches on it:
- Ultimate X - Final Resolution 2005
- Ultimate X - Bound for Glory 2007
- Elevation X - Destination X 2007
- King of the Mountain - Slammiversary 2007
- Steel Asylum - Sacrifice 2008

I'll get some pictures of it for you if nobody else does when I get back to my house tomorrow.
Old 05-06-10, 09:28 PM

Thanks for such a quick response....theres a couple on greedybay listed with "Sting bonus disc" so I didn't want to end up with another copy of his solo dvd release "Return of an icon". Now that I know what it is I can move forward and purchase-$13 for game & dvd aint a bad price at all.
Old 05-07-10, 01:17 PM

Hastings (gohastings.com) is having another 30% Off sale (thru 5/8) Code: HAST52

Just ordered some of the WWE collections I never got around to getting... IC Title, Heavyweight Title and World Title. Also the first Survivor Series collection. The shipping seems kinda steep, but for the total price I couldn't pass up the deal.
Old 05-08-10, 01:07 PM

Someone has it early!

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-08-10, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Someone has it early!

Cool. Do you know what matches are on the set (other than those listed on the back)?
Old 05-08-10, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Someone has it early!

Based on that match listing alone, I have a feeling I'm going to end up skipping this release. I've been looking forward to it for some time, but this isn't a good start.

-the body bag match is a cool addition. Anything with Warrior is always fun to see.
-the buried alive match was good, but the blurring will be ungodly.
-Don't see the point in UT/Orton HIAC. They just released the HIAC set.
-UT/Kane inferno match from RAW is a nice addition, but still, the blurring will be terrrible.
-UT/Batista in LMS is a great match, but I'm indifferent because I already own it.

BTW, on an unrelated note, does anyone know the status of the "Best of PPV matches" set on blu-ray in the United States?
Old 05-08-10, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
Based on that match listing alone, I have a feeling I'm going to end up skipping this release. I've been looking forward to it for some time, but this isn't a good start.

-the body bag match is a cool addition. Anything with Warrior is always fun to see.
-the buried alive match was good, but the blurring will be ungodly.
-Don't see the point in UT/Orton HIAC. They just released the HIAC set.
-UT/Kane inferno match from RAW is a nice addition, but still, the blurring will be terrrible.
-UT/Batista in LMS is a great match, but I'm indifferent because I already own it.

BTW, on an unrelated note, does anyone know the status of the "Best of PPV matches" set on blu-ray in the United States?
It will be a Best Buy exclusive in the US available May 18.

The website has it for preorder;

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Wwe%3A+B...9841682&st=wwe

I'm actually looking forward to the Blu-ray release since every match except 3 (James/McCool, Mysterio/Taker and HBK/Taker) are going to be available on Blu-ray for the first time in North America.

Last edited by sg2386; 05-08-10 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-08-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sg2386
It will be a Best Buy exclusive in the US available May 18.

The website has it for preorder;

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Wwe%3A+B...9841682&st=wwe

I'm actually looking forward to the Blu-ray release since every match except 3 (James/McCool, Mysterio/Taker and HBK/Taker) are going to be available on Blu-ray for the first time in North America.
Yeah, same here, especially given that I own every 2009 PPV on DVD save for The Bash, Night of Champions, Survivor Series, and TLC. I'll be very excited to see this all on blu.
Old 05-09-10, 06:38 AM

There is a total of 20 matches on the Undertaker Deadliest Matches DVD. As far as what matches exactly are on it I have no clue. I wish WWE would put some of his PRE-Undertaker matches on some of these DVD releases! Like his match with Lex Luger at Great American Bash 1990. So many hidden gems out there rotting in WWE volts.

Side Note:
I got a rain check on the WM 26 Blu Ray. I got into a cat fight with some retarded b?tch at Best Buy. The girl had no clue how to create a rain check. She refused to give me the rain check until I got a manager involved. I'm so sick of Best Buy getting WWE exclusives. Dealing with they're idiotic employees is exhausting.
Old 05-09-10, 11:33 AM

can u post the match listing for the undertaker dvd please, since you have it early

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.